Chapter 6: Back to Normal?

Kate

I don’t know what happened or if the heavens just heard my wish but I think Dylan gets it. Last Saturday, he texted me that he’ll be the one to drop my bag in our house but it turns out that he ordered someone to give the bag to me. I don’t know who the guy was but the guy who gave my bag back to me was a man wearing a black suite and speaks in a British accent.

It was awkward plus he speaks very formal.

Anyways, today is Tuesday. I haven’t heard of Dylan and by I meant heard was we didn’t spoke at each other and he never looked at me anymore whenever we passed by at each other, except for me. He goes back to his usual routine. The routine of flirting girls in the campus and he didn’t care of what other people thinks.

I saw him yesterday kissing this hot cheerleader and as if it was all natural to him. Something came up on my mind and realized that he doesn’t care who was he kissing, he never tried to endure or feel anything. He just kissed her because he wants to or he just wants to have pleasure for himself. He’s not the romantic and committed kind of guy. He just wants to have fun and please himself.

The guy that I met when we were on his apartment was completely different compared to the guy that I see on the school grounds.

Not that I’m not used to it but I think he became more badly compared before. He’s not just a playboy anymore but more like a bad boy type.

I don’t know if he was like that because of what I told him or he just wanted to change. It doesn’t matter anymore. I should focus myself in more important things than him.

I should be happy in the fact that he wasn’t here to irritate me or bugged me and plus the fact that he followed me all the way home just to ask what my name was. I shouldn’t be thinking of what happened between us before because it isn’t helping.

I’m in the library and trying to focus on what I’m reading because it’s our exams tomorrow. The hard part is, I can’t focus since the fact that I noticed that he has been ignoring me. I should be happy about it but in the end I can’t think straight and I don’t know why?

“What is happening to you Kate?” I mumbled and sighed. I lean my head against the table and stare at the books that are perfectly placed on the shelves. I can’t think straight and focus.

I heard the librarian called the attention of the students who were two tables away from me. I checked to see who it was and it was no other than Dylan and a blonde girl who was wearing glasses.

You’ve got to be kidding me?

Even at the library? Is he some kind of guy who can do anything that he wants and go to the place he pleases? This is a library! Not a dating room!

I focused my eyes on the book that I’m reading, its history. I heard them giggling and laughing and I peeked to look at them. They were smiling and giving each other their flirty looks.

“What the hell?” I said out loud without noticing it. Everyone in the library was looking at me and even Dylan. They had their eyes focused on to me. The librarian called my attention and I assure her that it won’t happen again.

That was embarrassing. I can’t take the aura anymore so I decided to stand up and take all the books that I need for studying and left.

I don’t know what to think.

I lean my head against my locker and stare at the floor, waiting for a miracle or even something that will happen to take my mind off of Dylan who appears on my mind several times.