Epilogue

Kate

"And now, may I call on Mr. Lanter to give his speech for his fellow batchmates." Mr. Locke gestured his hand to Austin to come up on the stage, "Give a round of applause to our valedictorian, Austin Lanter."

Everyone gave their applause as Austin head to the stage. It was so amazing that Austin was the valedictorian of our batch. He was just so smart and to even think that he was hanging out with bad boys slash playboys of the campus. Time flies so fast, it's like everything that had happen was just yesterday. Austin and Beth applied for Harvard and guess what? They were able to get a letter, telling them that they pass. We're all happy for them. Isaac on the other hand, was planning to take a year off. He just wants to explore and travel, he's not really fond of going to school. But they're rich, he could do whatever he wants. He told us after a year off, he would probably apply for college and apply a business course because he would take over the business that his father had established.

Ryan is taking up engineering because his father told him so. He doesn't really argue about it because he doesn't even know what to take up. We asked him if he's excited for college and all he said were 'yes, because I'll be meeting a lot of girls and I'll go party all night.' It's so Ryan. He didn't told us what university he going to get into but he told us that he was going to be in touch.

I will be enrolling on a university at the city where we used to live. I'll be living with my father after summer. Together with my mother who decided that she will quit her job after the summer ends. My mother and father started to get in touch again. And, things between them are getting smoothly. Like, they're slowly trying to glue the broken pieces that had broken. I know that my mother and father still love each other, they just need time. I would be taking up architecture.

Dylan, on the other hand, will be joining the army. I know, it's alarming. Everyone of us are shock to hear it, even me, his own girlfriend. I didn't expect that he wanted to do that. He told me that he wanted to join the army because that was his dream when he was still a child. He told me that his mother doesn't approve of it and started crying. While his father, on the other hand, approve of it. Even if his father would be passing down the business they have to Dylan, his father still insist that he do what he wants to do. Having a long distance relationship would be hard, especially when he entered the army, we're going to send each other's letters and that would be hard.

"-- This is not the end of the chapter of our lives for we will be writing and will be starting a new chapter of our lives as we take a leap towards the life we chose to make. Congratulations to everyone and have a great summer!" Austin ended his speech and everyone started clapping their hands.

--

My father insisted that we all take a picture and we did a funny pose where my mother laugh so hard because Ryan fell on his butt after being shoved by Isaac. Both of them are getting pretty close.

"Dear, we'll be on the car, we're just going to wait for you there, okay?" My mother said. And I nodded back with a smile.

"So, I heard, Gray was going to host a party later, are you all going?" Isaac questioned with a grin on his face.

"Sure, why not, right?" Beth said in an assuring tone. Austin nodded in agreement.

"Definitely, won't be missing it." Ryan said.

"How about you Kate? Dylan?" Isaac turns his head to the both of us.

"Sure." I replied.

"Won't miss it." Dylan added.