Her Cursed Mate

Da MissieA

Cursed. That's what Alpha Thaddeus of the Dark Moon pack is. Annabel knew one day the curse in his lineage wo... Altro

All Rights Reserved
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (unedited)
Chapter 18 (unedited)
Chapter 19 (unedited)
Chapter 20 (unedited)
Chapter 21 (unedited)
Chapter 22 (unedited)
Chapter 23 (unedited)
Chapter 24 (unedited)
Chapter 25 (unedited)
Chapter 26 (unedited)
Chapter 27 (unedited)
Chapter 28 (unedited)
Chapter 29 (unedited)
Chapter 30 (unedited)
Chapter 31 (unedited)
Chapter 32 (unedited)
Chapter 33 (unedited)
Chapter 34 (unedited)
Chapter 35 (unedited)
Chapter 36 (unedited)
Chapter 37 (unedited)
Epilogue
Bonus 1/3 (unedited)
Bonus 2/3 (unedited)
Bonus 3/3 (unedited)

Chapter 6

6.4K 221 20
Da MissieA

I drove for hours, disregarding my need for sleep. I couldn't help but replay the motel scene in my head. My wolf reassured me over and over again I was not to blame, but eventually she grew quiet. She knew I needed the silence. 

My stomach growled, in dire need of food. I took my eyes off the road for a moment to scan the car. All I had were granola bar wrappers and empty bags of chips. I had pretty much ate everything I had bought at the gas station earlier on. I would need to stop soon for gas and grab some sufficient grub. 

I pulled the sun visor down as the morning glare hit. Taking the next exit off the highway, I drove into the nearest town. I kept alert on nearby wolves. I truly didn't want to deal with another Alpha who in my case, might just kill me. For some odd reason Benjamin had let me off the hook but I had no doubt he had contacted Thaddeus who would soon be on his way to find me. I managed to create quite a distance between Benjamin's pack and myself but I did not want to lower my guard down yet. 

Locating a gas station, I fished in my bag for some cash. When I could only scrap together a few bills, I took out Kelsey's credit card again with a sigh. I only hoped she understood my situation. 

I sped inside the crowded station, cringing at the various scents that entered my nostrils within seconds. Covering my nose, I manuevered around grabbing whatever items I could afford. I gazed aimlessly around the store while my items were being rung up until the television set behind the counter caught my eye. Or more specifically the story being reported. 

"Authorities are on a manhunt for a female suspected for the murder of 49 year old Earl Smith. The hunt began yesterday evening when Smith was found brutally murdered in his motel building after contact with the female."

My eyes nearly bulged out of my head as images of me entering and leaving the motel were plastered for all to see. Thankfully, my face wasn't as visible as I feared it would be but the clothes I had as I exited where the same ones I was currently wearing. I darted my gaze around wondering if anyone would connect two and two together but it seemed like they were all in their own worlds. 

"Witnesses reported a verbal argument between Smith and the unknown female, followed by loud noises that woke up many of the motel's occupants."

With my heart beating out of my chest, I tapped Kelsey's card against the card machine and quickly gathered my belongings. I'm nearly out of the station when a voice shouted at me to stop. Hesitantly, I turned around to see the cashier waving a piece of paper at me. "Your receipt ma'am."

I took the receipt and thanked him before rushing on out of the store. I filled up my tank, anxiously keeping a look out on my surroundings. The motel was miles away but I had no doubt police would be making their way to this town. I got into the car, slamming the door shut in frustration. 

I would need to keep my head down even more than before and try to blend in with the public. First thing I had to do was change out of my clothes. I scoured my bag for a change of clothes, quickly removing the ones I had on. I dropped down trying to conceal myself as much as I could. I knew it was unconventional to be changing in my car at a gas station where anyone could see me but I really did not care.

I threw my used clothes in the back of the car and put my short waves in a low bun. It wasn't much of a change but it had to do for now. I shoved my bag to the side but a shiny object slipped out. I reached around under the seat, coming into contact with a familiar heart shaped pendant. I was in disbelief as I held it up. It still looked as beautiful as the day I first got it all those weeks ago. 

I remembered never taking it off after Thaddeus had given it to me until one night I had to shift. In order to keep it in one piece I removed it and hid it in the pocket of my pants. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about it afterwards because Thaddeus had rushed us into the bedroom. Staring at the beautiful necklace, tears began to welled up in my eyes. I couldn't help it. I missed him and my family. Travelling unfamiliar territory, so far away from home was not something I was used to. I craved the safe sanction the pack provided. 

For a brief moment, I considered of turning around and heading on home but I quickly snapped out of it. I had already committed too many acts to turn around now. Glancing down at the map on the dashboard, I noted the miles needed to make it to the border were less than what I needed to head back home. I was too far gone now and the only way to go was forward. With a newfound determination, I placed the necklace around my neck and exhaled. It was time to get back on the road. 

~

Many long hours later, I finally made it to the Canadian border. 

My determination was now replaced with apprehensiveness. I had never crossed the border before so I was unsure of what to expect. I knew they would absolutely ask for identification which I didn't have. An idea came to mind and as I doubted myself, I realised there really was no other choice. I drove carefully up to the checkpoint and rolled down my window. 

"Hello," I greeted, handing over Kelsey's license card. The man in the booth reached for the card but hesitated. I turned to him curiously, watching his eyes narrow. It took me all but half a second to realise he was a wolf. My eyebrows shot up surprised. He was a wolf yet he had the odour of a human. He must be around lots of humans then in order to mask his scent that well. I briefly wondered if the other people in the booths were werewolves as well. 

He took the card, eyes darting between me and the image in his hand. Finally, he rolled his eyes with a sigh. "You know you look nothing like the lady this card actually belongs to right?"

It was worth a try. Wincing, I took the card back as he crossed his arms over his chest. "What is your reason to cross the border."

"I have family in Canada that I need to see," it wasn't a lie. Whoever this Florence person was, they could be family. "Listen you know I would not be putting myself in danger if I didn't have to. I really need to cross the border."

He pondered over my words, leaving me an anxious mess. My wolf perked up, insinuating that I command him into letting me enter Canada. It wasn't the worse idea but I truly didn't want to do it unless it was my last option. 

The man finally exhaled, lifting the gate up. "It's your funeral."

I attempted to thank him but he only motioned me forward. I blew out the air I was subconsciously holding in and drove on through. 

I was finally in Canada!

The hard part was done and over with. Now I needed to find this Florence woman. Another task on my endless to do list but I was proud I could finally scratch one off. From the sign I passed I was now in Abbotsford, British Columbia. I couldn't help the grin on my face.  

I pulled to the side of the road, folding my map into smaller sections so I could focus on my current location. Trailing my finger along the map, I realised I had just a couple more miles to go to reach Agassiz.  Now I was wondering how on earth I would find this Florence Knox person. It's not like I could drive around calling their name. 

A chilling realisation came to mind. What if this Florence person was deceased and all this had been for nothing? What then? I would have to return to my pack where Thaddeus may beat me into a coma or worse. Was I destined to the same fate as the past Luna's.

My wolf snapped me out of my spirals. We needed to focus on what we could handle right now. If what I feared was true, then we would deal with it when the time came. For now, we still had to drive to the town of Agassiz. 

Dusk was beginning to dawn and driving in the night filled me up with unease. I briefly pondered if I should find a place to sleep but I scratched that idea. It was too much of a risk for my safety. I shut my eyes for a second wanting nothing more than to fall asleep but I knew better. I was in foreign territory and any wolf regardless of status would try to eliminate me swiftly. I had to be on guard. 

The wolf at the border seemed almost sure I would meet my demise here. I sighed, wishing I had known what pack I may have wandered into. That would have prepared me at least. I pulled out a snack and munched on the crunchiness of dorito chips. I really wanted nothing more than a home cooked meal but gas station snacks would have to do for now. I drank the last few sips of my water bottle and prepared myself for the road ahead. 

As I drove down the road, I rubbed my tender head. I had an oncoming headache but I doubt it had anything to do with the concussion Thaddeus had given me. I should've been healing already due to my fast acting healing. The headache was probably coming from my lack of sleep. I contemplated pulling to the side of the empty road for a brief nap but I had to push through. I was too close. 

I rubbed my scalp as the pounding in my head became relentless. The pounding began to build up just as an odd scent waffled in the air. It took me all but a second to recognise that pounding wasn't in my head. I jerked the car to the side just as three wolves came out from the dark, blocking my way. They snarled, lips curled up while baring their teeth. I knew there was no way I'd be able to out drive them but I couldn't help it anyways. I had to get out of this mess. 

I backed the car up but something collided from behind, thrusting me forward. Angry, I stomped on the accelerator and drove forward as the wolves jumped out in time. I heard one release a bark and I knew they were calling for reinforcements. 

They all caught up to me within seconds. I attempted to dodge them, jerking the car left and right but my attempts were futile. As I sped down the road, my eyebrows shot up at the sign in front. I tried to slow down and prepare myself for the sharp turn up ahead. It seemed the wolves had a different plan because I felt a powerful force collide with the back of my car once again.

Everything happened faster than I could process. 

The sound of squealing tires seemed louder than ever on the empty road. The car slammed into the sign and my world became unhinged as I tumbled off the side of the road. Glass shattered piercing my flesh all over as a force thrust into my chest. The taste of metallic erupted in my mouth just as the car came to a stop.

I couldn't breathe. My ears were ringing and my eyes kept falling shut. I could only smell gasoline and the stench of blood filled the car. I coughed up blood. The pressure in my head pulsed even harder. I looked around the interior of the car unsure why my perspective had shifted. 

I became aware that I was physically upside down. With trembling hands, I tugged on my seat belt but it only dug into the side of my neck. I screamed as the seat belt gave out and I fell on top of the shards of glass. 

I could hear hushed voices and numerous footsteps making their way closer. Fear racked my body as I realised what was about to happen. Tears sprung up as I attempted to crawl my way out of the wreck. This couldn't happen, not yet. 

Black spots dotted my vision and I fought valiantly to stay awake. My wolf joined forces with me but it was no use. My body gave out just as we descended into the dark.

THADDEUS 

Something was off. Other than the fact my mate was missing, something was physically uncomfortable. I clenched my teeth, rubbing the side of my forehead. I felt a pair of eyes on me but I ignored them, focusing on the large scale map spread out on the table.

"Alpha are you alright?" I tensed up, circling potential regions where Annabel may be. With a sigh, I grabbed the bottle of whiskey but an excruciating pain brought me to my knees. My wolf snarled, the threatening sound escaping from me. Jay came closer, mouth moving but I heard nothing from him. I furiously shoved my chair out of my way as something dug into my neck.

I held onto my head until the pain became tolerable after a few moments. Slowly getting to my full height, I glared down at the table. I had my suspicions on what caused the pain but I did not want to think too hard on it. My back had suddenly gone stiff but I knew it was only an echo of pain. I was aware of Jay, Kelsey, and Scott all watching me closely now.

The phone rang just as I ran a hand through my hair. I ignored it, thinking back to what may have caused Annabel pain. But her bruised face only came to mind. A feeling arose within me no matter how many times I shoved it aside. I distinctly recognised it as guilt but for some odd reason a part of me would not let me engage with it. The phone rang once again and I only snarled. My wolf was even more easily tempered than usual and Annabel was to blame. 

"What?" I growled into the phone.

"I'm assuming this is Alpha Thaddeus of the Dark Moon's pack," a baritone voice answered.

"And who is asking?"

"Alpha Benjamin of the Red Wolf pack."

I had no idea why he was calling nor did I care. I met him a couple years ago when he became Alpha after his mother. We've done previous business together but it was a one time deal. Quite frankly, his call was coming at a crap time. If he needed help again, he would have to wait. 

"I'm busy right now," I growled.

"I met your mate Grace Bernard," he continued without a care. "If that even was her name."

For a moment, I was puzzled. That name sounded familiar and after a few moments of deep thinking, the memory finally hit me.

~

"Let's play a game," said Annabel as we laid in bed, sweat glistening off of our bodies. I pulled her closer, but she shifted, throwing a leg over me to straddle. I glanced down at the suggestive position we were in, trailing my fingers up and down her spine. She leaned over, placing one hand on either side of my head. 

"I like this game already." I leaned up, trailing my tongue over her plump breasts. Her eyes slowly shut as she released a moan. Squeezing her hips, I readied myself to switch positions but she suddenly jerked up, hands firmly on my chest.

"This is a different game," she twiddled her fingers, eyes darting around nervously. I sat up straighter, unsure of where this was going. Maybe she wanted to try something different in the bed, my wolf had suggested. I was fine with whatever she had planned but I drew a line when it came to who and what would go in. I grew even more anxious as her silence drowned on.

"I don't have a name for it yet," she finally spoke. "But the way it goes is this. We each take on a different persona and tell each other what we want, future wise."

At the look on my face, she bit down on her lip. "So I would say my name is Grace Bernard and you would say..."

I was still unsure about this game. It did not seem like there was any logic in it whatsoever and it came up at an odd time. I answered anyway. "My name is Thaddeus."

Her face turned a deep shade of red. That did not seem to be what she wanted to hear because she got off of me. "You know, actually, this was a dumb game. I shouldn't have-"

She trailed off, pulling the duvet covers up to her chest. She turned her back to me but I caught a glimpse of her face still turning as red as ever. It did not take a blind person to tell she was embarrassed and I was to blame. Comfort her! My wolf was upset I had caused our mate to feel this way around us.

"You know what?" I leaned over. "Let's start all over."

She shook her head, still facing away from me. "Goodnight."

~

I still remembered the confusion I felt in those few moments. I did not understand the concept of her game and when I asked her about it the next morning, she shrugged it off as if nothing had happened. 

"What did she want?"

Benjamin sighed. "You should know. She said she was on some sort of pack business, which is why I'm calling."

He paused. "Whatever business you have is yours. But when it involves trespassing onto my land, that is an act of war. I had every right to kill-"

"If you laid a hand on her-" My temper arose as I snarled into the phone. All eyes were on me on my office.

"I didn't," he growled back. "But if I had, it would had been justified."

"Where is she now?"

"She was escorted north out of my pack on interstate 35."

We need to get to her soon, my wolf growled. I agreed with him.

I made notes on the map in front of me, circling the distance between Benjamin's pack and mine. Jay, Kelsey, and Scott huddled around me silently observing. I made a point along interstate 35.

"I'm assuming you'll be making a trip through my pack too?"

Taking my silence as a yes, we bid each other farewell and hung up. I turned to the three Betas, all awaiting orders.

"Gather a search group," I ordered. "We're going to go find my mate."

When nobody moved, I growled this time enforcing a command in my words. That seemed to do the trick because they hurried out of the room. I glared hard at the map in front of me, trailing my gaze along Annabel's path. Rather than come back to me when I found her with Kelsey, my mate had decided to run away. I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth.

She must be dealt with.

She had to be.

The distinctive voice at the back of my mind kept reappearing ever so often. At first I was unsure of where it had came from but now I realised it had been with me all along. It lingered, waiting underneath my wolf's conscious as well as mine for the perfect opportunity to make its appearance.

This same voice was there when I had brutally attacked my mate and Beta. It could not had been a coincidence. That sinister voice, the short temper, the uncontrolled rage I had toward Annabel. It was my worse fear finally coming to power. And a startling realisation hit me. While a fraction of me worried, the other side, this new side of mine, the unknown, did not care. 

Not even a little bit.

Comment. Vote. Fan.

MissieA 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

141K 5.4K 70
"I want her." he said coldly sipping onto his wine staring at the grey eyed enchantress standing in front of him taking in her curves and flawless sm...
85.2K 3.4K 42
As her pack teeters on the brink of collapse Genesis must do whatever it takes to save her she-wolves from the mass mate rejections they are facing a...
2.4M 76.1K 57
- Although this story is being rewritten, there won't major changes to the story just the grammar and the structure. It is safe to read!- * Amma Ma...
143 1 9
Alaric Greystone is Alpha to the Snow Moon Pack located in the wilderness of Northern Alaska. His pack was smaller than most with only 18 members, bu...