Chapter 3: Confused

Kate

I'm totally awake. I can't sleep and no one's home except for me. I haven't been sleeping well since the last incident I had with Dylan. It’s been 5 days since the last grey jacket incident and I'm glad that he hasn't been approaching me, the only thing that I hate is when he winks at me every time we pass by each other and it's totally freaking me out. What is his problem? Can't he just pretend that we don't know each other or none of the things that had happened between us has ever existed?

He's pain in the neck. Can we just go back to the part where we haven't met at all and every time I saw him, he's just flirting girls in the hallway? I'm already okay with being invisible and not even a guy like him would make me happier by just letting me know that he noticed me. I don't want to be anywhere related to that play boy and life is much easier without problems. And by problems, I meant him.

I jump out of the bed and slap my face gently, "Pull yourself together!" I said to myself.

I should not think about him and just focus on every detail that's going on my head right now.

The doorbell rang, I took my phone from the table and its 8pm. Who would be visiting at this late at night? Maybe it's my mom’s visitor. Too bad, mom isn't here.

The doorbell rang, again. "Just a sec!" I shouted.

I was on my pj's. I need to change, okay? I change into my shorts and wore my hoodie over my fitted white shirt. I tied my hair into a pony tail and went downstairs.

The doorbell rang thrice already and whoever this guy or girl was, it was annoying me already. I peeked through the window, it's a guy. He was facing at his back that's why I wasn't able to see his face.

I open the door, "And what can I help you?" I ask.

The moment I open the door, the aura seems familiar. It's like I know this guy from somewhere. He came to look at me, he faced me with his annoying yet charming smile.

He waved his hand, "Hi Natalie." He said.

I now declare my peaceful life to be over.

-

Dylan

I've been thinking a lot lately and one of those things is Natalie. I don't know why or how but she keeps on popping on my head. I've been silently asking some of my school mates if they know a girl named Natalie and all of them were pointing a girl from the freshmen year who plays piano. Sometimes I pass by with Natalie and I don't know what to say so I just wink at her like a complete bad ass jerk. I know, any of my moves won't work on her.

Both my friends are worrying about me and asking me I've changed a lot. I seldom paid attention to girls since the last incident that me and Natalie met at the parking lot. I seldom hang out with the guys and when I do have a free time, I ask some of my schoolmates about her but no one knows her. So what I did, I followed her all the way home.

And now, I'm waving my hand like a complete idiot. I, Dylan shouldn’t be doing this. I mean, I'm like a stalker. I don't go to girls, they go to me. But what I'm seeing right now is a complete opposite.

"What are you doing here?" She rolled her eyes, annoyance was very evident on her face.

"I was, uhhh-- I thought, I mean. Wow! What a coincidence! You leave here?" I scratch the back of my neck and divert my eyes to the left.

What was I thinking? It was pretty obvious that it wasn't a coincidence.

"Yeah, what a coincidence. Okay, bye!" She smiled in a weak and forceful manner.