Royals

Av jenni_forever

Ava Clarke finds out about the history of her family and the secret held from her. She learns about her true... Mer

Shadows & things that Screech!
The Revealing
Acceptance is the key
Crystals
How about that Element?
Thinking out Loud
Learning Control
Dancing with Demons and Ex-girlfriend's
An interrupted Kiss.
Can We All Just Get Along!
The Market
Feelings
On Edge
A letter from above and a dream from below.
Hunter's POV
So Ridiculous!
Unmasked
I shouldn't have done that!
Wendy's Advice
That's Odd?
The Impossible
What's with all the Questions?
An Enchanted Surprise!
All Eyes on Me
What is Iudiciis?
Rumble in the Hall.
A little bit of conjuring with a touch of enchantment.
Remember to breathe
Every Part Of You
Conflicting thoughts
Avalon
A Room Filled with Memories.
I can get used to this!
The Revealing.

Making Amends

3 1 0
Av jenni_forever

    I pull up to the small farm house and park my car in the driveway. My stomach felt like a whirlwind was happening inside because of my nerves. Taking a deep breath in building up the courage for the conversation I was about to have.

DING DING!

The doorbell rings when I push it. A middle aged man answers the door. He was wearing a red and black lumberjack button down, a pair of denim jeans, and some farmer boots. There was joy in his eyes when he saw me. A huge smile crossed his face making his salt and pepper beard curl up and his mustache almost touched his eyes.

"Ava! What a pleasant surprise. Please, do come in."

He widens the door so I may enter.

"Hi, Mr. Bishop, How are you?"

I say while entering.

Ben Bishop is one of the best men that I know, not that I know many. However, even if I did he will still out beat them. He raised Kai on his own after Kai's father left when he was just a kid. Ben stepped up and took care of his grandson. He has been a father to Kai ever since. Ben from what I know used to bare the element earth just like Kai. I was told he was a great royal and a specialist at making potions. I can see way Kai is so knowledgeable about the history of our world because Ben always used to take Kai on "vacations". Kai had informed me he was training him so he well be prepared for when he got his element so he can be a responsible royal. At times I wished I had a granfather like him in my life. But then again I do because Ben was always there to lend an ear or shoulder if needed.

"I am great. And yourself?"

"Oh, I am fine. I guess."

I laugh out of being nervous and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I think Ben noticed because his facial expression softness with concern.

"I am assuming you're not here to see me?"

"Unfortunately, not today. Is Kai here?"

"He is in the green house out back."

He sighs.

I can tell by Bens voice Kai must be in a funk. He knows something is bothering him and now he knows it has to do with me.

"Is he okay?"

I question curious on what kind of Kai I am about to be talking with. The understanding one or the stubborn one.

"He is being a brute."

"Noted. Wish me luck."

I smile with sarcasm.

He laughs.

"Good luck, hun."

    I stand by the entrance of the green house just watching for a moment. Kai has his headsets on and he is replanting an herb in a pot. I can tell he is at peace right now being in his element, literally. His face is focus yet calm, I can see the little boy in his eyes as he carefully works. His white tank top is dirty with dirt and his jeans have grass stains on them. I wonder how long has he been in here? I could tell it must have been awhile because he has sweat droplets on his chest and arms. A part of me doesn't want to distract him, I just want to enjoy seeing this side to him. The selfish and anxious side of me wants to get the conversation over with all ready. Kai turns around to get more soil.

"Geez!"

He says tumbling back.

"Ava, you scared the crap out of me."

He continued while removing his headsets.

"I'm sorry."

"How long have you been there?"

"For just a moment, I swear."

I confess.

"So, why are you here?"

"I ah - I wanted to talk."

Kai looks at me his green eyes sadden. It makes me want to cry to see him this way. I feel so guilty.

"Okay."

"I am sorry about how I reacted last night. I should have pulled you to the side and told you how I felt."

"You had Tatum push her."

"Whoa! Hold on, no I didn't. Tatum, acted on her own."

"Okay, but then you punched her."

"I punched her because I was done with her pushing me around."

"Ava, you didn't even tell me you were coming."

"I wanted to surprise you."

"You wanted to see if I would be doing something you wouldn't approve of with my ex."

"And I did! Which show me that you don't respect me when I am not around."

"I did nothing wrong."

"If the shoes was on the other foot you know damn well you would have hit the guy with no questions asked."

"That's different."

"How?"

"I'm a guy!"

"Don't give me that bias, sexist bullshit! You know it was wrong. Own up to it."

"Okay, I will if you own up to that fact that you don't respect me."

"What?"

"Come on, Ava. You're telling me all those one on one training sessions and book studies these past few months with Hunter have been just that."

"What?!"

I start to laugh like a mad woman.

"Tell me he is crazy? He has to be crazy,"

I say out loud talking to myself only to make myself look like the crazy one.

"Are you crazy?"

I ask him.

"No, actually I am pretty sane."

"The answer is yes! I respected you Kai. How dare you think I would cheat on you with Hunter. Every moment I was with him I was faithful to you! I had eyes for no one else. Also, he is my guardian! I have to do those things with him."

I respond. Which wasn't a lie with the exception of last night but Kai and I were broken up already therefore, he doesn't need to know.

"Yeah, with you more than others."

"You really are going to drive me crazy. Hunter, has to work with me more than you and the others, or have you forgotten?"

I remind him of my lack of the supernatural history I am missing. Kai stays quiet and doesn't even look at me. His eyes are locked on the floor and I can tell he feels ashamed.

"Look, I didn't come here to argue with you. I just wanted to let you know that I was sorry."

I turn to leave.

"I love you."

I hear him whisper.

"What?"

I reply turning around.

"I love you, Ava and it has been driving me crazy thinking that you don't love me back."

"Kai of course I love you."

"No, not love like the way you would love a friend. I am in love with you."

His words punch me in the chest and I can feel my heart skip a beat. Kai's looks at me with water in his eyes.

"Kai, I-"

"You don't feel the same. I know."

"Let me finish."

I proclaim. He looks at me like a lost puppy. I walk over to him and take his hands into mine.

"Kai, I never thought that an amazing guy like you would ever like me. I looked past you over the years and I am so sorry for that. I do love you so much. You are one of my best friends. You are my first real boyfriend. The truth is, I am still learning what love is. All I ever wanted was for you to be patient with me because I felt within time I would have fallen in love you. I mean who wouldn't you're great."

I smile and whip a tear off of his cheek.

"Yeah, I guess I was an ass."

He laughs with a sob at the end of it.

"Can you for give me?"

"For what? Being jealous and acting crazy? I hear that's a trend now."

I joke.

We both laugh at my not so funny humor.

"No, for real."

He pushes.

"Of course. Do you forgive me?"

"Always."

He warps his big arms around me and squeezes me tightly. I return his embrace but I doubt my stringy arms can squeeze him at all.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

19.2K 598 43
Happening sometime after Camp Jupiter and Half-Blood Hill unite. Percy and Annabeth are finally looking forward to peace and quiet. They've had a h...
61 0 48
Ava was just a normal girl, until the night her parents died... Her nights haunted with dreams of another world... When she is kidnapped and finds...
4.2K 487 32
In a small town like Shire Bottom, secrets are hard to keep, especially when eerie and mysterious things happen. Driven by her inner curiosity and di...
853 231 17
☠️COMPLETED☠️ Luna Black wants to have a lovely summer holiday with her grandad in the country side, but she finds out her grandad isn't the kind and...