Maybe This Time

By jadeycaneee

Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N liv... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
BOOK 2

Chapter 42

3.7K 117 104
By jadeycaneee

Y/N's POV

It's been a week since our wedding. We take both of our last names, James helps us with the legal actions, and replace Olivia's surname with her new one. Olivia Johansson-Y/L/N.

The three are sad since they didn't witness our wedding. Robbie and Lizzie are already engaged. As our gift, the wedding they planned that suppose to be ours, we give it fo them. We let them change the theme on what they choose to their liking.

Scarlett is the maid of honor and I am the best man. Olivia will be the flower girl. I have had the best times of my life and im so grateful for every second of it.

"Olivia put your shoes on and wait in the living room!" I shout to my eldest who is lazy as me. Shes already dressed and ready to go but this kid decides to sleep on the carpet of her room. "5 more minutes!" She shouts. "We will leave you here if you don't get up!" I shouted back. "Alright im going!" She said loud enough and make her way to the living room.

"You ready darling?" I asked and help her to put her coat on. "What do you think this little one's gender?" She asked. "I don't have a specific type, just that child grow healthy and love, that's more important to me," I said.

We're going for her daily check-up with Addie. She's already in her third trimester. 7 months pregnant, we can now find out what's the gender of our baby. But we will host a gender reveal. The three organizers of our ship insist that. For memories, they said.

"Mama and mommy come on!" Olivia called us. "We already have one cockblock and growing one. Oh God, have mercy for next months" I dramatically said. Scarlett smacks my shoulder and laughs. "We're coming!" She shouted. "Sure you did" I joke or maybe not. "Y/N!" She warned and pinch my side, I hiss on that. "You're so violent, woman" I complain.

"And so?" She said intently looking at me in the eyes. I held her chin gently but with force to look face me. "Of course, I love it, especially when you leave a few scratches in my back, a sign that I fuck you so good, am I right my so sweet pretty baby?" Her breathing got heavier by my few words knowing her body so well. Add to the fact that she's ten times hornier because of her hormones.

"Am I making you horny, darling?" I whisper lustfully as my hands made their way to her back. One smooth stroke and she arched her back, leaning her body to my front and a soft moan escape her lips as I grab her bouncy ass.

"Sorry but I have to leave you here like that, we have an appointment," I said and wink at her then run for my life.

"Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N- JOHANSSON GET YOUR ASS BACK IN HERE YOU SNITCH!" she shouted. Olivia look at me worried and confused. "Mama what did you do?!" She said and run with me. I shrugged my shoulder and laugh.

"Mama you're dead," she said and run to the car. "Olivia I thought you're going to help me!" I shouted looking at her in the betrayed face. "You can do that alone, mama. I want to get some ice cream and live" she said and closed the door.

I gulp when I saw her out of the house, holding her bag. I get it and smile nervously. "You're gonna regret what did you just do, love" she whispered to my ears. "Better pay that later tonight or you won't get lucky for a month" she added, placing her hands on my abs playing along with my clothes. I shudder at her touch. "Okay, my sweet baby," I said smiling at her.

We get into the car, Olivia teasing me on how im scared that her mom going to kill me. Scarlett laughs at my face who's defeated. "I thought you're on my side, Olivia. I'm so betrayed right now" I said and fake cry.

"You're a big crying baby, mama," she said and smile at her mom. Scarlett agreed and I gasped. "You young lady wake up and choose violence," I told her earning a laugh from her.

"I can't wait to have my little buddy to be born and we're going to have a team and beat your two butts and we're going to get drunk by drinking milk, going to a movie marathon of some nursery rhymes and cartoon and you two are not invited," I said and looking at them.

I parked the car and get out first and help Scarlett to get out carefully in the car then I get Olivia. She doesn't want to walk, lazy. So I don't have a choice but to carry her.

"Appointment for doctor Addison. Patient name Scarlett Johansson-Y/L/N" I told the nurse with a lazy kid in my arms. She extended her arms making grabby gestures towards the bowl full of candies. I get one lollipop and give it to her.

"You're next ma'am, take a sit and Doctor Addison will call you," she said and I nod. We get back to her and take a sit. "You're next as the nurse said." She nods and leans her head to my shoulder.

"You're cuddling with me now after you called me a big crying baby" I scoff and look at Olivia who's enjoying her lollipop. "It's true though," Scarlett said. "What's up with you two and you're roasting me?" I complain. "We're just showing our love, mama," Olivia said and snuggle close to me, burying her head to my chest. "Wow, what a great love, im so touched," I said in a sarcastic tone.

Scarlett is now laying on the ultrasound bed. Olivia and I are watching at the monitor and my hands are holding Scarlett's hand. "That's the little one," I said and I immediately spot the little human being. "And this one doesn't want you two to the gender" Addie adds. "They used their little legs to hide it"

We heard the heartbeat of the baby and Addie look at me. "You heard that?" She asked and I nod. "Can you move it further and high the volume so I could hear the heartbeat." I request and she did.

"Is that in the high volume?" I asked. She nods and shows me it's already in the one-hundred. "What's going on? Y/N? What's happening?" Scarlett asked and squeeze my hands, "mama?"

"That's a low heartbeat. Below normal. Are you okay, darling? Do you feel something? Like some pain that can cause distress?" I asked while Addie looked for the baby and found the baby's gender.

"I'm good, though my back hurts. But im good. Why is our baby have a low heartbeat?" She asked, "Olivia? Bubs? Can you get your mommy a tumbler on the bag and give it to mama?" I instruct Olivia and she quickly obeyed.

"I want you to relax. Take a deep breath. The baby is still fine though we need to observe more to hear if their heartbeat is getting better. But right now, I want you to stay calm and if you feel something call me right away" I said.

We stay there to observe the little one's heartbeat and thank God it's got better stronger this time. They also move around and Addie already knows the gender. I didn't look, im a peds doctor and I will know it right away with just one look.

Addie prescribes another medication for the baby and Scarlett. She also said to her that she should avoid some stress and start to walk around the house as exercise so it won't get hard for her delivery and labor.

"Thank you, Addie." I thanked and hug her. She handed me a paper bag. "What is that?" I asked. "A gift, dumbass. Congratulations on your secret wedding" she said. "Well thank you" and get the bag.

I get into the car and saw that my eldest are already asleep on her booster. Scarlett is looking at the window. She's worried about the baby. I made my way outside the car and open the door of her seat. I hug her, no words need to be spoken. Just a hug to console her worried heart. Low but audible sobs linger in my ears, making my heart crack waiting for it to fall in the pit of my stomach. "I got you, darling. Our little one will be okay, I promised" I told her, nuzzling her back. "They're going to be okay, right?" She asked. I wipe her tears. "They will. Relax, the baby could feel your sadness. They will be okay"

I drive to mom's house to give Sarah the envelope that has our baby's gender for their planning gender reveal. "I'm going, my girls are already sleepy. You got this?" I asked Sarah. "I got this," she said and hug me. I bid goodbye and run to the car.

The guards help me, I get first Olivia and tuck her to her bed then run to get my sleeping wife to the house. One of the guards parks my car in the garage. I thank him.

I get a new set of clothes for Olivia first and change her so she gets comfortable when sleeping. When I get back to our room, Scarlett is already awake.

"Hi, how do you feel?" I asked and walk towards her. "I'm good now, thank you, love," she said. "Let get you on comfy clothes," I said. "Can you prepare a warm bath, baby?" She asked nicely. "Anything for you" I go to the bathroom and run the warm water to the tub. I get the clothes I prepare for her and put them in the rack.

"Come here, baby. Let me take care of you" I softly said, carrying her to the bathroom. Her legs wrap around my waist, her hands are settled on the back of my neck and her head is on the crook of my neck hiding her face and smelling my scent that makes her calm. I gently place her in the sink. "Can I remove this, baby?" I asked. She nods, "please"

I take off her long dress, tossing them in the laundry basket. My hands made their way to her back, unclipped hed bra, and tossed it with her gown. I bend down to pull off her underwear. Shes all naked in front of me. "You're so beautiful, my love" I sweetly said, kissing her cheeks.

"Am I still beautiful to your eyes?" She asked. "Yes. Always and evermore. You're the most beautiful woman I laid my eyes on. You never fail to make me feel butterflies and make me happy. I love you, baby. I love you and you're so beautiful"

I carry her to the tub and gently placed her to that. She tugged me, her eyes begging me to stay and I did. I remove my clothes and joined her. The air filled with devotion and affection, the lust was set aside.

She moves her body close to me. My hands are on her waist, holding her tummy. She leaned her head to my shoulder. Warmth and sweetness of the soul are so close to one another, perhaps the sun-rays are a kind of sugar to the spirit. What I realize every day is that the heat of the heart is always just right.

The warmth of her eyes is my soul-hearth. Her love to me is the golden sunny rays of summer, the kind that alights upon the skin as heaven's kiss.

In warmth, there is a sense of rising hope as if love was walking through the door. The comforting silence surrounds us, just her and me in our little world.

"I adore this moment we had," she said while her eyes are closed. "I do too, baby," I said, I place my head to the side of her side, kissed the back of her ear down to the side of her neck. She hums in response. "I love you" I mumbled against her skin.

"Mhm. I love you too" she responds. We are born for love, to give, and to receive this innate kind of warmth, this sense of home that lights our inner hearts.

I pour an exact amount of shampoo into my palm and put it on Scarlett's hair, massaging her scalp. Serving her with anything she wants. Her hums encouraged me to continue.

I rinse her hair gently. And I proceeded to clean her body. I'm serving my wife and this is the job I never get tired of doing. It's just us against the world and ill never let them win and tear us apart.

"Sleep well, baby. Good night. I love you every second of my life, I love you today, tomorrow, and the future. I love until you let me love you" I said and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too baby. I love you with all my heart and soul. I'm devoted to you and you only. With our babies. Good night, baby." She said. We kissed and seal the night with our love.

----

"Is everything settled?" Sarah asked as she command the people around the house. "The food is ready and the games," Lucas said using the microphone.

The house is full of blue and pink decorations. Mustache and lipstick on the backdrop. Pink and blue balloons on the floor and in the ceiling. Guest wearing that color also.

"Um- the cake is not here but I already called the shop and they are on their way," Hunter said.

People are in our house, our close friends and family are here. I wear a blue shirt and black jeans with 'baby daddy' printed on the back. Then Scarlett wears a pink dress with 'pretty baby mama' on the front of the shirt. Olivia wears 'best big sis' on with on tie-dye shirt.

"Congrats Liz and Robbie," I said and hug both of them "thank you for being the sponsor of the wedding," Liz said. "Your welcome, you two deserve it."

"Okay people gathered around," Lucas said on the mic. "Raise your left hand for girl and right hand or a boy" and they did. They raised their hands.

We all laugh at the sight of Olivia raising both hands. "What so funny?" She asked. "Why you raised your both hands, bubs?" I asked. "Just to be sure," she said and giggled.

"Okay people, while we wait for the cake let's play some games we prepared—"

"People who wear blue be on the right side while the people who wear pink on the left. Imma left cuz girl power!" Lucas said with sass.

All the boys are on the right and all the girls are on the left. Olivia being in between she joined her auntie Sarah in doing the games.

"Here's the mechanics, listen very carefully— this game is called baby name alphabet. Each team has to come up with names on each letter of the alphabet. Easy right? But here's the catch if you're wearing a blue for a boy, you can only use boy names. And if you're wearing pink, you can only use a girl's name to complete the list."

I'm not good at names! Shit. Same.

"Let's begin— boys ready yourself."

"Ladies first," Mackie said with a huff.

"Be a gentleman" brie fired back.

-line up-

Boys:

Y/N, Seb, Mackie, Jeremy, RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Pratt, Hiddleston, Rudd, Cumberbatch, Hunter, Robbie.

Girls:

Scarlett, Liz, Cobie, Brie, Letitia, Natalie, Zoe, Tessa, Gwyneth, Lucas, Sarah, Melanie, Nicole, and Mom.

"Let's start— Y/N you go first, give us a name of a boy that starts with A and to the next person is B until y'all reached the Z. Avoid mistakes"

"Axel," I said.

Seb: Bailey

Mackie: chase

Jeremy: Dilan

RDJ: Elliott

Until the game went on and it repeat to me. This is harder than it seems. You have to think faster since the coward and the timer are pressuring you.

(Im too lazy to write :)

I sit down and watch them play. Cheers and laughter filled the house, Scarlett's smile and giggles make my heart melt at the sight. I don't want to erase that stunning smile written on her face.

A phone ring gets my attention. I excuse myself and go outside so I could hear the caller.

"Hey! Where are you? Is your already landed?" I asked Ellie. We invite her to a gender reveal party since she's also a part of the family. She agreed and I email her the invitation Sarah made. She told me also that she cancel already the errands she hand this day.

"Yup! Im just waiting for my luggage then I'm ready to go. But I have a problem" she said. And I heard from the background a crew talking to her.

"What is it?"

"Can you fetch me here? I mean I could take a cab but I don't know the address of your house and maybe I could get lost if I do that. Im still unfamiliar with this play, you know." she said. I smile and happily agreed.

"Of course, wait for me there. Im on my way" I said.

"Thank you, big sis! You're the best and I can't wait to see Olivia"

Be bid goodbye and I run upstairs to get my keys. "Where are you going?" Scarlett asked. "Im going to fetch Ellie, she's already here," I told her. "Oh, okay go ahead." I kissed her cheeks. Im about to go when Olivia run to me.

"Where you going, mama?" She asked. Like mother like daughter. Clingy koala. I stop and bend down to face her, "Im going to fetch your auntie, Ellie" her face light up. "Can I join? Please!"

"Are you sure? Okay then, tell mommy you'll be with me while I start the car" I instruct her, and she goes to her mom. I open the door of my car and start the engine while I wait for my little girl.

"MAMA, MOMMY AGREED LET'S GO!" Olivia yells while running excitedly. I laugh and scoop her and put her in the booster seat. After I settled her there, I turn back and see Scarlett smiling at us.

"I'll be back, enjoy the kid's gender reveal party they prepare for us," I said and kiss her cheeks.

"Drive safe and come back to me with Olivia and Ellie," she told me and did the same, kissing my cheeks and lips.

"Yes ma'am." With hand salute caused her to giggle. Im about to go but I found myself kissing her again. "God, I never get tired kissing those lips" I mumble. She grabbed me by my collar like she did when she did the first move. "I'll never get tired of you kissing me everywhere"

"MAMA COME ON!" Olivia called me, I chuckled at her being impatient like me. "She's absolutely your kid" Scarlett mumbled. "Our kid, mixed with your moodiness and attitude," I said, I receive a playful smack on my shoulder. 

"Go, Ellie and Olivia are waiting. Drive safely!" She said and I nod giving her a flying kiss. I get into the car and started to drive. Olivia is on the back singing with me on what the radio chooses to play.

Scarlett's POV

I get back inside and wait for my wife and kid with Y/N's sister. I take a sit since I can't stand up that long, I'm carrying a baby and my back hurts.

"Where's Olivia and Y/N?" Liz asked handed me a glass of water. "They fetch Ellie in the airport," I said. She nods and sits down with me. We enjoy the little party. The boys playing like a kid, even have a little immature quarrel because of candies.

An hour passed and Y/N are still not home, they were supposed to be here already since the drive from her to the airport is 20 mins only. She didn't answer my calls or reply to my messages.

"Where are they, sis? The cake is already here" Hunter asked. Im calling her for the nth time and I receive nothing. "She's not answering the call or reply to any of my messages," I told him. People here are also worried and they start to call her too.

She is not like this, she always texts me or calls back. She didn't leave me anxious. "Why are you not answering your damn phone, Y/N," I said to myself. Im worried about them.

"You need to calm down, you're carrying a child. We can handle this" Hunter said and lead me to the living room. But before I could go, a guest accidentally slip the picture frame on the table.

They clean the broken glasses they scattered on the floor. I need to calm down and stop overthinking. I caress my baby bump. "Where is your mother and sister, little one? Im worried about them." I muttered.

Another hour passed and still no Y/N or Olivia in the house. Im going circles around the house, u can't sit still knowing my wife and child other. Maybe it's just traffic? Or they go stopover on something since Olivia is easily hypnotized by food or toys. Yeah, that's it. Calm down, Scarlett they are safe. They will come home.

A knock interrupted me from drowning myself in all the thoughts my mind putting me in. They hurriedly open the door, my hopes go down when the person I expect to see is not the one who's standing on the door.

"Who are you? What do you need?" I asked the man, looking at him up and down, examining his features.

"Are you Y/N's wife?" He asked and showed me Y/N's driver's license. I get it from him and looked at him confused.

"Yes. How did you get this? Where is she?"

"Come with us, we will bring you to her," he said. I step out and red and blue lights terminate my visions.

I can't live without her.

___________

One last chapter remains. It's a wonderful ride, I must say. Stick with me. I won't leave you like that, hanging.

Thank you for a wonderful experience, having y'all read my stories means a lot to me. You keep me going, keeping me alive so I could give you updates. Thank you so much.

See you in the last chapter.
-jade.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.9K 2.8K 31
Book 2 "it's not mama" it's supposed to be a fun night but why does it turn into a nightmare? Why? "Get back here, Olivia! We're not done talking"...
17.6K 457 45
This is Book 2 of the 10 Years Series. It follows on from the characters you would have met in 10 Years. It should be read first to fully understand...
207K 5.4K 65
Where has Scarlett been the past six months? What has she been doing? Who has she been doing? And what about Tommy and Grace. Are they happy in their...
231K 9.1K 54
*Age-gap romance* 16 year-old Scarlett has two goals in life: becoming a concert pianist, and getting the man of her dreams to love her back... desp...