evolve// 5SOS

بواسطة 5sosxruel

With Gabi and Luke being practically inseparable, they really were 'like father like daughter'. They'd always... المزيد

evolve
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
SEQUEL
gabi-verse

12

2.1K 75 15
بواسطة 5sosxruel

Luke

"So you had a good day?"

"Yeah,"

"Who went to the coffee shop?"

"Maddox, Maja, and Julian,"

"Nice," I said, sitting on the end of Gabi's bed, "I'm glad you had a good day. How are you feeling?"

"Shit,"

"I can tell. Why don't you stay off tomorrow?"

She nodded and I sighed out of relief, because I'd been so worried ever since she came home looking all red faced and flustered.

"I will do my work online,"

"If you can manage it, yeah. We should get the results back soon, Calum booked us an appointment on Monday,"

"Okay,"

"I'll let you go to sleep,"

"I love you,"

She held me tightly as I hugged her, so I crouched down and rested on her chest, letting her hold me. Sometimes she just liked to have me there.

"Can I come to your work?"

"Why don't you stay here in your own bed? I would prefer you to,"

"Okay. Don't wake me up then,"

"I won't. Sleep well,"

I tucked her in and then shut her bedroom door, getting into the shower before my own bed.

I heard Gabi snoring (as much as she complained about me, she did it too) so I picked up my phone and called Sierra, grinning when she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Is now an okay time?"

"It's always an okay time to call you," she said- I could hear her beautiful smile in her voice.

"Have you had a good day? I barely saw you,"

"I don't think I sat down once, I'm shattered. What about you? How have you been?"

"I was in the lab again, and Gabi went out for a drink with some friends so I think she's had a good day too. Cal came over,"

"I'm glad you're both okay,"

"I'm so desperate for you to meet her,"

"It's not long now. Does she have a partner?"

"No... I think I have put her off. Ah, I don't know, teenagers are confusing,"

"They are indeed. You sound really tired, don't let me keep you,"

"Yeah, I am sleeping in a moment but I wanted to call you before I slept to remind you that I think you're very beautiful, and that I love you,"

"I love you too. I will see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah. Goodnight,"

"Sleep well,"

I put my phone on the side and curled under my covers, relieved to hear Gabi still sleeping. I considered staying off with her tomorrow to look after her, but realised she was both old enough, and responsible enough, to stay alone.

I always felt like she would need me, but had to remind myself that though we cuddled a lot, she only really felt she needed me when she was scared.

Plus there was always this sense of freedom as a kid to have the house to yourself.

In the morning, I woke up and checked my phone, then got into my scrubs and went downstairs to get breakfast. Gabi wasn't awake, so I left her a note and made both of us some lunch, then I ate breakfast as I walked round getting my shoes on and bag packed.

Once I had freshened up, I got my car keys and double checked she was still sleeping, before heading off to work.

Ash was in the staff lounge when I arrived, and he poured me a coffee while I hung my bag up.

"How are you doing?"

"Good. Gabi slept through the night as far as I can tell, and she's having the day off which she needs. That reminds me I need to ring into school,"

"I'll see you at lunch then mate,"

"Have a good day,"

"I've got a surgery,"

"Go you!"

He grinned and took himself out of the room, snapping into his confident walk as he left.

I turned to the mirror to sort my hair out, then jumped as I saw Sierra in the reflection, her hands wrapping round my body.

"Your hair looks good already,"

"You scared me so much,"

"Do I look scary?"

"You look beautiful,"

I turned round and looked down, kissing her; I thought it would be a quick one, but she pushed me slightly against the wall and cupped my cheeks, so I grabbed her waist and helped her balance since she was on her tiptoes.

"Oh my- again? Why am I cursed?,"

"Calum," I said, pulling away, "Good morning,"

"Mhm. It is a good morning for you,"

"Hey Cal,"

Sierra seemed proud of herself which made me laugh. She found positivity in everything, and I genuinely believed I had become a better person.

"What do you mean again?"

"Nothing. I don't wanna talk about this,"

"We are adults!"

"Luke, find a better place to kiss,"

"She started it,"

"Sierra, find a better place to kiss,"

We grinned at each other and then put on our pagers, heading separate ways for the day.

I took a couple of interns round with me for some consultations, then sent them off so that I could head for the lab for a bit.

Not long later, my page went off, so I went down to the ward, smiling at the woman in the bed.

"Good morning!"

"It's afternoon now,"

"It is?"

"Just,"

"Well then good afternoon,"

"Oh good, you're here,"

Sierra walked into the room and sanitised her hands, so I did too, looking at her with intrigue.

"Can you look over these labs for me? I need someone to give me the go on this surgery,"

"Bullshit," I whispered, taking them from her, "How are you feeling Cady?"

"I've been better,"

"Yeah, stupid question to ask in a hospital really, isn't it? The good news is, your labs look perfect for surgery,"

"Amazzinnngggg," Sierra sung, "I will get the team to prep you right now,"

"That's such a relief. Dr Deaton has been very persistent about you checking the labs,"

"Well I can assure you they're perfect for your surgery. I hope you have a good recovery!"

I followed Sierra out and scoffed, a smug look on her face.

"You know, I was in the lab,"

"I missed you,"

"You're so hard to be mad at. Are we getting lunch?"

"Yeah, I have about an hour before surgery,"

"Great. I just need to check Gabi is okay,"

"I'll go ahead and get us food," she said, taking my ID, "Meet in the staff lounge?"

"My office,"

"Okay, I'll see you in a moment,"

I headed to the lounge and grabbed my bag, taking it to my office since I hadn't had time to get there this morning. Ash and Mike had seemed to, as their things were in here already, and Calum was also now in here with his lunch.

"Just gonna check on Gabi,"

"I just got off the phone with her. She wants you to call,"

"Is she okay?"

"Yes, but she sounds a bit flustered,"

I frowned and picked up my phone, calling her immediately. She answered pretty fast.

"Hey darling, is everything okay?"

"I'm okay, but I accidentally smashed some plates,"

"Is it all cleaned up?"

"No,"

"Okay. Put some shoes on and sweep up all the big bits, then just give the floor a good hoover and I will mop it once I'm home. We can replace plates, it's all good,"

"Okay,"

"How did you manage that huh?"

"I feel really dizzy,"

"You feel dizzy?" I said, Calum's head turning, "Have you eaten breakfast?"

"I took all my medicine,"

"Right. Grab something from the cupboard to snack on and go and lay on the sofa. After I have eaten my lunch, I will come home and sort everything out,"

"Okay,"

"I love you. Call me immediately if you start to feel worse,"

"Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"I really... I really don't feel good,"

Just as I was about to speak, I heard a bang on the floor- when I got no response, I grabbed my car keys and pulled Calum off the sofa, tugging him behind as I sprinted through the hospital.

Gabi was the only thought on my mind.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

88.3K 2.1K 36
Calum had always dreamt of the perfect family. Unfortunately, dreams often don't come true.
80K 2.9K 56
Parents always say they don't have favourites. Well, most of the time anyway. In some situations it was painfully obvious, like in Maya's. As the yo...
23.8M 161K 162
preferences by me on tumblr ( HIGHEST RANKING: fanfiction #10 ) ( cover template by @estreIIas ) ( warning: these were made back in 2014-2016 and i m...
13.9K 1K 49
BOOK SIX IN GABI-VERSE calum focussed Charlie was no stranger to...being a stranger. That's kind of what happened when you moved around so often. N...