Chapter 4: Feelings

Kate

I fixed my things inside my locker and brought the only things that I needed to do. Like for example, homework in mathematics. I really don’t get math and I don’t know why we need to study such hard problems that would only cause our mind to bursts and to be blown out into tiny little pieces. Thinking about makes me frustrated, I think I’m going to have a headache.

“See that girl? She was shouting at Dylan a while ago. She’s just a transferee and yet she wants attention.” I heard a girl talking behind my back.

I turn to face whoever it was and people at my back were looking at me with their judgmental looks and backstabbing words. They look at me as if I’m a criminal, what do they care about Dylan? Why don’t they just mind their own business and go do something or better yet, why don’t they just fuck off? Don’t they have some more important to do rather than snooping out other people’s business?

“Hey Kate!” I heard Beth’s voice, she was just across the hall. She was waving her hands, gesturing me that she was there. People passing by around her makes her look small, it’s difficult to see her without waving her hands at me.

I waved my hands back, closes my locker and approached her. I don’t care about those people who were giving me their looks and hurtful words, I mean they don’t know me and what do I care about them? I don’t give a damn thing about them. There are like those people who has nothing to do but gossip and doesn’t know what to do in this crazy and messy world.

“So, are you going to my house?” she pulls the strands of her hair and tucked it at the back of her ear, she was hugging four books on her arms. If I will be bringing books, I can only bring one or two.

“Oh, I would love to. But, I have homework to do. How about on Monday? I kind of having a bad day today, again.” I pointed her those people who were looking at me with those mean and judgmental stares.

“Oh I see, don’t mind them. They don’t even know the whole story.” She rolled her eyes. “See you on Monday, okay?” She gave me a peck on the cheek and smiled. Glad that I have someone who is on my side.

She turned her back, give me one last smile and left.

I’m glad that I was able to meet a girl like her, to be friends with an innocent and kind girl.

-

I was walking at the parking lot, the exit was headed that way. That’s why you have to pass through the parking lot first. There are only few people in the parking lot. Some students were already itching their way out of the school and I’m no different than them. If only I can have a car. I sighed in the thought that it will take years before I can have my own car. My mother doesn’t want me to have one because she said that she doesn’t trust me when it comes to big responsibilities. I mean, what’s so big about having a car or owning one? It’s not like I’m doing something that’s against the law.

I plugged both my earphones in my ear, humming the song that I was listening to. It’s like I’m on my own little world whenever I listen to my playlist.

A car stopped in front of me, it was a Mercedes Benz model car, color black. The window rolled down and the annoying guy was there smiling at me like a complete idiot. What does he want now? Can’t he just leave me alone already?

“Want me to drive you home?” He offered nicely, his smile was still plastered on his face.

I don’t really want to get involved with him. What if people saw us? Or better yet, what if they’ll get a wrong idea? I don’t want that to happen and it’s not like we like each other and that won’t even happen. I won’t let that happen because that will just cause a big problem in my life and I don’t want to have big problems like him.