evolve// 5SOS

By 5sosxruel

With Gabi and Luke being practically inseparable, they really were 'like father like daughter'. They'd always... More

evolve
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
SEQUEL
gabi-verse

11

2.1K 63 11
By 5sosxruel

Gabi

"Can we go to the other coffee shop?"

"It's harder to park there,"

"Please?"

"Fine,"

I drove to the other coffee shop and parked outside, Maddox happily leaving the car now we were at this one instead.

When we got inside, she gave me her bag to take to the table while she ordered. She was being pretty persistent about things all of a sudden, but I put it down to nerves and found us a table.

Not long after, she slipped into the seat opposite me and rested her chin on her hand; her hair fell infront of her face and I tucked it behind her ear.

"Did I drive okay?"

"You drive better than Henry, that's for sure,"

"Most people can,"

"True. Would you drive somewhere far?"

"If I had to I guess,"

"I was thinking maybe we could go somewhere for your birthday. Or near, I don't know what your dad is doing, but maybe we could stay somewhere for a weekend,"

"Yeah... that sounds nice. Can we wait until after my blood test results come back though?" I mumbled, looking down, "Just incase,"

"Yeah, of course. Is something wrong?"

"I don't know. I might be more sick,"

"What?"

"Yeah. Dad thinks that,"-

I was interrupted by a waitress putting drinks infront of us, Maddox having a latte, while I had a hot chocolate.

On the top in whipped cream was 'gf?' which Maddox leant over to look at, then giggled and sat back down, chewing her lip.

"This is why we came here?"

"Maybe,"

"You're so cute. I would love to be your girlfriend,"

"Well thank fuck,"

"Do you think it's weird we planned this?"

"Nah... well probably, but if we are both happy that's all that matters,"

"I feel like a giddy child,"

"You look like one," she said, "You look like you've just been told you're going to Disneyland,"

"Well I get to go around calling you my girlfriend. Same level of happiness,"

She took my hand across the table and held it as we spoke.

There was this energy around Maddox that bounced off her like a ray of sunshine and I had always been drawn towards her.

I believed I was my best when I was around her, and she was my safe space for sure.

We could talk about anything and everything, but silence worked just as well. I guessed deep down I had always known I wanted this, even before I even understood that I liked girls.

I never told dad, he just kind of rolled with it and probably knew before me anyway. I was really bad at shutting up about celebrity crushes.

"What does your dad think? About the blood tests?"

"Just that my medication will change,"

"Oh. Okay,"

"Yeah,"

I looked down at my drink and chewed the inside of my cheek, fearing I had ruined the moment.

But Maddox saved it, or ruined it equally as much as me.

"Would you rather fight nine pigeon sized sheep, or nine sheep sized pigeons?"

"Obviously pigeon sized sheep,"

"To be be honest, I made that up and it sounded shit, didn't it?"

"Just a little bit,"

"You're not meant to agree!"

"You're nervous talking,"

She looked down and stirred her drink, then did a little nod.

"Don't be nervous, nothing has changed except we have a solid excuse to hang out and our friends won't think it's suspicious,"

"I mean, it does change things though. Now we would have a breakup,"

"It's been 5 minutes and we are already talking about a breakup," I laughed, "Mads, chill. Nothing from me had changed, I meant, because we already acted that way,"

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry,"

"Why don't we go and drive somewhere?"

I finished my drink and then pulled her up, taking her back to the car. Then, I took us down a small side street and parked again, before reaching across to kiss her.

She didn't hold back.

Her hand laid on my waist and mine cupped her cheek, both of us holding each other up with the other.

Kissing her felt so fucking amazing.

"I feel like Henry and April,"

"Don't compare us to that," I said, catching my breath, "We're classier, hardly anyone is down here,"

She rested her forehead on mine and smiled, then kissed me again, putting her hand at the top of my thigh instead.

After a few moments, we stopped, sitting back in our seats, but I could tell things had changed. She wasn't nervous anymore, which was good because I thought she was going to break this off already.

"Now I feel like the giddy one," she said, "I get to call you mine,"

"See!"

"We should probably take me back now,"

"Yeah... okay,"

"I enjoyed our date,"

"Me too,"

I drove her back to school, then went back home to find Calum's car outside, so I parked beside it and grabbed my bag, heading inside.

I found him and dad on the sofa, both of them lifting their arm for me to cuddle them; I hugged Calum, then sat beside dad.

"Hey sweetheart, have you had a good day?"

"Yeah, I went to a coffee shop. I had hot chocolate,"

"Did you eat anything?"

"No,"

"Alright, I'll make tea soon,"

"I'm tired,"

"Please try and stay awake so you sleep tonight,"

"Maybe,"

"Please,"

"Why is Calum here?"

"I invited him for tea, is that okay?"

"Yeah,"

"You look all flustered," he said, feeling my forehead, "Your ponytail is falling out. Are you sure you're okay? Did something happen?"

"I'm fine, dad. It was probably just from maths, I was twisting it round to concentrate,"

"Okay, I will make tea,"

He kissed my head then left, so I shuffled up to Calum and cuddled him instead, his hand tracing circles on my shoulder.

"I think your dad should've asked did someone happen," he murmured, "You might wanna try making out in a bedroom,"

"What are you talking about?"

"I went to grab some cakes for us, I know that side street is good for parking too,"

"Have you mentioned it?" I hissed.

"Of course not... who was it?"

"Maddox. She's my girlfriend, I'm telling dad on Saturday,"

"Saturday?" he choked, making dad look at us, "Don't you wanna tell him now? It's big news,"

"No. Mads is staying over and leaving on Saturday, then dad will have a good impression,"

"What are you two whispering about?" Dad said.

"If you were meant to know, you'd know," Calum called back.

"You better not tell him,"

"I won't,"

"Good. Now erase it from your memory,"

He pretended to pull it out his head and threw it across the room, then hugged me tightly and sighed.

"When did you get all grown up ay? I don't like it. Not one bit,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.9K 46
Kaykay was a stranger. Well, not a stranger, but she practically was. She'd left 13 years ago, leaving Isabelle alone with their parents. And they...
32.1K 1.1K 29
PREQUEL TO SERENDIPITY A new home meant a new identity was possible. New friends, new clothes, hell even a new name. You had to expect the unexpecte...
116K 1.4K 26
"Sweetie can you hear me?" A faded voice spoke making me groan from pain and meet his brown eyes. "Where's Scott?" I asked. "And dad?" "They're gonna...
132K 6.5K 27
Calum was an only child and liked it that way. His dad walked out on him when he turned 14 leaving him and his mom all alone and completely heartbrok...