The First Day pt.2

In case you didn't read the last part if my last chapter, this entire chapter will be about Sarah's first day in Ethan's point of view. Thanks for reading!
******
*Ethan's POV*

I wake up at 6:30 and groan in bed because spring break is now over and I have to go to school. I realize this is the first time that Sarah will see me in public at school, so i dress a little nicer than usual.

I decide that if she wasn't going to text me first, then I will.

To: Sarah

Hey! Are you ready for your first day? Me and Grayson usually ride with Victoria and Alyssa to school, you could come with us if you want

From: Sarah

Yeah I'm nervous though and sure! What time should I be ready to get picked up?

To: Sarah

Just stop by my house at 6:50, see you then!

I get no more response, so I just leave and do my hair then go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Why are you so dressed up? Who are you trying to impress?" Grayson said as he raised his eyebrows up and down.

"No one, what's wrong with dressing up?" I reply.

Grayson sits there thinking for a while until he all of a sudden exclaims, "I KNOW WHO! You are trying to impress Sarah. You know you are, don't even deny it. I've seen how you act around her!" He says with a grin on his face.

"Yeah sure, whatever you say." I said, my face felt bright red. I walked upstairs to brush my teeth and get my school stuff. A few minutes later, I heard my doorbell ring and guessed it was Sarah. Grayson opened the door, and to be honest, I listened into their conversation for a while, then I decided to do down.

Once I got a clear view from her my eyes went wide. She looked amazing, even more amazing than usual. I decide to say something so I don't look like I'm eavesdropping.

"Hey Sarah! You look really nice!" I tell her.

"Thanks, you too!" She says, her face turning a little red.

Victoria's moms car pulls into the driveway and we all hop in, and I purposely sit next to Sarah.

I double check to make sure she is buckled up then I just sit silently on my phone, and I put one if my hands right next to hers.

When we get out, I show her to her locker. We both have first period together, so I waited for her to get her stuff , then I walked down to her to math.

"You ready? Math is the worst, especially for first period, and the teacher is psycho I'm pretty sure, so just pay attention in class and she will like you." I say, breaking the silence.

She laughs, "well I'm really bad at focusing, especially when a good looking guy is in my class." She says while blushing.

I turn red and smile. Was she talking about me?

Out of no where I grabbed her hand and held it. She held on, which is a good sign, right? It felt good, and a lot of people were making comments about it, but I just ignored.

When we got to class I sat in my seat and Sarah went up to the teacher. Ms. Resnik introduced Sarah to the class and told her to sit by Grayson. Except for the fact that Grayson has math 3rd period. I assume she was talking about me, so I corrected her and everyone started cracking up.

I want to talk to her, but I resist the urge since Ms. Resnik would probably scream if someone was talking while she was teaching.

Emma, my ex, kept giving dirty looks at Sarah. What did she want with her? I honestly don't know why I dated Emma in the first place.

When math is over, I walk down the hall with Sarah, then we part ways since we have different classes next period.

I wait for the day to go by, wishing it was 5th period because that's the next class we have together.

During lunch, Sarah kept looking back at me, and she looked sad, yet mad at the same time. A lot of times, I don't understand girls. She was just smiling back at me in the hallway a few hours ago, and I haven't said anything to her since then, and now she looks at me like I'm crazy.

I just ignore, and when lunch is over I go to Sarah's locker and attempt to talk to her.

"Why do you keep ignoring me?" I ask. "Like in the beginning of the day you would talk to me and now ... Now your like trying to avoid me."

"I'm not." Is all she says, then she walks past me over to the other side of the classroom. He seat is on the opposite side of the room. Well, I got lucky in math to sit by her, but not science. I see Emma sit right next to her. This won't be good. I just don't look over at Sarah, so I don't cause any more tension between us.

At the end of class, Sarah rushed out the door. Well I guess she really hates science of something. I walk to my locker and put my books back, then I glance over at Sarah's locker. There she is, on the ground with her face buried into her hands, crying.

I run over to her as fast as I can a put my hand on her shoulder.

"Sarah! what's wrong?!" I ask her.

She looks up at me, her face flooded with tears. "I don't know. Why not ask your stupid girlfriend?" She says.

"What?" That's all I could say and all I could think. I don't even have a girlfriend...

After I said that, I saw lily running down the hall towards us, and went over to Sarah, said a few things to her, then gave her a hug. I just stood there in confusion. I look at lily, and she told me everything.

"I don't have much time to explain since I have language arts soon, but listen. You know how emma sits next to Sarah in science? Yeah well she was being a complete bitch the entire class, and at the end, she went way to far. Emma told Sarah to kill herself, Emma said that you were her boyfriend, she said that Sarah looked like shit and so many more horrible things. You have to fix this, I have to go." She said then she left.

That little bitch. I can't believe Emma would ever say that. I pull up Sarah hug her. I gave her a real hug. She cried into my shoulder as I rested my head on her head (since I was a lot taller the her).

I decided to say something then.

"I'm so sorry I never knew, and she isnt my girlfriend, she would be the last girl I would be friends with! Sarah, don't do a thing she told you. Don't listen to a thing she said to you. Your beautiful in every single way. I love you." I said.

"And I mean all of that." I finished. Then, without thinking, I kissed her.

And I really meant it. Even though I met her a few days ago, I really loved her. I didn't care if I sounded weird. I was in love with her.

I took her hand a brought her down to study hall. I pulled out a chair for her then I sat right next to her, purposely moving my chair near her. I smiled at her and she smiled right back. I pulled ber closer and she rested he head on me and began reading. I pretended to read, but I couldn't get my eyes off of her.

The the end of the day, Sarah went home with Victoria while me and Grayson went to football practice. I couldn't stop thinking about her.