Chapter 8: Friends?

Chapter 8: Friends?

Kate

“Can we be friends?”

Every word that he said to me started to sink inside my head. I don’t know whether I’ll accept it or not.

I sighed. “Why do you want to be friends with me?” I asked him.

“Why don’t you want to be friends with me?” He returned the question back to me.

If only it’s simple to tell him that I already have fallen for him that’s why I don’t want to be friends with him but saying that won’t do good.

“Can I go inside?” I slowly turn my head, avoiding the question.

“I’ll wait for your reply until tomorrow.” He said.

He unlocked the lock of the car’s door. I get out of the car and hurriedly head towards the house. I didn’t thank him for driving me home nor didn’t I even told him good bye. I just went out of the car without saying a word.

Why did I even fall to him easily? I should’ve just followed my instinct and continue to ignore a guy like him. Now, I’m suffering. I don’t know what to do and I don’t even know how to start forgetting him.

I went straight to my bedroom, ignoring my mother’s presence. I lie down my bed and hugged my pillow. I am confused and in the same time, angry. I’m angry for letting myself fall for someone whom I know from the start, will just break my heart.

Why do they do this kind of things?

I kept my eyes close and let everything inside my head to focus and think straight. Should I accept his offer of being friends?

I know that it’s not bad but if I want to move on and forget this little feelings I have for him, I shouldn’t.

--

I’ve been thinking about many things last night and in the end I were able to make up a conclusion.

If I tried accepting him in my life, I can start moving on. I don’t know but that’s what I thought and I think that it will be the best. It is because if I continued avoiding him, the more I think about him.

It’s not bad being friends with him and even if I have feelings for him, I know that it’ll be gone soon. I don’t intent to deepen my feelings for him because that’ll be a bad idea and I’m not that dumb.

If I let myself fall for him, I will just be some shit in the side walk. I don’t want that to happen and I promise that it won’t ever happen to me.

“Hey, Kate?” I heard Beth’s voice clinging into my ears.

I closed my locker and faced her, she was smiling.

“Yup?” I gave her my good and pleasing aura.

I don’t want to talk about last night because I should be the one who needs the apologizing. And I do admit that walking out of the cinema last night was my entire fault. I should have expected things like that and the fact that I should’ve listened to Beth’s stories more. Because if I did, I would knew who she was dating with.