Accidentally Yours

By krsdnlslta

Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Bad Day
Chapter 2: Invisible
Chapter 3: Confused
Chapter 4: Feelings
Chapter 5: Unpredictable
Chapter 6: Back to Normal?
Chapter 7: This is so Awkward
Chapter 8: Friends?
Chapter 9: Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 10: Everything is just so 'complicated'
Chapter 11: Troublemaker
Chapter 12: Unspoken Feelings
Chapter 14: Unexpected
Chapter 15: Intensity
Chapter 16: Trouble
Chapter 17: Convoluted
Chapter 18: Trust
Chapter 19: The Next Playboy
Chapter 20: Accidents
Chapter 21: Accidents and Problems
Chapter 22 - Spaces
Chapter 23: A Better Change
Chapter 24: New Beginning
Chapter 25: Three Words
Chapter 26: Heartwarming
Chapter 27: The Perfect Moment
Epilogue
The Perks of Having The Perv Boss
NEW STORY! ~

Chapter 13: This is War

1.6K 79 0
By krsdnlslta

Chapter 13: This is War

Kate

I wait patiently together with the others at the waiting area beside the nurse’s desk. Dylan was still inside his room, the nurse insisted to continue treating his wounds and she instructed me to wait outside. I don’t know how Marc was doing but the Grey guy who was sitted beside Ryan told us that he was already fine, he just wanted to take a rest. No one knows the main reason why the fight started but I still have the feeling that the fight started because of what happened yesterday.

“I like you Kate.”

I still remember the words that he said to me, feel the butterflies lurking on my stomach and how my cheeks turn red because of those words that he said in front of me.

I didn’t expect him to confess to me. It was unexpected and I can’t believe that it was real. Like as if all of what happening now is nothing but a dream and I have this feeling not wanting to wake up.

“You should all get back to class. Your friends are fine, I’ll just handle it from here.” The nurse said as soon as she went out of the room that she was staying.

“Can we at least see him?” Ryan said. He was worrying since Dylan entered the clinic. Let’s just say that he really cares for Dylan that he wanted to be there by his side.

“I’m afraid you can’t. He wanted to take a rest for a while. C’mon, go back to your class now.” The nurse replied.

No one argued back and followed what the nurse said. We separated and head back to our own respected classrooms.

Everything that happened today was nothing that I expected them to be. It was unforgettable.

--

Dylan

“I think that I should be going now. Thank you very much for everything.” I said as soon as I saw the nurse who was on her desk.

“Are you sure?” She took her record book beside her, “Just sign here if you’re heading off.” She lend me the book and the pen for me to sign.

I give it back as soon as I finished and I told her that I’ll be leaving. She told me to continue treating the wounds that I have and to stay away from fights, I just smiled and bid my good bye.

You know what? I didn’t expect to all of this happen. I mean, I got myself into a fight and I even told Kate that I liked her.

I still have this feeling of getting afraid to get hurt again but what choice do I have? I have fallen for Kate and I don’t intend of what happened in my past to get in the way with it. I also don’t want to Kate fall for someone like Marc. I don’t like him for Kate. I don’t know but I have the feeling that she won’t be happy if she’ll be with Marc.

What bothers me right now is, does Kate like me back? She did say to kiss her after I confessed my feelings for her but that doesn’t still say that she likes me. What if she was just caught up in the moment? That’s why she said that.

As soon as I saw her later, I will ask her if she feels the same way so that this pretend thing that we’re having will no longer exist and be something that is real.

I really like Kate and I don’t intend to let her go.

--

Marc

When the others left, I waited for an hour before I leave. I didn’t attend my class after I got out of the clinic. I head on the rooftop and let myself get some fresh air. I should really work on my temper because having this kind of temper will really get me nowhere. If Dylan didn’t talked to me, none of this would have happened. He should’ve ignore me and pretend that I didn’t exist like when we’re practicing soccer. He usually ignores me and he tend to talk to the guys who are popular than me. I usually talked to the guys who they say are the ones that doesn’t really excel or those who are least good in playing it. What bothers me though, he likes Kate. That kind of playboy doesn’t deserve someone like Kate. She’s innocent and kind, she’s not like those slutty girls that you could just get with one blink of an eye. She should be treasured and Dylan doesn’t do that. He’s a playboy and being entitled by one means, he really is. He will just play with Kate’s heart and ruin it like some piece of trash. I won’t let Kate be in the hands of Dylan Winters. Even if Kate doesn’t want me or even will like me, it’s okay as long as she won’t fall for some playboy guy like Dylan.

I stare at the sky and let out a heavy breath. Getting some fresh air usually help me get of my mind off things but in this case, it didn’t. I really like Kate and I really care for her. She’s the first girl that made me feel like this. She reminds me of the girl that I used to like back then but that girl already left because she went in the city, together with her family. The girl that I used to like and Kate have this similarities that I recognize.

“What is happening with my life?” I said.

--

Dylan

I can feel other people looking at me as I pass through the hallway of our school and I know it was because of the wounds I have in my face. The wounds on my face aren’t just simple scars and it was evident that I had gotten into a fight.

“Dylan.” I heard someone called my name. I turn my head to look who it was and it was Sofia. She’s the girl that I used to flirt with. Since the day that I confirmed that I have a girlfriend, there are only few of those girls that I used to flirt come and talk to me. It was because some of the girls understand how I am serious of having a girlfriend but there are still some girls who doesn’t hesitate and still bugs me.

I’m serious with Kate and I won’t let anyone comes in my way. She have this worried looks plastered on her face as she walks towards me.

“What happened to your face? Are you alright Dylan? Want me to help you?” She touches my hand, acting casual and as if she doesn’t know that I have a girlfriend.

I shove her hands away from me and tried to stay calm. I smiled and answered, “I’m okay. I’m sorry but I have to go. I’m not feeling well.” I turn my head, avoiding any more conversations. In my surprise, she pulled my arm. She didn’t fail to get my attention because my eyes are now focused to her.

“Are you avoiding me? I know you have a girlfriend but we’re still friends right?”

“I’m not avoiding you.” I answered, “I’m just tired, please let go of my arm.”

She slowly lets go and smiled weakly, “Okay. I’m sorry. Let’s just talk some other time then. Don’t forget that I’m just here if you need any help.”

I just nodded and turn my head away from her. I left without saying another word from her.

--

Kate

I was looking for Dylan. I can’t go home without seeing him. I care for him, I just wanted him to know that. He told me that he liked me and with those words that I heard from him made me smile and like him even more. I wanted to tell him that I like him back but I want to tell him on the right time and place. For now, I just wanted him to feel how much I care for him.

I was walking on the hallway when I saw him standing on the side of the hallway, leaning against the lockers. What is he doing over there?

“Dylan?” I called his attention and he turn his head as soon as he heard my voice. He walk towards me with a smile placed unto his lips.

“I was waiting for you.” He put both of his hands on his pockets. “So, uhh.” He scratches the back of his neck, “Let me drive you home?” He said, awkwardly.

The talk we have is a little bit awkward. Maybe because of what happened a while back in the clinic. To be honest, since that happen, I can’t get it out of my head.

Everything that happened a while ago keeps on playing on my head and I can’t look for anything to help me get rid of it.

--

I wanted to speak but I can’t think of any words to say. All I can hear was the sound of the engine and the air condition of his car. He doesn’t seem to talk either, I can’t stand with this silence but I don’t even know how to start talking.

I swallowed the lump on my throat as I ran my hands back and forth on my jeans. This awkward silence that we’re having is taking every ounce of comfort zone. “So, Dylan. I was, uhh..” I can’t even say a complete sentence.

“Hmm?” He can’t even utter a word.

“I, uhmm, are you okay?”

“I’m okay.”

“Does your wounds hurt?”

“A little.”

“Don’t forget to treat it, okay?”

“Okay.”

And everything ended with just one word. Why are we even having this awkward silence and awkward conversations? I can’t stand this.

“Kate?” He said, disturbing the thoughts inside my head.

“Yes Dylan?” I turn my head to face him.

“I really do like you.” His words sends butterflies all over my tummy. I can’t speak and in the same time, I can feel my cheeks turning red. “Do you believe me right?” He added.

“Yes, I believe you Dylan.” I said.

He stops the engine and went out of the car, he open the door for me and I went out. We’re already at my house and I felt like we were in his car for hours.

“See you tomorrow then?” His eyes weren’t able to look at me.

“See you tomorrow, take care on your way home.”

“I will.”

We’re just standing in front of each other, No one seems to move or speak another word.

“Dylan.”

“Kate.”

“See you tomorrow.”

“See you.”

“Should I walk you towards your car?”

I saw him smile, “I’m sorry. I’ll go ahead. See you tomorrow.”

He went towards his car and look at me one more time before he went inside. I waved my hand as soon as he started the engine and then he left.

“I like you Kate.”

“I like you too Dylan.” I said.

--

Love this chapter? Don’t forget to vote and/or follow me. Sorry for the late update though.

More chapters to come! Stay tuned. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 10.1K 44
What will happen when the guy you've been crushing for what feels like forever is paired with your best friend on a fake marriage and you get stuck w...
Choices By Venessa

Teen Fiction

5.6K 141 18
Stephanie ,Logan and Charlie had always been the best of friends but things changes when they start middle school . Logan dumps the gang and becomes...
516K 15.9K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
540 1 10
High School as never been a happy time for Emily. She has always dreamed of living a life with no drama but knowing high school she knew that wasnt p...