Royals

By jenni_forever

Ava Clarke finds out about the history of her family and the secret held from her. She learns about her true... More

Shadows & things that Screech!
The Revealing
Acceptance is the key
Crystals
How about that Element?
Thinking out Loud
Learning Control
Dancing with Demons and Ex-girlfriend's
An interrupted Kiss.
Can We All Just Get Along!
The Market
Feelings
On Edge
A letter from above and a dream from below.
Hunter's POV
So Ridiculous!
Unmasked
I shouldn't have done that!
Making Amends๏ฟผ
That's Odd?
The Impossible
What's with all the Questions?
An Enchanted Surprise!
All Eyes on Me
What is Iudiciis?
Rumble in the Hall.
A little bit of conjuring with a touch of enchantment.
Remember to breathe
Every Part Of You
Conflicting thoughts
Avalon
A Room Filled with Memories.
I can get used to this!
The Revealing.

Wendy's Advice

3 1 0
By jenni_forever

The next day I wake up with a lot of regrets. I kissed HUNTER! Oh my god! What the hell is wrong with me? I cover my head with the blanket  I am not going to get out of the bed. How can I ever show my face to him again. I made a complete fool out of myself. I just broke up with Kai and I run into the arms of another man seconds later that's not the kind of girl I am. Am I wrong for feeling guilty? I feel like I cheated on Kai. I'm a total mess, I did things last night without thinking of the consequences. Ugh! I hate myself right now. I am going to stay in bed until I am fifty, hopefully by then I will not feel all this shame.

Knock knock!

I hear two knocks at my door and I stay quiet. I am not in the mood to speak to Kai or Hunter today. Therefore, I am going to stay quiet just in case it was one of them.

"Sweetie, are you awake?"

Questions aunt Wendy while opening the door and poking her head into my room.

I close my eyes acting like I am sleeping. Mind you, my head is still under the covers so I just did that for no reason. I feel Wendy sit at the foot of my bed.

"So, that bad, huh?"

She questions me. That fact that she knows there's something wrong sends red flags. Can everyone else tell?

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Yeah, I've been there before. I have made many mistakes going up."

I wasn't sure were she was trying to go with this. What did she know exactly? Did Tatum tell her about last night? Or was she spying on Hunter and I? Both are equally embarrassing. But I rather Wendy know than Lily.

"I don't think your mistakes equal to mine."

I hear Wendy huff.

"Ava, sweetie, I was most likely worst than you."

"Doubt it."

"I too was madly in love with a guardian."

My eyes shot open the covers flew off and I sit up.

"I am not in love with Hunter."

I stated.

"Oh, so that little display of affection I saw last night was two trying to give some CPR?"

She snorts jokingly.

I hold back my laugher with an eye roll.

"You're not funny."

"Oh, you can't even say that with a serious face."

"Wendy, seriously. I did a lot of things I shouldn't have last night."

"Like come home with the wrong boy?"

She questions my relationship with Kai without directly ask me about it.

"Ahhh, I kind of broke up with Kai, last night."

"Oh thank god."

"Wait, what?"

"I only said that because no one can say you cheated that's all."

"Oh, hey! Aunt Wendy! You're not helping."

I said throwing myself back onto my pillow.

"How isn't that not helping it's not like you're a two timer."

I laugh at her old phrase.

I get back up and sit Indian style on the bed.

"Okay, I am going to explain it all to you and then you tell me how wrong I am."

"Okay."

She replies adjusting herself so she can be more comfortable on my bed. I started off from the beginning. I told her about Ginger and how she has always treated me. I told her the incident with her and Kai at the party and how Tatum and myself reacted. I explained to her how I still hit Ginger even after Hunter told me not to. I confessed to her that I took alcoholic beverages because I was angry. I told to her the ongoing back and forth feelings Hunter and I have shared since elementary school for one another and how I reacted on those feelings twice because I just can't make up my mind nowadays.

"Wow! That's a a lot."

"See I told you. I am a lost cause."

"No, I was definitely wayyyy worst than you."

"Really?"

"Yes, I got you beat by like a thousand."

"So, what should I do?"

"Well, you're a teenager life is going to get messy. Especially, with two hot guys pining over you. However, that thing with Ginger, she had that coming. But the way you went about it was wrong. You should have addressed how you felt to Kai. As for Hunter, well you know where I am going to go with that one right?"

"Yes, we can't be more than friends."

"Unfortunately, that relationship can't be nothing more than just that. I see the why he looks at you. But a guardian out of all the species can not mix with others they will get stripped of their powers and left on this realm lost with no memories of their prior life."

"That's horrible. I didn't know that could happen. Why would Hunter even kiss me back knowing this?"

"Because people tend to do stupid things for the one that they love."

My heartbreaks for Hunter knowing this new information. He risked everything that he lives for just to have one moment of happiness with me. I felt so selfish to have even given in to my drunken feelings.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Wendy questions.

"Yeah, sure go for it."

"Out of Kai and Hunter who do you care for more? Like, boyfriend material wise?"

I stop to think. I never really tried to decided on that before. I always tired to deny I had no more feeling for Hunter. But spending so much time with him just makes things hard for me. I get confused on whether it is because I have feelings for him or I just like his company. Either way, I can't react like I did last night anymore. As for Kai, I am still trying to figure out whether we are more than just really good friends. Why has the universe put two amazing guys like them in my path? I think it wants to put me through hell.

"Kai, he is great. He is funny and honest. I love our friendship. But I am still trying to get in the grove of being a girlfriend to him instead of just a friend. It's complicated."

"And Hunter?"

"Hunter, he always surprises me. I never know what he is going to do or say. He is noble and humble. And I always feel safe when he is around. At times those feelings scare me."

"Why is that."

"Because, I have felt lost in my life and I don't want to feel secured and then lose that security."

Wendy smiles with her eyes.

"Everything we'll be okay, Hun."

"What should I do in the mean time?"

"In the mean time you should speak to those two boys and make amends. And stop kissing them if you don't want to be with them. Scratch that. Don't kiss Hunter at all."

I laugh.

"Okay, I got it. Lips are not for Guardians, geez."

She gets up from my bed and leans in planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, Ava"

"I love you too, aunt Wendy."

"Hey, Aunt Wendy."

I call out to her before she leaves the room.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Thank you."

A smile that could reach the heavens appears across her face.

"Anytime."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 53 36
After the events in the previous book, sixteen-year-old Maddie Mason now must deal with the aftermath. Now embracing her family secret, Maddie Mason...
19.2K 598 43
Happening sometime after Camp Jupiter and Half-Blood Hill unite. Percy and Annabeth are finally looking forward to peace and quiet. They've had a h...
419K 9.7K 19
Seventeen year old Celia Travers has always had a normal, boring life. There's always been the typical high school drama that has never really concer...
75.8K 2.2K 22
Cassie Blake was a witch with 6 others. They have been through a lot and things were slowly getting better. Jake and Faye were together, Diana was...