Chapter 7: This is so Awkward

Kate

We went back inside the cinema and I on the other hand, acted normal. I heard Beth said to them that I went to the comfort room which I didn’t even gone to but still, I thank her for the alibi.

I sat comfortably on my seat and relaxed myself. I exhaled and let everything inside my head to vanish. It’s the only thing I can do because if I can’t, it will be a bother.

“Are you okay?” He said in low tone of voice.

I nodded and kept my eyes focused on the big screen. I didn’t said a single word and act as if I was watching the stupid horror movie that I don’t even liked at all.

“Dylan, aren’t you going already?” I heard Ryan’s voice, saying those words to Dylan who was just beside him.

Why is he going? I shake my head and removed everything that was starting to formulate in it. What do I care? I don’t care if he’s gone. I would prefer if he’s out of the picture, it will make this hang out fun. What is my description of fun anyway?

Whatever. Whether if he is here or not here, I don’t care. It is because I’ll just ignore him, it’s just that simple.

Just like the times he used to follow me or start a conversation with me. Those memories are the classics. It is because at that moment, Kate Hughes is the Talk to The Hand kind of person.

“Nah. I’ll just stay with you guys. It’s not like Lindsay won’t understand.” Dylan replied.

Lindsay huh? Another collection of his Barbie dolls. What a douche. I won’t ever date that guy ever and guess what? I think my feelings for him are starting to fade.

The movie ended with an expecting ending. It’s like any other horror movie. It’s not scary and good thing that I didn’t spend my money on those tickets because if I did, I don’t think it was worth it.

We went outside and stood at the corner. It’s deciding time. What I meant was, it’s time to decide on where we shall eat dinner.

I kept my mouth shut and waited for their final decision. Not that I was expecting, the question lands on me and I doubt that I will answer an appropriate answer on their question.

“So Kate, where do you think shall we eat?” Austin gave me his pleasing smile.

I scratch my nose and diverted my eyes, I can’t think of anything and I don’t know where shall we go and eat. Why don’t they just decide? They are the ones who are going to pay the food.

“I don’t really know where. Anywhere else is fine though.” I tugged a smile on my lips.

“Okay, let’s just eat on a pizza parlor.” Ryan said, making the final decision.

We all agreed and decided to eat there. Everyone loves pizza and it’s impossible not to love it.

I sat down beside Beth. I’m glad that I was able to make the first seat before the guys because if I don’t, I’ll be sitted with either Ryan or Dylan. Worst case, both of them.

They ordered two boxes of pizza, pepperoni and cheese. As we waited for the waiter to serve the meal, Ryan started the conversation and all I do was seat still. Plus, keep quiet.

“We’ll be having a soccer game on Saturday, you guys better come.” Ryan said in a boastful manner, “Dylan and I were the best players on the soccer team.” He claims.

I doubt that.

“So, you’ll come right?” He lands his eye on both of us. Me and Beth.

“Yeah, sure. Definitely!” Beth said excitedly.