Chapter 9: Unexpected Kiss

Note: Yes, I updated faster than usual but I uploaded this chapter because I want to let you all know that the next update will be next week or the next week after and it isn't sure yet because our finals is coming up and I'll be busy. I hope you love this chapter because even I can't wait to let you all read it. Have fun reading! xx

--

Kate

I open my eyes slowly, getting myself back to reality. I wandered my eyes, looking if someone is inside the room besides me. I sit up and found myself sitting all alone in this white painted room. What I only recall before getting myself to sleep was smiling at Dylan after I told him that I agreed on being friends with him. He was happy and I can see traces of smiles on his face.

“You awake already?” The nurse greeted me with a smile on her face.

I nodded and tugged a smile on my lips, “I think.”

She checked on me, looking if I was already okay and I think she do thinks that I’m already am.

“You know, your guy friend who was beside you a while ago doesn’t want to go.” She chuckled, “But his friends went here together with a girl who is wearing glasses and insisted him to go with them to eat lunch.” She sighs. “Is he really not your boyfriend?” She settled her eyes upon me as her lips started to form a smile.

I felt myself blush on the nurse’s honest question. I shake my head, “No, no and definitely not!” I exclaimed, claiming that he wasn’t really my boyfriend.

“Really? Well he seems like he really do care about you a lot.” She helped me stand up from the bed that I lied on.

“He’s like that to every girl on this campus.” I mumbled silently.

“You’re free to go.” She handed me her report book, “Just sign here.”

I took out the pen from my pocket and sign the report book that she handed to me. I always kept a pen on my pocket.

“Oh, one more thing.” The nurse startled me. “You’re experiencing fatigue. You should eat on the right time, don’t stress yourself too much and sleep early, okay?” she said with a smile on her face.

She’s very cheery and it’s odd to find someone on her age like that. I mean she’s on her middle age. I think she’s on her 30’s.

“Yes. Thank you very much.” I said with a smile plastered on my face.

“There’s your bag on the corner.” She pointed out my bag that was placed on the shelf that was on the corner.

I took my bag and bid my good bye to the nurse who still had her smile as soon as I got out of the clinic. Fatigue huh? Well my mother wouldn’t care if I told her that anyway. I glance at my watch to see that it’s twelve fifteen in the afternoon, it’s still lunch break and I can feel my tummy grumbling because of hunger.

I’m hungry and I wanted to eat already. All that lying and sleeping on the bed just made me starve. I head my way towards the cafeteria of our school. As usual, the table were full and I can’t see any seat to sit on. I’ll just think about that later. As of now, I want to get myself a tray and take some food to eat.

The cafeteria lady that was always grumpy placed the food on my tray, she’s not making the food any happier with that sort of mood. If food is made with feelings, the food that she must have prepared isn’t good for the taste buds.