Chapter 24: New Beginning

Kate

"Do you realize that you're being an asshat for the past days?" My lips formed a smirk while I glance at his handsome features. Now that our drama is over, I could finally breathe.

"I know and I'm sorry." He takes a hold of my hand, "But I promise you, I will never ever let go off this hand ever again." He looks at me with a smile placed on his lips.

"Well, for a playboy and a popular guy in our school, you're such a weak guy in terms of love." I teased him. He smiled half-heartedly, "I was just joking." I instantly said.

He leans closer to me, placing a kiss on my forehead, "Joke or not, it's true. I'm just thinking of what's best for you at that time, and the reason for that was because I love you." He places his hand on my cheek, pressing it softly, "Though I'm sorry for being a coward, fighting for you."

I got up from the lying position and started glaring at him, "Can we please stop this already, it's getting dramatic."

He sighs while still lying on his bed. "Okay, okay." He raises both of his hands, "Get over here and cuddle with me." He winks.

I scoff, "No way, I'm not even going to do that." I stick my tongue out, teasing him.

"And why is that?" He replied.

"Because you have to force me." I folded my arms against my chest.

He instantly took me in his arms, by pulling me next to him, "That was easy." He said laughing.

"I wasn't ready you little asshat." I retorted. His arms are around my body, pulling me into a hug. This is what I needed, after all that drama, this is something I would like to have all day.

"Since when do you start to improvise curse words?" He snuggles his nose on my neck. "Since the day you started being an asshat." I complained.

He chuckled, "You told me to stop bringing it up but you continue to bring it up."

"Oh sorry, by the way, why are you hugging me? Didn't you tell me that we should go back to the start?" I shove him off, making a distance away from me, "And by that, we are not yet together, we are not yet dating and we're definitely not yet in a relationship." I stand up from the bed, "So, I'll be looking forward to see you efforts tomorrow, good night friend." I wink at him and sticks my tongue out before I could go out of his bedroom.

"C'mon, that's just mean. Could we just start from being in a relationship?" He argued.

"Good bye Dylan!" I said while I exited his apartment. I close the door behind me and I could feel my lips forming into a smile. "New beginning." I mutter.

--

The alarm clock started ringing and I instantly press the button for it to stop, the sun's light started invading my room, making everything around it bright. What happened last night started to play at the back of my mind and I can't help but to smile again. I know no one likes or even excited to go to school but as of now, I'm excited. Not because of studying or getting to see your teachers, it's because you've got to see you friends and also, the person who gives you butterflies, making your heart explode with every sweet things that he is about to show you and the person who truly loves you. I know I may sound corny and cheesy all in the same time but I'm happy to start a new beginning, especially as this year is the last year of our high school.

--

I grab the keys in the coffee table, I walk out of the house and lock the door. When I turn around, I saw him. He was standing, leaning on his expensive looking car with a smile on his face. I pretended I wasn't happy and gave him an annoyed look.