Chapter 18: Trust

Kate

It seems like it's been a long time since I started to draw some sketches at the garden of our school. I remember when I used to hang out here when I don't want to go home yet and when I don't have any friends to hang out with after school. What would be my life now if didn't met Dylan? Would I be the same Kate who's alone and has no friends? Will I be able to meet a different friend when I didn't met him? Will I be able to meet Marc even if I didn't met Dylan?

I sat down at one of the benches at the garden and started sketching. This helps me keep my mind off things that are troubling me and that includes, Dylan. Up until now, the incident is bothering me and I don't know if whether I'll believe his words or not. I had a hard time believing him because of my past and also because of his past. He was a playboy back then and I don't know if he completely change or not and whether if he really likes me or he's just playing with my feelings.

But if Dylan is saying were true, then why Talia did that? Doesn't she realize that he has a girlfriend already and that he doesn't want some trouble going on his life? If I were to talk to Talia, I'm sure that it won't turn out good because she's not like Beth who's sweet, friendly, kind and easy to talk to. She's popular in the school and that is hard to beat.

I'm frustrated with all the things that are going on inside my head that I just wanted some time alone, away from Dylan and others. I know it's unfair if I include Beth to this but I can't really stand seeing them when I'm like this, I hope they understand me.

When I finished, I put my sketch book on my bag and exited the garden of our school. There are only few students hanging out at the hallway and it was because it's already dismissal.

"Kate?" A guy called my name and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Dylan. When I turn my back, I was surprise to see Austin.

"Austin? What are you still doing here?"

He was catching his breath, it seems like he was running around the building because he looks exhausted and sweaty.

"I was looking for you." He raises his right hand, signaling for me to wait and then he started speaking again, "Can we talk?"

"Sure what is it?" I replied.

He held my wrist and drag me into the other side of the hallway where no one can see us or even hear us.

"I wanted to talk to you about Dylan." He let's go off my wrist.

"What about Dylan? Is he in trouble or something?" I look at him straight in the eyes and waited for him speak but it was taking minutes for him to speak.

"Austin?" I called his attention.

"Listen Kate, I know that it is difficult for you to believe him. If he whether really intend to do that kiss thing to Talia or not but trust me, Dylan has already changed." He exhaled, "Since you started entering his life, he was different and it was a good thing. I just don't know what Ryan thinks about it but I absolutely think that when you entered his life, he's not fooling around and that he was really serious about you. Dylan maybe a playboy back then but I'm sure, that you really changed him and I don't want you to give up on him. He already had enough, He needs someone like you, Kate." He held both of my wrist tightly, "I know that this is much to ask but I really care about Dylan, the both of you." He tugged a weak smile on his lips.

I took a deep breathe, "I-- I-don't-" I don't know what to say to him. I mean, this is the first time that Austin talk to me about Dylan and I don't know if I were to take Austin's words or not.