Amazing Grace

Per thatchristiangirlx

★ ★ ★#1 Spirituality 16/02/2022 #1 Yahweh 22/02/2022 #1 Non Believer 5/03/2022 #1 Christian Romance 7/03/2022... Més

Author Note
Dedication
Chapter 1 [Lost and scared]
Chapter 2 [New church coming to town]
Chapter 3 [Working in the line of Fire]
Chapter 4 [You will never be him]
Chapter 5 [How i met your mother]
Chapter 6 [Co worker from Hell]
Chapter 7 [No fear in perfect Love]
Chapter 8 [Eleazar]
Chapter 9 [Just like your father]
Chapter 10 [The name of the Lord is a strong tower...]
Chapter 11 [Protected by the most high]
Chapter 12 [ 3 strikes, your out!]
Chapter 13 [New beginnings]
Chapter 14 [The 3 commandments]
Chapter 15 [ Let me in!]
Chapter 16 [Temple of Grace Church]
Chapter 17 [Religious trauma]
Chapter 18 [Angels.]
Chapter 19 [Heres the deal...]
Chapter 20 [Thus says the lord]
Chapter 21 [Lunch time confessions]
Chapter 23 [ Pastor says...]
Chapter 24 [Forgive thy neighbour]
Chapter 25 [Tell the truth]
Chapter 26 [Lessons]
Author note!
Chapter 27 [Driving me wild]
Chapter 28 [The Garden of Eden]
Chapter 29 [The storm shall pass]
Chapter 30 [Just friends]
Chapter 31 [For she's not a jolly Good Fellow..]
Chapter 32 [Ace of Spades]
Chapter 33 [the morning after ]
Chapter 34 [Sow the seed]
Chapter 35 [ Snatch them out of the Fire]
Chapter 36 [Born Again]
Chapter 37 [My brothers Keeper]
Chapter 38 [I love you Aaliyah Johnson]
Chapter 39 [Where is he?!]
Chapter 40 (Final Chapter) [Like a thief in the night]
Author Note
How sweet the sound..
!DISCLAIMER PLEASE READ IN FULL!

Chapter 22 [I am not ashamed of the Gospel]

1.5K 161 154
Per thatchristiangirlx

Psalm 31:24
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!"

Maleek

Its been about a week since ive done that interview on the real and damn am i facing the consequences of it. Ever since the episode aired i have lost Almost 15 members from the gym.

I had someone burst into my office the Yesterday and call me a homophobe before he yelled that he was leaving. I feel horrible that people are offended but i need to stand behind the word of God.

I just hope the big man has got something set up for me because im losing a hell of a lot of money because of this. I run a hand over my waves and say a quick prayer...

"God, you gotta do something about this. I stood on your word, please let this work for my benefit. You on my side right? Please let something be in store for me. In Jesus name" I say out loud

"Amen." I hear a light reply come from a familiar voice, I open my eyes and see Aaliyah in front of me, she is all smiles, despite the work situation. Thats what i can appreciate about her, she actually has learned a lot about not grumbling or mumbling about things anymore, i think she is understanding how to have more faith in God.

She sits down on the seat in front of me, ready and eager to do work. Another thing i love about her... Like, i mean, Love? I dont even know... But i admire how much of a hard worker she is, thats a big turn on.

I glance at her beautiful skin and glowing melanin, her brown eyes and long lashes, her gorgeous Kinky hair and her and pink lips. I bite my bottom lip then shake the thoughts out of my head when i realize what just overtook me.

  Jesus,jesus,jesus,jesus...

"Atleast Someone's in a good mood today...." I told her while removing my head from my laptop where it was lodged and moved my glasses down my face a little bit.

"Why wouldnt i be?" She wonders while sitting on the seat in front of me. "Well with the backlash of that interview and losing some members and all i thought that you would be feeling a type of way but its great your not!" I say, proud of her progress, My smile was as wide as possible, which i realized only happened with her.

"Actually i did something.." My face twisted into a cluster of confusion.

"You did something?" I asked her while closing my laptop screen a bit.

"Okay, i didnt want you to be too happy and im surprised you didnt see it already but.." She walks up behind me where im seated and points to my laptop. I raised an eyebrow at her and then shook my head at her.

"Rule number 1 Aaliyah, remember?"

"What the heck are you hiding on that laptop, every time i see you in this office you have your head stuck in that laptop." She puts her hands on her hips and squints her eyes at me, but that pure smile is still on her face and i cant help but stare at it for a while. Why do i want to pull her down to me right now and just hold her....

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus..

She smells amazing, like lavender. She is doing this on purpose! I know it, how mean of her. My head is gone right now especially when i realise how much i want her.. What am i even saying?

"Maleek!" Her hand is waving in front of my face as she yells my name. I am quickly brought back into the real world.

"I apologize, please show me what you did.."

"Wow.. please? You apologize? who is this man, Maleek is this still you? If you need help blink twice." She said while poking my shoulder.

"Either show me or get out so i can work." I said sternly, getting more impatient.

"Ah! there he is." She quickly snatches my laptop and i grab it back, closing the tabs with speed. This laptop is private, i dont need anybody in my business. She grabs it back while giving me a weird look and searches up a video on youtube.

What the heck is this crazy girl about to show me? I watch her face as she is typing,her intoxicating scent takes up all the space in front of me i take a subtle whiff of it and my eyes almost close with pleasure. My eyes then fall to her's.

Those big brown eyes are lighting up with excitement as she bites her lip to contain herself, God, you did good with her. I examine her face again and see her forehead... God how did you know my weakness? Its something about girls with big foreheads that makes me fold.

"Aaliyah.." I say lightly.

"hmm?" She said while still typing. She was leaning on the table an inch beside me.

"Aaliyah.." I said again, waiting for her stubborn self to look at me.

"Hmm?" She said again

"I'm not saying that again."

Her dimple pops out at she looks back at me. Yes. This is what i wanted.

Her face is in my direction but her eyes are looking everywhere but at me. I can see her start to blush which makes me chuckle. She tries to turn her head back but i use my two index fingers to turn her back to me.

"Maleek.." She says while her face tries to escape again. she seems so excited to show me this thing.. I let her go back to the video, even though her face is the only view i want to see right now.

"Okay here! You are going to love me for this..." I smile as i turn my head to the screen and see a video of her. Perfect.

"Hey everybody! Its aaliyah Johnson here.." I looked up to her face that was bouncing with joy.

"So i know you guys may have seen the recent interview, Maleek Davis did on the real talking about His opinions on homosexuality..." My smile sorted faded into a confused and distorted look.

"Well i as his personal assistant wanted to just apologize for what he said and who he offended..."

My confused look then turned into a scowl.

"He really wasnt doing as well at the time of that interview and so he just said anything out of emotion... But i can guarantee you he didnt mean any of his comments so please do-" I paused the video and looked at Aaliyah with the most disapproving angry look on my face. I watched as her smile disappeared and changed to a frown. What in the hell is wrong with this woman!

When will she realize that i trust that God has my back! Im getting sick and damn tired of babysitting this grown woman. I stand up and pace around the room for a few seconds trying not to implode.

"Whats wrong, members were leaving so i made a smart business move and-"

"A smart business move?! Have you lost your damn mind?!" I exclaim as i bang my hand against the wall in front of me. She flinches and her eyes open wide with fear. I can hear her breath picking up and i try to calm myself down..

"s-sorry.." I force myself to say.

I take a deep breath out and try to regain my mind, this disrespect is something i cant stand! I can see why her dad- No thats not fair to say

"Explain. Now."

"No please?-"

"Aaliyah!" I say louder to her. She straightens herself up in the seat and says

"Well since your comment offended a lot of people i assumed that i co-" I put my hand in the air and she stopped talking immediately.

"Maleek, why are you-"

"Mr Davis." I said seriously, i could see her eyes fill with regret as she looked away from me.

"Mr davis... I dont understand why you are so mad right now, all i did was try to save you."

"Save me? Save me?! Just because you are ashamed of the word of God that doesnt mean i am the same." Her eyes scowled at me as she stands up from her seat and walks up to me. I look down at her as i tower over her figure.

"Watch your damn mouth Mr Davis! I have been trying so hard in my faith and you know that. I have done things i would have never done before and given up things i never would have considered before. Dont you dare tell me im ashamed of something that i have given up my whole life for!" Her voice gets to a loudness that i never thought i would hear before.

I can hear some working out in the gym stop using the machines as her yelling mutes the gym.

"You still had NO right to go back on my word for me. No right at all, if i felt like what i said was against God, then i would go back and apologise myself, i dont need you to do that for me." I say in an intimidating voice.

Aaliyah says she has been getting closer to God but i cant see a major change in her, she still has a serious attitude, she is still rude and still aggressive, i want nothing but for her to become a new woman but i dont know how to deal with her anymore.

We promised each other that we would help out with our faiths, she has helped me express my loving side, its been evident but with her... i feel like ive let her down, she hasnt changed at all. Im gonna pray for her tonight, i know that whatever is impossible for man is more than possible for God.

"Whats going on in here?" April comes rushing into the office. We both whip our heads in her direction and i can tell she can feel the tension.

"Why dont you ask Mr Davis?" Aaliyah says in an angered tone. April looks at me with confusion painting her face.

"Dont even, april. Just go. Please.." April's face twists into even more distort as she hears my new found manners, but she nods and leaves the room.

"Well, since i obviously cant do anything right to you then why don't i just leave too?" Aaliyah exclaimed while turning away from me and getting ready to storm out.

She grabs her stuff and speed walks to the door, it only takes me 3 steps to reach there and just as she goes to open up the door and opens it. I quickly put my hand above her head and push the door closed.

"Your not going anywhere until you fix this Aaliyah.." I say as her body is pushed up on mine at against the door. We stay like that for a few seconds, neither one of us wanting to fold. Then i remember what the bible said about adultery and i quickly back away from her lavender embrace and shake myself off.

"Fix this." I say sternly while pointing to the seat in front of my table. She looks at me with a blank look, how the roles have reversed. I raise an eyebrow and take a step away from the table for her to get in.

She lets out a silent groan and walked over to the seat in front of my table. I take my seat behind my desk and laptop, quickly turning the laptop towards her.

"Delete this now." I say while clicking my finger at her. I hate being like this to her but i need her to understand im not the type of man to let someone disrespect me and get away with it...

Her blank look now has turned to embarrassment as she signs into her account and deletes the video.. 1.5 million views. 1.5 Million damn views! I try to contain myself, whipping the laptop back in her direction. The room is quiet

"I want out." She said while standing up and getting her things once again.

"You want out? Of what?" I stayed sitting down and keeping my composure this time.. she ignored me as she walked to the door.

"Aaliyah!" I yelled. Her body turned straight to me.

"Of this! I dont want to be in this stupid one sided Christian deal with you anymore. I constantly help you learn how to show love and you cant even return the favour, then you get mad when i try and help you? Im done with this, Lets just go back to you being an asshole of a boss and me being your assistant that is forced against my will to work with an arrogant man like you!" She shouted while storming out of the room and slamming the door behind her.

I slammed my hand down on the table in frustration and let out a loud grunt. I let her down. She trusted me with one thing, one thing and i let her down. Worst of all, i let God down. I may have just lost him a soul. My head is clouded with self doubt and judgment. I look in my drawer too find my keys and see my bible, i look it hard for a second and push it to the side and grab my Keys.

I know exactly where i need to go.

*

Hey Everybody! What i would say we can take from this chapter, is how Christianity and a journey with Christ doesn't happen overnight! Aaliyah said she wanted to come to God and still finds it hard to surrender everything to God. Be patient! Its called A journey and not a trip for a reason. This will take time but just know that God will always make all things beautiful in HIS time. How patient are you willing to be?

Please comment and Vote :)

God Bless :)

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

332K 11K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...
29.5K 1K 16
🥉Third Place in short story - Platinum Awards 2020🥉 🌟🌟I do not own rights to images on the cover or the song lyrics in the book. All rights go to...
4.1K 265 33
"AREN'T YOU TALKING TOO MUCH, YOU B**CH? IS THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE SO PROUD TO BE HIS STRENGTH?" He shouted getting away from me while I looked at him...
Clueless Per maii_006

Literatura romàntica

4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...