Chapter 13: This is War

Kate

I wait patiently together with the others at the waiting area beside the nurse’s desk. Dylan was still inside his room, the nurse insisted to continue treating his wounds and she instructed me to wait outside. I don’t know how Marc was doing but the Grey guy who was sitted beside Ryan told us that he was already fine, he just wanted to take a rest. No one knows the main reason why the fight started but I still have the feeling that the fight started because of what happened yesterday.

“I like you Kate.”

I still remember the words that he said to me, feel the butterflies lurking on my stomach and how my cheeks turn red because of those words that he said in front of me.

I didn’t expect him to confess to me. It was unexpected and I can’t believe that it was real. Like as if all of what happening now is nothing but a dream and I have this feeling not wanting to wake up.

“You should all get back to class. Your friends are fine, I’ll just handle it from here.” The nurse said as soon as she went out of the room that she was staying.

“Can we at least see him?” Ryan said. He was worrying since Dylan entered the clinic. Let’s just say that he really cares for Dylan that he wanted to be there by his side.

“I’m afraid you can’t. He wanted to take a rest for a while. C’mon, go back to your class now.” The nurse replied.

No one argued back and followed what the nurse said. We separated and head back to our own respected classrooms.

Everything that happened today was nothing that I expected them to be. It was unforgettable.

--

Dylan

“I think that I should be going now. Thank you very much for everything.” I said as soon as I saw the nurse who was on her desk.

“Are you sure?” She took her record book beside her, “Just sign here if you’re heading off.” She lend me the book and the pen for me to sign.

I give it back as soon as I finished and I told her that I’ll be leaving. She told me to continue treating the wounds that I have and to stay away from fights, I just smiled and bid my good bye.

You know what? I didn’t expect to all of this happen. I mean, I got myself into a fight and I even told Kate that I liked her.

I still have this feeling of getting afraid to get hurt again but what choice do I have? I have fallen for Kate and I don’t intend of what happened in my past to get in the way with it. I also don’t want to Kate fall for someone like Marc. I don’t like him for Kate. I don’t know but I have the feeling that she won’t be happy if she’ll be with Marc.

What bothers me right now is, does Kate like me back? She did say to kiss her after I confessed my feelings for her but that doesn’t still say that she likes me. What if she was just caught up in the moment? That’s why she said that.

As soon as I saw her later, I will ask her if she feels the same way so that this pretend thing that we’re having will no longer exist and be something that is real.

I really like Kate and I don’t intend to let her go.

--