Brelione//DruigxOC

By sairenepogue

"Druig, yes, he controls minds. But Brelione, well she controls everything else." This is almost entirely bas... More

Guide to This Book
Matching
Always
he knows
Illusions
berry picking
latibule
tell me
Silent Goddess
flatter me
lovely
Never
perfect team
guilt
the human party
play nice
greed
heart
smelly europeans
doggy paddle
future
(not part of story)
white at the wedding
(not part of story)
rewrite the stars
pretty boy
the frustration of commuication
what is happening to me?
made to fail
told you
sinking ship
last night alive
sharing the end of the world
inevitable
rebirth
forgiveness
strengthened
light weights
a life worth living
the greatest tragedy
perceptions
free
through the eyes of another
purple wax
body heat
the explorers
Very Good
Cant Stay Here
(A/N) Lets Talk
love, love and more love
The Demon
Eternal Love Doesnt Die
Brief Update
Alone Again
If Anyone Can
New Book and Tiktok

hypothermia

1.3K 31 22
By sairenepogue

when the night ends, it's not one without an almost uncomfortable amount of attention from the artists. it's not that i don't adore them and their work because i do, it's just the way that they view the world that seems to place an unholdable weight on my body. because i know the way i see it, how i look at things from all angles, watch the way peoples faces move when they speak, the way they stand, how they look at people. because the way they look at me isn't like how others look at me, the way they see me might affect the future of humanity.

that's what i am, a tool to move humanity forward. when i deep in conversation with them, one translated by druig who stands with his fingertips against my collarbones, body pressed against my back as he watched my hands move. as they ask me about my abilities, how it feels, how it works, i'm forced to remind myself that they will die one day. and for the first time, i almost feel envious of the humans. they're only here for a second of time, one where they meet people that will live with them until death, one where they can do whatever they want.

they feel amazed, excited, bewildered by our existence. shaking with excitement as i hold out my arm, allowing a sculptor to feel her fingertips against my suit, the fabric, the accents. it's that guilt coming again, knowing that the others and i will live through everything. but this feeling, the one that i dread, it disappears as the sculptor smiles, saying it's terrific. she wants to see my powers, adding quickly that she only wants to see if i'm alright with it. this, this gives me that excitement that i crave so bad.

moving my hands, setting one above the dirt, moving my hand in a way that almost resembles a current. the dirt separates, a stem like a hand reaching upwards, splitting as an orchid comes to life. the gasps from the artists put a blush on my cheeks, plucking the plant and handing it to the youthful artist. druig and i, we are the last of the eternals left at the party, the fires dying down to embers on the verge of death, the songs calming to low hums and soft taps against drums.

brilliant time we've had, but the night has died. move far in life, artists. i hope to see you again.

druig repeats it, leading to the lowering of the artists heads as they nod, thanking me. druig and i leave, walking in a silence until we've approached the mass of land that houses the domo under its surface. "do you enjoy it here?"he asks, hands moving as he speaks. he spoke to me last week, asking me how i preferred it, how i wanted him to communicate. i've never had anyone ask me that before, sitting as i tried to figure out a response. he watched me, not with any expectancy, letting me gather my thoughts.

it's the way that he understands me, not forcing responses, not repeating what he's said when it takes me long to answer. it's the respect that he treats me with that sends me into agony, one that's caused by how much i love him. it's dangerous, terrifying how an emotion can become so strong so fast. it's grown slowly but surely over the years, becoming increasingly stronger in the last seven days after being forced back so long.

it was knowing that i was finally allowed to show the feelings so openly, that everything i had pushed back rushed to the surface and erupted like a volcano. and brilliantly so it has seemed to go both ways, both of us so obsessed with eachother that ajak could feel it. literally and figuratively, approaching us one night as we sat in the dimly lit main room, our charcoal scratching against thick paper as we scribbled out poetry that invaded our minds during the late night. she told us, if we ever want to get married, that we have her full and total blessing. and to that i nearly found myself in tears.

when druig asked me, how i wanted to be spoken to, i felt that type of joy that's rare, uncommon and difficult to find. i told him that i love the sound of his voice too much, that it's one of my favorite sounds in the universe and one of my favorite colors too. he couldn't even look at me afterwards, skin too pink and eyes too squinted in a smile. he just nodded, not saying anything else.

i like most places, this is no exception.

he nods, watching me intently. he's watching for my 'tell'. he won't tell me what it is, the tiny action that gives away a lie. i've tried lying in front of a mirror and watching myself as i tried to figure out what gave me away but i just couldn't see it. i asked makkari, to pick a lie out of three sentences when i signed them to her. and still, nothing. "tomorrow, i'll show you the new latibule. it's not the same as the old one, but i'm sure we can make it work."he says.

we fall silent as we move through the halls, the air is cooler in here, our skin is still warmed from sitting at the fire. i slip away from him, carefully opening my door and igniting the wick of a scent less candle with the tip of my finger, warm light filling the room as i press the small button along my wrist, my clothes shifting into a soft green nightgown. druig closes the door equally as carefully, soft sigh of relief as it shuts quietly.

don't tell me you're sleeping in that

he smirks, lifting his head slightly. "did you want me to sleep naked?"he asks. i shrug, grinning.

not against it, but not in my bed.

he presses his cuff, though his pajamas are significantly less fun, simple dark pants with deep red patterns that when studied hard enough hold messages that say rather interesting things. his shirt has no sleeves, dark and soft as he yawns. "to bed?"he asks, sitting on the blankets.

i've lost my tired.

he groans, falling onto his back and placing a hand over his face. "now, why must this happen so often? i'm starting to think you just don't like me in your room."he says, looking over to me. him in this lighting makes my heart almost stop, i doubt anything can ever beat that feeling. any envy that i've held for the humans is long forgotten as i remember that most humans never find true love during their lifetime. for some it takes three lives to find someone that can treat them as druig does me. and that is truly agonizing.

come on, let's go.

i hate this too, how i don't have any amazing ideas until the depths of the night and the earliest hours of the morning. and of course i could go through with these ideas alone but it's always more fun to drag druig along. with a loud, dragged out sigh he gets up, blowing out the candle as we tiptoe through the halls, hands lining the wall as his hand falls over my mouth to put a pause on the laughter that so desperately wants to escape. we're almost out, door in view when the sound of a bag opening turns our heads.

kingo is sitting in the darkness, watching something that only his eyes can seem to see as he pushes a snack into his mouth, not even noticing us. we don't focus too long, taking our chance to make a successful secret escape. barefoot, we run across the dirt until we feel sand against our skin, the wind hitting me strong as i hear the light shaking of water. the sky is dark though through the light of the stars and the moon it is just bright enough that i can see my hands in front of my face and the stones that are against the water line.

"you are out of your mind, you know that?"he asks in the gentlest voice, clothes shedded onto the ground, leaving him in boxers and a bracelet still present on his wrist. i simply hum as my dress is consumed by the current, taking me with it as the water is as high as my hips, so cold that it stings my skin in a way that calms me.

i suppose the shaky breath i let out gives the temperature away, making him take a step back as he watches. but as long as i live he will know no peace. the water dragging him in involuntarily, though the currents that carry him are warmer as he finds himself flailing his arms as if that will do anything.

i am out of my mind.

he finally is able to stand, pushing me back with a grin. to amuse him, i let myself fall into the water, the sound of the waves like music to my ears. it doesn't take long for druig to worry, hands dipping under the surface and pulling me up. "not funny, not one bit."he says, though the slight laugh sneaking into his voice tells me otherwise as he pushes the wet mop that is my hair back. at this moment of weakness i tackle him, an audible oomph coming from him before he falls under, though he stand right up.

my hands float freely in the water, little shards of magic begin to carry the faint glow that they always seem to hold for me, creating a large pool of light around us. the expression carved into his face resembles that of a human, mouth turning upwards in a smile that he fights so hard, his hands moving as he watches the tiny bits of magic glide over his palms and tickling his skin. "remind me again, why did i come out here?"he asks.

it's funny, how much this night reminds me of one of the last we spent near the latibule, swimming in the river before we slept in the hammocks, removing our blankets and books from the treetops, all of which still remain inside my closet, waiting to be brought back to life in a new place.

because you love me.

"that i do."he replies, making his way back to the shore. "and i love sleep, now let's get out before you get hypothermia."both of us know that's not possible, both because of our eternal status and the fact that i cannot be victim to the elements violence. but i go anyways, satisfied once my limbs are almost numb, though by my command the water could become as warm as my bed and my limbs could become back to normal, i like the slight disorientation. and i love the feeling of getting under the covers while freezing cold.

we share our nonexistent warmth as we head back to the domo, my tired growing back as i begin to drag my feet, much to druigs pleasure. his arm comes under my knees, other supporting my head as he scoops me up like nothing, cocky grin on his face as he carries me through the doors, my fingertips dragging the moisture from his clothes and mine until we are both dry and cold. he tosses me onto the bed with ease, falling next to me as we get under the covers.

"i wish my bed was as comfortable as this."he murmurs into my shoulder, eyes closed as sleep easily conquers his body. i grumble in response, eyes closing as my body regains its warmth. "iloveyou..."he mutters, body going limp as he spends his final moments of the night with his mind awake.

A/N: i don't think you understand. i'm obsessed. ALSO SCHOOL HAS BEEN CANCELED WHICH MEANS I CAN SHIFT TONIGHT WITH NO WORRIES AND GO SEE HIM!!! i'm very excited if you couldn't tell. xoxo-H.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 5.1K 32
"We are Infinite." In which a powerful, unloved girl finds purpose in the hands of beings greater than infinity. "She believed she could, and so sh...
351K 16.4K 17
"𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞." "𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐡𝐞�...
106K 2.6K 18
After centuries, they were now knocking on the door she tried so hard to close. "She used to be their light, but the darkness they never wanted arriv...
7.8K 127 10
"𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥, 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐀𝐫𝐢" "𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐮" "𝐎𝐤, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭�...