the first day

*Sarahs POV*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 6:00 am. I wake up instantly because I realize IT'S MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IN CALIFORNIA!

I put on a black skater skirt, a white lace crop top amd my Alex and Ani bracelet. I walk downstairs to make myself breakfast, walk back up and realize its only 6:20 and I still have 40 minutes before I leave. I decide to just straighten my hair to keep it simple, and then I brush my teeth. I do a natural makeup look so I don't look like a clown, which is what every other girl in New York looked like. (People from New York, don't be offended please! Admit it, in every state and every school, there are always those girls who put on way too much makeup, not just New York.)

I get a notification on my phone and I saw that I got a text from Ethan.

I internally scream.

From: Ethan❤

Hey! Are you ready for your first day? Me and Grayson usually ride with Victoria and Alyssa to school, you could come with us if you want

To: Ethan❤

Yeah I'm nervous though and sure! What time should I be ready to get picked up?

From: Ethan❤

Just stop by my house at 6:50, see you then!

At 6:45 I put on a pair of white vans then head out the door. When I arrive at Ethan and Grayson's house I ring their doorbell and Grayson opens the door.

"Hey, you ready?" He asked.

"I guess so, I'm nervous though." I respond.

"You'll be fine, me, Ethan and your other friends will help you out." He said.

"Thanks," I say, smiling.

Its weird how Grayson and Ethan look so similar but I see something more in Ethan, but I don't even know what. Grayson seems like a great person and I would want to be his friend, but I feel like there is something more I want to be with Ethan.

Once Ethan comes out, I can't help but notice that he looks good. Really good.

"Hey Sarah! You look really nice," Ethan said as he waved to me.

"Thanks," I giggle a little. "You too." I respond.

Victoria's mom comes to pick us up and I end up sitting right next to Ethan. His sets his hand down and its touching the edge of mine. Once we arrive at the school, we get out and Ethan walks me to my locker.

Since me and Ethan both have first period math (ew) together, he comes back to my locker when he is done getting his books.

"You ready? Math is the worst, especially for first period, and the teacher is psycho I'm pretty sure, so just pay attention in class and she will like you." He tells me.

I laugh, "well I'm really bad at focusing, especially when a good looking guy is in my class." I say while blushing.

He smiles his adorable smile and grabs my hand.

WHAT

HELP

I CANT BREATHE

HE JUST HELD MY HAND

ASDFGHJKL

Ok I think I am stable now, not really, but seriously holy poop hole!

I see a lot of people staring, pointing, and laughing. This one guy says, "You go Ethan!" As he winks at me. Another one says, "if Emma saw that she'd spaz." This is so different than New York.