Bound By Blood (YiZhan)

By MKAT_toor

'Eager to get killed' _ Yibo said smirking. 'Not going down without a fight' _ Zhan said smiling. ~~~ Wang... More

[Bound By Blood]
_ 1 _
_ 2 _
_ 3 _
_ 4 _
_ 5 _
_ 6 _
_ 7 _
_ 8 _
_ 9 _
_ 10 _
_ 11 _
_ 12 _
_ 13 _
_ 14 _
_ 15 _
_ 16 _
_ 17 _
_ 18 _
_ 19 _
_ 20 _
_ 21 _
_ 22 _
_ 23 _
_ 24 _
_ 25 _
'Characters'
_ 26 _
_ 27 _
_ 28 _
_ 29 _
_ 30 _
_ 31 _
_ 32 _
_ 33 _
_ 34 _
_ 35 _
_ 36 _
_ 37 _
_ 38 _
_ 39 _
_ 40 _
_ 41 _
_ 42 _
_ 43 _
_ 45 _
_ 46 _
_ 47 _
_ 48 _
_ 49 _
_ 50 _
_ 51 _
_ 52 _
_ 53 _
_ 54 _
_ 55 _

_ 44 _

988 118 33
By MKAT_toor

'Selflessness? Righteousness? Heroic act?... And.... Plain Stupidity have a very thin line in between'

Warning : No proof-reading whatsoever. There might me a ton shit of mistakes. I apologise in advance for hurting your braincells... And Lots of violence and bloody shit... Advance at your own risk

It was way past midnight when Xiao Zhan gained consciousness after throwing that fit. He groaned not being able to move at all. There was a raging pain all over his body and his head was hurting as if it was going to split. He looked up and saw Hao Xuan sleeping on the couch, FanXing was sleeping on his thigh in a navy blue hospital attire with Hao Xuan's jacket messily placed over him.

Xiao Zhan slowly got out of the bed and walked out of the room quietly. He gradually felt the pain returning as the numbing sensation faded away. It felt suffocating in the hospital, the stench of medicine and death made it difficult to breath freely. He quickly went down the elevator into the open area behind the hospital. It was a refreshing area in the hospital premises to give a sense of life to the patients and the people who came with the patients. At night it felt abandoned, alone. It was a private hospital, not many people could afford such a luxury. Xiao Zhan gulped as a feeling of loneliness and a sense of abandonment slowly settled down in the pit of his stomach. There was something about loneliness. It was bitter, very bitter just like a strong liquor but once you get used to it, It's a bliss. He sat down on a bench and looked into the endless darkness of the night. Somehow it was comforting.

He turned to his right as he felt someone taking the seat. He couldn't stop himself from smiling as he saw Hao Xuan.

"Xuan..."

"Em.."

"You said you were scared this time"

"I was"

"I was too. Maybe even more than you... I couldn't imagine something happening to you, A'Xing or anyone because of me..."

Hao Xuan stared at the side profile of the younger. Bursted lips, bruised cheeks and those trailing fingerprints around his throat looked really painful.

"What happened back there? You've never-"

"I know... I don't know what got into me. I couldn't keep my emotions in control. I felt like I was going to explode. I wanted to destroy everything around me. I've never felt this way before. My emotional stability and rationality flew right out the window... If I had seen me like that, I would've surely labelled me as a lunatic"

"You've been bottling up your emotions for way too long. I often wondered why you never talked about your parents. It is a sensitive subject but not something you can't even mention. If you act like that, it can only mean that deep inside you doubt them as well"

"I do... Not only them but myself too... What am I even doing? Striving for a title? Some sort of respect so people would stop calling my parents traitor when deep down, I..., myself don't have a solid belief in them"

"Stop confining yourself to your parents Zhan. You are a human, a whole different person. It does not matter what they did. You don't have to feel accountable or guilty for them"

"I don't know anymore....I don't know anymore"

Hao Xuan gently patted his shoulder in reassurance.

"It's ok, you'll be fine"

"What are we gonna do now?"

"Let's wait... The situation is very messy, we shouldn't make any reckless move"

"Why didn't A'Xing go back? And where is chief?"

"A'Xing stubbornly refused to leave without seeing you and after seeing you, he threw a fit saying he won't leave unless you wake up and tell him to leave."

"Phh-  he said what? Waah that kid.."

"He was hugging the sofa and refused to let go so I didn't kick him out. Chief Zanjin returned with LI Bowen to look through things... And to check the severity of the situation"

"Hao Xuan"

"Hm?"

"I give up"

Hao Xuan frowned and turned completely towards Xiao Zhan.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's give up, let's back away..."

"You are saying this?"

"Yes, I am... My stupid recklessness really is going to cost someone's life... I can't take that burden and live with that guilt."

"And what about the things Director Han said in there? You are just going to-"

"It doesn't matter"

Hao Xuan's frown deepened, this was something Xiao Zhan would never say or even think about.

"What do you propose we do?"

"Find a safe place to move to and stay there until the things cool down. Uncle will be able to arrange this easily-"

"Wait a minute... You are saying we run away? Like, are you serious?"

"I am... Hao Xuan, you... Me, A'Xing, uncle... We are just humans who aren't even capable of protecting ourselves... We can't be a part of these charades of the human-vampire war and conflicts"

Hao Xuan was confused beyond explaination, so he simply nodded and held Xiao Zhan's arm to support him back to the hospital room.

"Yo- you'll give up and back away to safety, right? You have to protect the others too-"

"I think the medicines are taking a toll on your system, we better hurry back... Let's talk about this some other time"

"No, I'm perfectly sane... Promise me you'll-"

"Fine.. Fine, stop bursting your nerves. I'll do anything you say, just shut up and let's go"

"You promised ok! Don't you back out"

"I won't! Geez, you are such a pain in the ass. Should've left you to die there"

"And I should have made a special request to kill you myself"

Hao Xuan rolled his eyes and pinched his arm earning a high-pitched scream.

"You-"

Hao Xuan smiled in satisfaction as Xiao Zhan fumed in anger and withered in pain. The younger was about to clap back when they were startled by the screams coming from the opposite side of the hallway.

"What's happening?"

"Let's go and check-"

Xiao Zhan was about to walk towards the screams but Hao Xuan held him back.

"You go back to the room, I will go and check"

"But-"

"Go back... Now"

Zhan nodded and limped back to his room quickly. He was about to wake FanXing up when the door was opened and two doctors along with three male wardens entered the room. Xiao Zhan quickly pulled Hao Xuan's jacket over FanXing and turned around.

"Yes?"

The doctors exchanged a nervous glance before one of them asked Xiao Zhan to lie back down so they could check his vitals. The officer simply nodded and moved towards the bed followed by one of the doctors. He grabbed the corner of the blanket and glanced over at the nervous staff. He turned around and immediately threw the blanket over the doctors head and held him in a neck lock with one arm. His other hand was pressed against his side that was still aching as he grunted because of the doctor's protest. As he saw the rest of the staff panic and rush towards him. He grabbed a bottle of medicine from the side table and smashed it against the corner. He held the bloodied, broken and sharpened bottle against the doctor's neck who was still struggling in his hold.

"Stop right there!"

FanXing was awake by the noise and sprang up seeing the situation.

"Zhan Ge!"

"A'Xing! Go get Hao Xuan!"

"How can I leave you here with these people? And you are bleeding!"

Zhan noticed that he was indeed bleeding but ignored it.

"Go get Hao Xuan quickly! Go!"

FanXing left reluctantly. Xiao Zhan grunted as his vision went blury for a microsecond. He immediately tumbled down to the floor along with the doctor. Seeing the opportunity, the other staff members rushed forward but stopped a few steps away seeing Xiao Zhan glaring at them with the broken bottle still pressed against the doctors neck.

"Who?"

He said in a strained voice as the black spot kept appearing and disappearing. The image in his eyes was all hazzy as well.

"Who!!"

"The military" The doctor in his hold spoke up in fear.

'Fuck! They are moving faster than I had expected. Shit! Shit!'

"What were the orders?"

"They are going to ambush the hospital grounds if we don't hand you over to them.... And they ordered us to get rid of anyone who gets in the way"

"Get rid?... You-  what did you do!! WHAT DID YOU D-"

"The injections-"

Xiao Zhan remembered that Hao Xuan and FanXing were given the injections.. He cursed under his breath.

"What was in the injections!"

"..."

"Tell me or I will not hesitate to slash the throats of you bastards!!"

"It was a heavy drug with slow positioning effect. It must be taking effect by now... The antidote is with me!"

"Give it to me!"

He harshly grabbed the small bottles and took unopened injections from the tray lying on the floor. He assessed the situation in the room before striking his elbow on the doctor's head. He immediately tumbled to the side, falling unconscious. The four men immediately rushed towards him to restrain him but failed hopelessly. He jumped over the bed, kicking one of the male wardens in the process. He crashed into the other warden falling towards the glass table in the centre of the room. Xiao Zhan grabbed the flower vase from the other bedside table and smashed it over the head of the other male warden sending him to the ground. He panted heavily standing over the unconscious guy and started walking towards the door. There was a small reflective slit in the door that reflected the image of the other doctor running after him with an injection in his hand. Xiao Zhan turned around and moved to the side and kicked the man harshly causing the doctor to smash into the door. He went into a fit of cough before spitting a good amount of blood. He wiped the blood from the sleeve of his hospital attire before walking out of the room.

He wobbled towards the direction where Hao Xuan had rushed to.. He staggered a few times. He turned around to see if anyone was following him, but the hallway was dead silent just like the ones in the horror movies. He cringed at the thought of a jump-scare. His eyes travelled down to the white floor covered in bloody footprints, sending chills down his spine. But he regained his composure after discovering that the blood is his. He looked down at his bare-feet covered in blood, a few shards of glass protruding his feet as he winced in pain. The Hospital uniform was also covered in blood. He continued walking down the hallway and finally found Hao Xuan and FanXing unconscious near the end of the empty hallway. It was really bizarre that no one was around. He sat down on the floor near them and pulled out the injections and small bottles from his pocket. He started filling the injections with his shaking and bloody hands. He was about to inject Hao Xuan when the later grabbed his hand tightly, stopping his movements completely.

"Wh-"

"It's me. Xuan-ah let me"

Hao Xuan loosened the grip but refused to let go of his wrist.

Xiao Zhan moved over to FanXing but Hao Xuan was still holding his wrist.

"Let go. I have to get to A'Xing"

"N-no, you'll run away.. I w-won't"

"Don't be childish! Let go Hao Xuan"

"I said no! You will run away like the dumb bitch you are!"

"Ugh! We don't have time You Bastard! They'll be here any minute no-"

"And so will be your Uncle"

"Fuck! Wang Hao Xuan!" Zhan dragged him along not being able to argue with him anymore. He sighed in relief after giving FanXing the antidote.

"Hao Xuan..."

"..."

"Xuan-ah?.."

"..."

"A'Xuan??"

"..."

"Xiao Xuan!"

"What! And don't call me that! Who's Little? I'm not!"

"Good Gracious! Fuck! You are still alive. I thought you died holding my hand"

"I actually don't mind dying that way"

Zhan smacked Hao Xuan's forehead.

"You disrespectful bitch!"

"Nobody's dying ok... And you... You are most definitely not dying"

"Zhan, don't run away without me... Don't leave without me..."

"Don't be scared... It will all be over soon"

"I don't care! Just don't run away all by yourself"

"Someone's coming... Come on, I have to move you and FanXing to somewhere safe"

"It might be your Uncle"

"Or it might be the militarily"

"Why are you so pessimistic?"

"What good thing made you fucking optimistic! Huh? You are anticipating something good to happen...Good anticipation is never part of the game Hao Xuan"

Xiao Zhan said supporting Hao Xuan up and grabbing FanXing's arm.
"Aah our little Xiao Zhan has grown up huh..."

"Shut up"

He started moving towards the nearest room while dragging FanXing on the floor and pretty much carrying Hao Xuan who was latching onto his shoulder. He opened the door and pushed Hao Xuan in with FanXing. It was a record room. He immediately pulled his hand out of Hao Xuan's hold and walked out of the room. By the time Hao Xuan gained slight consciousness, Xiao Zhan was out. He rushed towards the door and peeked out of the see through hole.

"Xiao Zhan! Xiao Zhan!"

"I'm here! I'm here! Not dead yet"

He said standing up. He was holding a long metal piece and a broken rubber band. Hao Xuan looked down at the door and tried opening it.

"What the fuck did you do!? Open the door!"

"Stop screaming, they'll hear you... I lied"

"What-"

"I lied when I said I'll back away. I lied about running away with you.. You will run away.. I'll stay back"

"Don't be ridiculous!! Open the damn door! What the fuck are you going on about!"

"Hao Xuan, they'll kill you if I stayed"

"Zhan! Zh-Zhan listen to me huh.... It's not your fault. We don't blame you.. A'Xing doesn't blame you. I don't blame you. We don't expect you to fight anyone for our sake.. You are hearing what I am saying right? Right!"

He said slamming the door in a panic as Xiao Zhan stepped back.

"I know, it's not about the blame anymore Xuan. They are ordered to kill anyone who tries to help me... Anyone who wants to help me will be killed, Hao Xuan. I can't live with that much burden and guilt"

"And what about us! Don't be stupid!! Please! PLEASE!"

"I won't die! I'll come back. I promise"

"You never keep your promises! You are a liar Xiao Zhan! A liar!"

Xiao Zhan's eyes wavered as he saw Hao Xuan breaking down. His hand automatically moved toward the door handle but stopped as he heard loud footsteps.

"I' will keep the promise. I'll come back and I'll let you strangle me to death-"

"Zhan... Don't. Don't. Please.... Please... No"

Hao Xuan desperately held onto the doorknob and shook it violently. He'd never been this desperate in his life, the fear was drying the blood in his veins. The last time Xiao Zhan left, he was almost killed. Not again... Not again... He had promised himself... Not Again.

"Hao Xuan, get down"

"No... Noo"

"Get down! You are not alone"

Hao Xuan turned to look at FanXing and his eyes teared up knowing there's no way out of this situation. If they are seen with Zhan, they'll be killed instantly and if he let's Zhan go, the later will be taken by them and he's 101% sure they don't intend to keep him alive.

"Zha-"

Both of them flinched at the sound of loud gunshots. Hao Xuan still refused to move back from the glass panel so Xiao Zhan looked at him one last time before running down the end of the hallway. Hao Xuan looked at the fading figure in desperation before finally flopping down and going silent.

Xiao Zhan twisted open the door, to the stairs of the emergency exit, sloppily with his bloodied hands. He cursed as he heard voices just after stepping down the third step. He immediately rushed back up.

"Don't get caught Xiao Zhan. That'll be the end of you."

He said limping towards the far end of the corridor.

"Come on! You are best at running away! Come on!"

He stopping seeing the end of the hallway but his eyes sparkled seeing the glass window on the wall. It opened into the back side of the Hospital. He rushed towards the window and looked out. There were three options for him since it was the third floor, he could either jump into pool, the trees or the solid ground. Ground was a big fat no... The trees could reduce the impact but that would've been helpful in normal circumstances... His body is already way beyond it's limits and he can't push it any further. The pool splash will get a lot of attention but that's the safest option. He hesitated knowing his chances are slim but when he thought of it the other way... The attention on him will assure Hao Xuan and FanXing's safety... He started looking for a way to open the window.

"Shit-  when was the last time someone opened this damned thing"

It was stuck and it won't budge no matter what. Xiao Zhan cringed at the next idea his brain supplied but stepped back nevertheless.

"Let's go out with a loud bang. If you are taking a risk, make it splendid"

He chuckled knowing this is one of the most stupidest things he's ever done. He ran towards the window ignoring the pains shooting up his feet and leg because of the glass shards. He immediately covered his face with his arms and embraced himself for the impact. The sound of glass shattering was deafening and he could feel the pieces scraping not only his face but his arms and legs too. As soon as his brain registered the end of the impact he changed his position, he firmly pressed his arms against his sides and embraced himself for another impact. The only thing his brain could come up with as he hit the freezing water was ...Fuck...

Xiao Zhan was not only the best diver of his team but he was also one of the best swimmers in the police academy. He quickly swam up and pulled himself out of the pool. He turned to take a quick glance and staggered because of his dazed mind. There was a fading red spot in the middle of the pool. He quickly rushed towards the darker end of the Hospital premises where the lights were barely illuminating. He could clearly hear the people engaged in a fight assuming his Uncle has reached but that did not stop him. He wasn't planning on staying either way. His lips were turning blue as he walked over to the brickwall that was double the length of his height. He looked down at his mess of a body and groaned before mustering up enough energy to climb the wall and throw himself over. His body hit the concrete ground and he silently screamed before standing up holding his left arm. He turned towards the road that leads towards the forest with the gateway. No, he wasn't planning to cross the gate but he didn't know where else to go for the time being. He took only two steps before landing on his knees and holding his body up by his hands scraping the palms in the process, fresh blood oozed out of his palms and keens turning the trousers a brighter shade of red. He groaned for the nth time and clenched his fists finally feeling tears welling up in his eyes.

"I decided to stay out of your matters and this is how you end up"

Zhan turned around still sitting on the ground hopelessly. His heartbeat increased seeing the familiar face.

"You..."

"Did you just refer to me as 'You'? I thought we were way beyond that"

"Lucifer..." It was out in a breath even before Xiao Zhan could think. The sarcastic smile on the vampire's face completely wiped off as he slowly clenched his fists.

"Why did you let yourself get into such a messy state? Why did you let yourself get hurt like this? Why didn't you listen to me when I told you to... Why are you like this.."

Lucifer was talking as if he was in a trance, he wasn't even looking at Xiao Zhan. On the other hand, the human was barely holding his consciousness. It was weird that as soon as he saw Lucifer all the adrenaline vanished into thin air and his fighting instinct just disappeared. An uncanny sensation settled down in him but he didn't feel threatened by the presence of the vampire. Even though, when Lucifer started walking towards him, he held up his gaurd getting ready to attack if needed.

"Don't waste your energy. I won't do anything to you when you are already this messed up"

He said almost rolling his eyes before reaching towards Xiao Zhan who moved back defensively only to be harshly pulled back by the domineering vampire.

"Stop moving! Your blood is so fucking enticing that if a bunch of rouges appeared out of nowhere, I won't be able to save you"

"What.. Blood... Enticing?"

"God, I hate you so much... You know just like how the vampires have ranks, humans have levels"

He said wrapping a handkerchief on Xiao Zhan's bleeding knee.

"The more appetising the blood, the greater the blood-thirst... The greater the danger for the human, the greater the chances of vampires finding him... You know what's the least?"

Xiao Zhan who was hearing quietly looked at him and simply blinked his tired eyes in confusion and curiosity.

"Sanity of the vampires. Blood-thirst drive them insane"

"Why aren't you going bananas then? Is my blood not appetising to you?"

Zhan asked hissing in the end as Lucifer harshly tightened the knot around his wound.

"My self-control is greater than my appetite for your blood.. Other than that your blood is gourmet...delicious and igniting... The lower the rank of a vampire the harder it is to have control over his actions. And I'm a-"

"Noble Vampire of High rank yada yada blah blah... Yeah I know"

"The disrespect.."

"By the way, what are you doing here?"

"To get you"

"Do I look stupid to you?"

"I'm not the one who jumped down the third floor of the Hospital knowing the chances of surviving that fall in that condition were very slim"

"You saw! And yet you didn't save me! How can you be so cruel!!"

"Oh! I thought you didn't like playing the damsel in distress"

"I don't! Humph but I would never refuse a helping hand in a life or death situation. I'm not that petty"

"I'd keep that in mind for the next time"

"Stop jinxing me! There won't be a next time"

"Shall we?"

Zhan looked down at the extended hand and was about to hold it for support when Lucifer took his hand back.

"Wha-"

Zhan's words were stuck in his throat as Lucifer embraced him. To his surprise Lucifer was warm... Warmer compared to him. It was then that he noticed his own body trembling and his fingertips that were turning blue too.

"Lu- Lucifer?"

"Your blood, it's scent is way too strong. If I don't cover it, it'll cause trouble."

His voice was a bit slurred as if he was in a dazed state. Zhan sat there silently in the vampire's embrace, not knowing what to do.

"Let's go"

Lucifer said after sighing in content. He pulled away and slipped his arm under Xiao Zhan's legs.

"Wait! What are you-"

He was already lifted off the ground and his arms on an impulse went around Lucifer's neck for he feared one more dreadful fall.

"Put me down Lucifer!"

"And you'll walk? You know what little fairy-"

"Not that name again" Zhan said rolling his eyes giving up completely as Lucifer started walking. Now that he noticed there was no hospital in the far distance like before... In fact, there was nothing at all.. It was as if they were walking into a dark space... An endless road... Zhan gulped and his hold tightened around Lucifer's neck.

"How adorable... Is our dear Officer scared of a little darkness?"

"Shut up. I'm not scared and even if I was, it's none of your business"

"Ok"

This Oh so Obedient Lucifer didn't sit well with Xiao Zhan but he kept quiet.

"Lucifer"

"Hm"

"Why did you kiss me that day?"

"Why do a person kiss another person?"

"... I don't know"

"To show affection... Endearment... Lov-"

"Ow my leg!"

Lucifer chuckled but decided to let him off the hook.

"I like- no... I love Yibo"

Zhan said after a few minutes.

"I know"

"Uhuh... And..."

"I don't care"

"Oh come on! That's not how it works. I already told you I like someone else. Let go"

"You'll fall if I let go"

A weird emotion bubbled up in Zhan's heart. That sentence was more than it seemed.

"Yibo will not let me fall"

"He'll be the one to push you"

"Stop it Lucifer"

"Vampires are dangerous and unstable vampires like our dear Prince Wang Yibo are more dangerous Xiao Zhan"

"When-"

"What?"

"When did I say your opinion matters?"

"Oof Felt that in my bones"

"Stop fooling around Lucifer... Feelings can't be imposed"

"They can be changed"

"Ugh! You are so annoying"

"On a serious note, where is your Prince when you need him?"

"As if you don't know.."

"I do...but do you?"

"I'll find him even if you don't tell me and that seems to be your intention"

"How stubborn... How stubborn... Ahh... Why did you fall for him, I set my eyes on you first.. It's not fair"

"Where are we going?"

Zhan asked changing the subject. Lucifer kept glancing at the human as the conversation went on. He shrugged his shoulders carefree.

"I don't know"

"What? What do you mean you don't know!"

"I was waiting for you to tell me where you wanna go..."

"Take me to Yibo"

"Phh yeah sure"

"You! You-"

"Sorry my dear but even I can't jump through the barrier of time and space to get to the vampire empire...especially when I am not even allowed in there"

"You are not?"

"You didn't know?"

"Is this just me or there are two of you now?"

"Pardon?"

Lucifer looked down at Xiao Zhan's face that was paler than before. He crouched down and raised one leg to make Xiao Zhan lean in comfortably. His icy cold fingers brushed against Xiao Zhan's face and he frowned.

"Lucifer..." Zhan mumbled with his eyes closed and held onto Lucifer's shirt with anxiousness.

"Are you dreaming about me?" He said with a gentle smile while brushing his fingers over Xiao Zhan's eyelids.

"Don't.... D-don't.. Lucifer"

"8... How delightful... It feels so euphoric hearing my name from you"

"N-no.." Zhan continued mumbling in his unconscious state, completely oblivious of reality.

"I wanted to walk for a bit longer. Why are you humans so weak. Looks like fun time is over."

He picked him up once again and this time disappeared into the darkness without leaving a trace.

°°°°°°°°°

28th January, 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 7.7K 42
Xiao Zhan is a filial son. He is very cheerful and generous, but he wants to build a record to be having 50 girlfriends in one year. Can he make his...
238K 12.2K 39
"I know your situation Mr. Xiao , and I can help you by preventing your company from going bankrupt",said yibo with serious tone "Mr. Wang yibo , I k...
210K 15.7K 39
One falls in the trap and one enjoys with his prey, that night changes both's life. That night, for the first time Xiao Zhan gets to know what is hat...
178K 10.4K 15
When his uncle is overthrown as the pack leader, Lan Yibo is sold to an auction house. He expects to be held captive until he presents, and then to...