The Mafia's Secret [COMPLETE]

By misss_taurusss

If the mafia was a person you'd call it, Louis Valentino. He's a cruel and heartless mafia boss but a GOD in... More

The Job
The Dilemma
The Seduction
The Confrontation
The Betrayal
The Message
The Offer
The Secret
The Dinner
The Bal Masque
The Role Play
The New Owner
The Man In Black
The Fight
The Call
The Assault
The Punishment
The Visit
The Elevator
The Meeting
The Verge
The Article
The Truth
The Best Friend
The Past
The Daddy's Girl
The Brunch
The City Lights
The Master Plan
The Lack Of Remorse
The Last Breath
The Deal
The Surprise
The Trip Down Memory Lane
The Traitor
The Time Left
The End Of Me
The Best Part

The Road Ahead Of Me

4.4K 132 26
By misss_taurusss

Sorry for the late update. I hope you guys enjoy this one.❤❤

Here we go!

Louis' POV...

"I have cancer." Joan blurted out and I searched her face for a sign that she was lying.

"What?" I asked and she started crying.

"It's terminal." She said and her voice cracked slightly.

"What do you mean it's terminal?" I asked and her shoulders slumped.

"I'm dying." She cried in her hands and I frowned deeply.

"No you're not. We'll get the best doctors in the world. I can fix this." I told her but she shook her head at me.

"The treatments will help but it won't remove the cancer." She replied silently and my eyes widened at her words.

"So you just gave up? Without even telling me? You just accepted it?" I asked her and she just looked at me with red eyes.

"I'm in pain, Louis. I don't wanna feel like this anymore." She cried sadly.

"You're selfish, Joan." I said before getting out of bed.

"Louis don't leave." She cried after me. But I ignored her and left the room.

I grabbed my keys from off the counter and started driving down the street.

I don't know where I'm going, I just need to get away.

I rolled my windows down and allowed the wind to blow in my face. I stepped on the break and stopped on the side of the road.

I grabbed a cigarette from my glove compartment and lit it up. I placed the burning cigarette between my lips before taking a long drag from it.

Why would she keep this from me? How could she? I deserved to know. I should have a say in the matter.

What about our future?

I can't lose her.

I started crying silently, until I started sobbing. I placed my hand against my forehead while my other hand rested on the steering wheel.

This isn't how it's supposed to be, I just got her back.

I removed my hand from my forehead and placed the cigarette between my lips once more. I filled my lungs with smoke before I slumped into my seat and punched the steering wheel.

I turned the key in the ignition and started speeding down the road.

Fuck everything else.

I don't care anymore.

Fuck life for being unfair.

I drove down to his house and shot two of the men guarding his property. I opened the gates before hopping back into my car and driving through them.

I got out and walked straight up to his house. I opened the door and he turned around to face me. His eyes went wide in shock when he saw that it was me.

"Hello father." I seethed through my teeth.

"Louis?" Vincenzo asked and I glared at him with a scowl on my face.

I pulled my gun out and pointed it at his head. Cara screamed when she realised what was happening.

"Oh hello, aunt Cara." I said blankly and she placed a hand against her chest.

"What are you doing here?" Vincenzo asked and I raised a single eyebrow at him.

"I'm here to end your pathetic life." I seethed through my teeth.

"If this is about me and your aunt then I'm sorry, son." He said and I frowned at him.

"So you do remember me?"

"Of course I do. You're my first child. Listen, Louis your mother is a great woman but I couldn't help the way that I felt about Cara." He explained.

"This isn't about my mom or you fucking two sisters and getting them both pregnant." I replied bluntly and Cara's face paled.

"This is about you and me." I said angrily.

"I'm sorry, Louis. I failed you as a father, but you were better off without me anyway." He said and I laughed in his face.

"I didn't need you, I'm talking about the fact that you killed every single person that actually cared about me. Deliberately." I said while looking him in the eye.

"Your grandfather wasn't a good person." He explained and I glared at him. "He turned me into the monster I am today. I helped you in ways that you can't imagine." He said in an apologetic tone.

Just as I was about to shoot him the doorbell rang. I gestured for Cara to go see who it was.

"Joan?" She asked when the door opened. She pulled her into a tight hug and I frowned at them.

"What's going on?" Joan asked when she pulled back from Cara.

Her eyes fell on me and Vincenzo so she covered her mouth with her hands. She came running towards us and stood in front of Vincenzo.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me and my jaw clenched.

"I could ask you the same question." I replied blankly.

"They're my friends." She said and I carefully looked at her. Then it all suddenly made sense.

"You betrayed me." I said under my breath in realisation.

"Vincenzo is Louis's father and I'm his mother's sister." Cara explained to Joan whose eyes widened in shock.

"What?" She asked in a breath and I pushed her out of the way before shooting Vincenzo in his abdominal area.

"No!"

I ignored their screams and went outside. I heard footsteps following me so I turned around in a swift movement. I pushed her against a wall and she sucked in a deep breath.

"Why, Joan?" I asked loudly and she briefly closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She replied softly. "I'm so sorry." She repeated before placing her hands on my cheeks.

"Don't." I said before pulling back from her.

"Louis look at me." She demanded and so I looked at her. "I'm sorry." She said before kissing me. My hands slowly snaked around her waist as I started kissing her back.

"Let's go." She said softly before walking ahead of me. I followed her and we drove home in our separate cars.

On our way home I saw the police and an ambulance driving past me. Must be for Vincenzo. I pushed the anger to the back of my head and focused on the road ahead of me.

I can't be mad at Joan for not wanting to tell me, it's her choice. Losing her just won't make sense to me.

How am I supposed to just accept that I'll never see her again? Or that she won't be around anymore. Things will never be the same again. Not if she's gone.

I parked in my garage and went over to her car. I opened her door for her before watching her in adoration.

She slowly got out of the car.

When she stood in front of me I placed my hands on her cheeks before kissing her slowly.

I wish I could take her pain away.

I gently picked her up into my arms and carried her into the house. She placed her face in the crook of my neck as we went upstairs.

She's as light as a feather.

I placed her on the bed and adjusted her pillow. She frowned at me before running her fingers through her beautiful long curls.

"Don't pity me." She said with a dreadful look on her face. "Make me feel normal. Like old times." She said slowly.

"Dolcezza-" I started.

"Please, Louis. Let me just have this one thing. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I'm still the same Joan." She explained and I gulped the lump in my throat down.

"Would you like some bourbon?" I asked to avoid the subject and she nodded because she knew what I was doing.

"Can I have ice with mine?" She asked and I smiled before I went outside. I dribbled downstairs and grabbed a small bucket of ice from the fridge before heading back upstairs.

When I walked through the door the bucket fell out of my hands.

"Mom!" I yelled when I saw Joan's shaking body. She gripped the sheets in between her fists as her back arched from off the bed. I went over to her and noticed that her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

"Joan, stay with me." I told her in a panicked voice.

My mom came into my room and her eyes widened when she saw Joan.

"What happened?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I think she's having a seizure." I said quickly.

"Get her downstairs! I'll drive." My mom said before pulling her nightgown on and running downstairs.

I carefully picked Joan up into my arms before dribbling downstairs. I didn't care to close the door behind me, I just jumped into my car.

My mom sped down to the hospital.

Joan seemed to have calmed down so I gently brushed her hair. She weakly laid in my arms. She tried to keep her eyes open for a long while but they eventually fell shut.

"Drive mom!" I yelled and my mom stepped on the gas before we turned into the hospital's parking lot.

"We're here." My mom said in a breath. I threw the door open and went into the hospital. A few doctors came rushing towards us, I placed Joan on a gurney and they rushed away with her. I stopped one of the doctors and he frowned at me.

"What's happening to her?" I asked him with a frown on my forehead.

"She's going under cardiac arrest." He said before running down the hallway. I sat on the ground with my back against the wall. I cried in my hands as I thought of the worst that could happen.

I felt my mom sitting down next to me, her arms slowly wrapped around my body. I gave into her hug and allowed her to rub my back.

"It's going to be okay." She whispered into my ear.

"I got you." She said before placing a kiss on the side of my head.

What did you guys think about this chapter? Let me know in the comment section. ❤❤

Tomorrow I'm publishing the last chapter of The Mafia's Secret. 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 3.4K 43
"Don't start something you can't finish Tesoro" with his deep Italian voice while walking up to me and putting his hands on my small waist "And why...
356K 5.6K 52
❦"𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 #𝟏"❦ • 𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 works as a stripper at club LUX after she escaped from her father, Valentine Ros...
22.6M 791K 66
Book Two in the I Am Not A Prostitute series. Warning: Mature Audiences Only!! -Strong Sexual Content -R-rated language -Adult situation #1 in Fict...
553K 19.5K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...