~♡° || Love is Beautiful

By At_Eventide

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" "...Yes. But don't you think the sunset's beautiful, too?" "I do." ". . ."... More

|| Welcome!! ||
~|| Chapter 1 ||~
~|| Chapter 2 ||~
~|| Chapter 3 ||~
~|| Chapter 4 ||~
~|| Chapter 5 ||~
|| Chapter 6 ||
|| Chapter 8 ||
|| Chapter 7 ||
|| Chapter 9 ||
|| Chapter 10 ||
|| Chapter 11 ||
|| Chapter 12 ||
|| Chapter 13 ||
|| Chapter 14 ||
|| Chapter 15 ||
|| Chapter 16 ||
|| Chapter 17 ||
|| Chapter 18 ||
|| Chapter 19 ||
|| Special Chapter ||
|| Chapter 20 ||
|| Chapter 21 ||
|| Chapter 22 ||
|| Chapter 23 ||
|| Chapter 25 ||
|| Chapter 26 ||
|| Chapter 27 ||
|| Chapter 28 ||
|| Chapter 29 ||
|| Chapter 30 ||
|| Mini Comic✌🏻 ||
|| Chapter 31 ||
|| Chapter 32 ||
|| Chapter 33 ||
|| Chapter 34 ||
|| Chapter 35 ||

|| Chapter 24 ||

406 19 9
By At_Eventide

The exams are closing in. It was just two weeks away. Indo and Malay were flipping through books and notebooks,cramming topics that they already studied before.

Vietnam was getting nervous,too. But he had Pipa sit on his lap and stroke her head,which calmed him down.

Even Philip was anxious. He was listening to music,trying to drown away his worries.

But they weren't the only ones who was nervous for their exams. Sr. Lander had created panic. His students told the other students about their exam,and that's when it all started.

The news arrived to the ears of the principal. So now,Soviet's trying to find a way to calm his students down.

Russia's trying to help,too...Well,he's only trying to help Philip. He came to visit the Filipino,and is now sitting beside Philip,who is currently in misery.

"Calm down,Phil. I'm sure everything will turn out good."Russia soothed.

"Easy for you to say. I'm sure YOU'LL pass."Philip grumbled.

"You will,too. Trust me."Russia said,patting the Pinoy's back.

"Wooow!I could REALLY use that comfort right now."Malay sarcastically remarked.

Philip only rolled his eyes at his friend. He flipped them off before falling back on his bed beside Russia.

The Russian stroked Philip's hair,which calmed down the latter. Indo,Malay and Vietnam would usually tease their friend about it,but they're to busy freaking out.

Russia stared out into the room. It was quiet,except for the sound of pages being turned and the fast breathing of Pipa.

"Hey,listen. I'll let you all in a secret."Russia said.

This was enough to catch everyone's attention. They all turned their heads towards the principal's son.

"I heard dad's planning on a trip."Russia told in a low voice that was loud enough to be heard.

"What kind of trip?"Indo asked,intrigued.

"...Do you guys like camping?"

The gang gasped. The three hurried over to Philip's bed,where the Filipino sat with Russia to make sure they heard correctly.

"What about camping?"Indo questioned,his eyes were sparkling.

"Well,dad said he got a call from a friend of his."Russia began.

"Uh-huh,uh-huh,then what?"

"Apparently,this friend of his is opening up a new camping grounds."Russia continued."He called dad to see if he's interested in sending the students over to the grounds. And at the end,the students will answer a survey to see what they think of the place."

"What's that for?"Philip asked.

"The camping grounds aren't officially open yet. Dad's friend wants to here a few comments to see if there are things that needs to be fixed."Russia explained.

"Whoo-hoo!"Indo cheered."We're going to camping!"

"Uh-uh. Don't get your hopes up yet."Russia cut off."Dad told me and my siblings about this. But he said he needs time to think about it."

A sad chorus of "aww" echoed around the dorm. Russia could only smile. Philip laughed at his friends' reactions,but felt bad for them,too.

"Maybe Russia can convince Mr. USSR."Philip jokingly said.

"Can't you,Russia?"Vietnam whined,and Pipa followed with a whimper.

"There's FOUR of us trying to convince him."Russia reassured."If dad decides to agree,he'll announce it later on."

Groans came out of the three,making Philip giggle and Russia once again smiles. That seemed to calm down the four though. And Russia's happy about that.

----------- -----------

The auditorium was filled with curious students who were eager to find out what the assemblies about.

Philip and his friends were excited. They may be wrong,but it may be about the camping thing. Indo and Malay are crossing their fingers.

Once everyone settled down,chatting was brewing in the room. Russia's father stepped forward on the podium.

"Attention,students. I have a special announcement."Soviet began.

Vietnam covered his mouth to keep him from squealing. He and the other three looked at each other,asking: is this it?Is it about THAT?

"I received a call from a friend of mine. I was given the honour to send my students to one of his camping grounds before it's first opening."

Gasps filled the room. Everyone was quiet. They sat on the edge of their seats,ready to hear what's next.

"I'm happy to say that you all will be spending a week there..."

Cheering roared in the auditorium. They celebrated the new announcement. Finally. Something that'll take their minds off from the exams.

The principal coughed,and everyone stopped and sat back down. Soviet sent a few disappointed glares before continuing.

"Now...I expect you all to behave on this trip."the principal said."But have fun. For those who are interested in joining,you can sign up on the paper that we'll hang later on the announcement board outside the auditorium."

Everyone left the room after it finished. They all talked excitedly about the trip. A few students checked the board outside the auditorium,and a sheet was already posted.

The students hurried over and pushed each other. Indo,Mal,Vietnam and Philip stayed behind to wait for the students to clear.

Eventually,things calmed down. The students lessened until all that was left were unsure students who were still thinking of joining.

Philip,Indo,Malay and Vietnam wrote their names on the paper. The Filipino was watching Indo sign up when a gentle tap on his shoulder caused him to look back.

Lily looked up at the slightly taller male with a happy grin. She fiddled with her skirt,and her cheeks were red.

"Hello,Philip!Are you going to join on the trip?"Lily asked.

"Yeah!What about you?"Philip retorted.

"Yup!I'm excited. I get to spend a week with you guys."Lily giggled.

After Indo finished,Malay stepped up to take his turn. But Lily beat him to it. She shoved him away and quickly wrote her name.

"There!"she exclaimed with a proud look.

"Hey!What was that for?!"Malay shouted.

He dusted himself and was about to stand up to Lily. But when he locked eyes with her,he froze. Malay's expression darkened and stepped back.

Lily looked up at Philip,who was confused,smiled at him,then left skipping away.

"What was that?"Indo asked.

"...N-Nothing."the Malaysian stammered.

He took a pen and wrote his name in a messy handwriting. Not like Malaysia. And all his friends noticed.

"Hey,are you good?"Vietnam asked.

"...Yeah,I'm fine."Malay replied.

He took a deep breath and returned to his original self. Vietnam reluctantly followed and put his name up on the paper.

The four walked along the hallways with Malay up front. Philip,Indo and Vietnam glanced each other,silently agreeing that there's something wrong.

----------- -----------

Everyone was packed. The next,they'll leave for the camping grounds at dawn. That means having to sleep early.

So everyone got an early dinner. Back at Dorm 4-D,Indo was watching TV. Vietnam was finishing up an activity before going to bed. Malay was getting a snack before sleeping.

"Indo!Turn that off. We're supposed to sleep early."Malay scolded.

"Just one more episode!"Indo promised.

"You said that 4 episodes ago."Malay said."Give me that!"

"Hey!"Indo exclaimed as he tried to grab the remote that Malay snatched.

The Malaysian quickly shut off the TV,making Indo whine. So that meant having to drag him to the bedroom,where Vietnam and Philip was.

"Vi,you done?"Mal asked as he hauled Indo inside.

"Yup!Ready to sleep."Vietnam nodded.

"Phil. Get off your phone. We need to sleep early."Malay told.

"Got it,MOM."Philip teased.

But just as he was about to close his phone,it started ringing. The name "Kuya No. 1" flashed on display on his screen. Philip slipped out of bed before excusing himself.

"Hello?Kuya?"Philip asked as he held the phone to his ear.

"Philip?Hey!How are you?"a cheery voice asked from the other line.

"I'm fine. Why are you calling?Is something wrong?"Philip questioned,leaning back on the wall outside his dorm.

"Nope. Just a heads-up. Me and Marshmello will be visiting tomorrow night."Greg began to tell.

A short pause ensued. Philip heard a thud from the other line,followed by cursing in Filipino,and a familiar line of "don't call me Marshmello".

"Sorry 'bout that. Anyways,like I was saying,me and MARTIAL,will be visiting tomorrow night."Greg repeated,emphasizing his brother's name in hopes that he won't get hit with another pillow.

Philip recalled what his older brother just said. If they're arriving tomorrow night,who's gonna pick them up?The Filipino will be leaving the next morning.

"I was wondering if you could come pick us up at the airport by then."

Of course. Philip exhaled through his nose before massaging his temples. Still,his brothers want to see him.

Make a decision,Philip: stay in school,or leave your brothers in someone else's care. The Filipino pondered for a bit.

"I don't drive....But I can look for someone who does."Philip said.

"Cool!Message me when you got a ride."Greg replied."We'll see you soon,Pip!"

The older sibling hangs up. Philip only chose to stay with his brothers in school is because he can't possibly survive a week in camp without thinking about his brothers and imagining how disappointed they'd be.

Philip sighed before walked back inside his dorm. Malay was waiting with Indo peeking from the bedroom.

"Done now?Can we sleep now?"Malay asked with hands on his hips.

"You guys can go ahead."Philip told with a tired smile."I won't be leaving for the trip."

"What?!"Indo shouted.

A thud came from the other room,along with the shuffling of sheets. Vietnam stumbled out,looking at Philip in disbelief.

"You're NOT coming with us?"Vietnam questioned.

"Sorry,guys. My brothers are coming tomorrow."the Filipino reasoned."Can't leave them hanging."

"What about US,Phil?"Indo asked.

"I'm sorry."Philip repeated.

The other three stared at their friend with wide eyes. Mal recovered first. He sighed and shook his head.

"Okay. I understand. Family first."Malay murmured."But you've already signed up. What're you gonna do about that?"

"I'm hoping Mr. USSR's office is still open."Philip told.

"So you're gonna bolt it?"Indo tilted his head,and Philip nodded.

"Okay. In that case,we'll go to sleep. Good night,Philip."Malaysia said.

"Good night!"

After dropping off his phone on the table,he ran to the office. He panted as he slowed down. Light shone from inside the room.

Philip walked in and burst into Soviet's office,where he was talking with Russia. They both looked at the Pinoy.

"Philip?Do you need something?"the principal asked.

"Mr. Soviet. Unfortunately,I have some business to take care of tomorrow,so I won't be able to join the trip."Philip briefly explained.

"What?"Russia whispered.

"I'm sorry. I won't be able to come with the others. Is it alright to stay here?"Philip asked.

Russia looked back and forth at Philip and his father,who looked at each other. Soviet let out a sigh and flipped through papers.

"Well,yes. You CAN stay here. I can remove your name in the registration paper."Soviet told."Are you sure you want that?"

"Yes!"Philip answered with no second thoughts.

"Very well. You won't be coming with the rest for the trip."Soviet nodded.

The Filipino left the office and sighed. Now that that's settled,he'll need someone to drive him to the airport. OR,he could ride a taxi.

Philip returned to his dorm,and slept soundly in the dark.

----------- -----------

Philip waved goodbye to his friends,who boarded the bus. The sun was rising,and it was time to leave. The Filipino,of course,had to stay behind.

"Philip!Philip!Let's sit together on the bus."Lily called from behind.

"...Sorry,Lily. I'm not coming with you."Philip apologized.

"What?!"Lily shouted in disbelief."W-Well,I'll stay-"

"Lily!Come on!Let's go!"Sr. Lander called out.

The teacher dragged Lily onto the bus. Philip waved goodbye as the buses drove away. Soon,the Filipino was alone in the parking lot.

"Now all I have to do now is find a ride."Phil mumbled.

"Did you say you needed a ride?"Russia asked from behind.

"Russia?!"Philip exclaimed in shock."What are YOU still doing here?"

"Oh. I'm not going camping."Russia shrugged.

"...Really?"Philip asked,still surprised and doubtful.

"Yeah...I wasn't able to sign up in time."Russia chuckled nervously.

"Liar. I saw your name when I went to sign up."Philip sternly said.

"...Okay,okay,you caught me. I DID sign up."Russia admitted."It's just that I felt bad. You know,you don't get to enjoy the camp like the others."

Russia was half-telling the truth and half-lying. He DID feel bad,and what he said was true. But it was also an excuse to be with Philip.

So he asked his father to remove him from the list,too. With that,Russia's staying put with the Filipino.

"Anyways...About earlier."Russia coughed.

"Oh,right. Since you won't be going,is it alright to get a ride?Tonight?"Philip asked.

"Sure. I'll ask dad. By the way,why're you staying,again?"Russia questioned.

"Well,my brothers had the AUDACITY to visit me tonight."Philip sighed."I can't just leave them here."

"I see. Where will we be headed to tonight?"Russia said.

"Dayton Airport."Philip replied.

"Alright. I'll go see dad and ask."Russia told.

"Thanks again,Roo."

"No problem,Phil."

----------- -----------

It was dark. The buildings and skyscrapers lights were on,showcasing a spectacular sight.

Russia and Philip sat in the car that raced through the highway leading to the airport. There was silence in the car,and only the roar of the engine could be heard.

They pulled up in the parking lot,and Philip rushed out. He'll admit,he may be irritated at his brothers for making him miss the trip,but he's excited to see them. Russia had to run after him.

Philip looked up at a screen that hung above him. It displayed the arrivals and departures of planes. One caught Philip's attention.

It had his home city's name on it. He looked at the gate and scanned the huge terminal.

"BUNSOOOOO!"

The Filipino,and Russia,who was behind him,turned to see who called. Then they saw two figures walking towards them.

One wore a long trench coat and a beanie with a red scarf. The other had a black leather jacket,and his scarf wasn't even tied. It just hung around his neck.

"Yo!Bunso!"the taller one called again.

"Kuya Greg!"

Philip ran over to his brother and tackled him with a hug. He hugged his other brother while Russia chased after Phil.

"'Sup!You must be Philip's friend."Greg greeted the Russian.

"Yeah. I'm Russia,nice to meet you."Russia introduced himself.

"This here is Martial. Say 'hi'."Gregorio nudged his brother.

"Shut up."

"Nice to meet you."Russia said anyways.

"Do you guys have your things?We can leave now."Philip spoke up.

"Yup!We're ready to go."

----------- -----------

Martial flopped onto Indo's bed. Greg was lying down on Mal's. Philip was on his own bed. He figured it'd be fine to let his siblings use his friends' bed.

As long as they stay clear from Pipa and Vietnam's things,it'll be fine. The two will only be staying for three days.

Philip sighed. His brothers didn't look like they'd sleep anytime soon. Both were busy on their phones,still wearing the outfit they wore when they arrived.

Philip's head felt light. The Filipino's eyelids were heavy. He decided to just leave his brothers to do whatever they wanted. He's just gonna take a long,long nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|| 2665 words ||
A

♡~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 175 40
Hey everyone! Most probably you'll skip reading this, but yes. This is bassically an upgrade for my old book. Thanks for reading. Mostly no gay. Requ...
49.8K 766 25
As stated above. this is a Countryhumans x Reader story. Unfortunately for male readers, my stories sre targeted towards females. It is really uncomf...
7.1K 594 19
«𝚁𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚊 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛» "𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙, 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡?" !Warning! • This is a male country x female reader. • T...
188 6 1
A man and his friends set off to leave the "safety" of their homeland with the goal of finding a missing fragment of themselves-perhaps even having s...