Maybe This Time

By jadeycaneee

Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N liv... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
BOOK 2

Chapter 16

5.9K 212 23
By jadeycaneee

Y/N's POV

"Ready to go?" I ask Vicky who's checking on her bag if she gets everything she needs. "Do I look okay?" She asks. "You look more than okay, V," I said and smile at her. "What's the occasion?" She asks as she puts her nude lipstick on her lips.

"Lucas said he has something to announce so I agree and I decide to bring you with me and for you to know him" I explain. She tilts her head and narrows her brows, "Lucas? I heard his name before, is he your friend?" I nod at her and hug her from behind, "yup, remember when I got into the hospital and my knuckles are bleeding, well his bastard ex go to him and beat him to death" I told her and she nods.

"Your ready to go or do you need more time to prepare? I can wait" I asked her and watch her movements. She gives me a thumbs up and gets her bag. "Let me take care of your bag," I said and carry it for her. I leaned my hands to her and she happily took it.

We made our to the elevator, I hold her in her shoulders and her hand's snake to my waist. I'm not going to deny this but im getting deja vu.

"Check every hour on my patient Olivia if something changes then put in the chart, make sure her IVs are still aligned and her platelets are in normal. Can you do that?" I ask the intern who I assign since I have errands to do. He nods, "yes doc. I note everything you ask," he said.

"Take it easy, they are still babies," Vicky said. "I know but they have to learn" I answer. "Don't pout, it's hard to resist that" I complain. "Then don't resist" I smirk as I talk to the nurse, "I will be back after 2 hours maybe. Yes, thank you" I said and put my pen in my pocket. "Behave, Vicky. You're in the hospital," I said slowly leaning to meet her ears, "you're already whoring yourself to me? That's not a good girl behavior, right sweetie?" her breathing hitched.

We got into the parking lot and Lucas text me the address of the restaurant. The woman beside me still flushed. "You okay there?" I tease knowing she's not okay and she's getting needy. "No, ma'am" she answers. "Oh, now you're being a good girl?" I asked her as I start the engine and turn the steering wheel. I saw her nod in my peripheral vision. "Then be good girl, I might consider rewarding you before I get you home"

-----

I parked my car, helping her in her seat belt. I get out first to open her door so I could assist her. I take off my coat and place it on her when I saw her shiver when the cold breeze hit her bare skin.

I immediately spot Lucas waving at us. "You okay?" I asked her, making sure she's comfortable. "Yes, let's go," she said, she seem excited to meet my friends.

"So you're Vicky? Lucas asks and offers her hand. "Yes, and you're Lucas" as they introduce themselves. "You forgot about me?" I ask them and receive a chuckle from them. I dramatically gasp and put my hand in my chest.

"So what happens and you decide to treat us a dinner?" I inquire looking at the menu. He puts the menu down and stares at us. "Remember when I asked you about my proposal? Well, they accept it and I'm now their newly hired architect." He happily announces. "Congrats, man," I said and hug him. "Deserve"

(Y/N on the right side, while Vicky is in the middle and Lucas, is in an orange sweatshirt)

"Cheers!" Lucas announced and tossed our glass with champagne. "Congratulation again Lucas" I mumble as I drink.

We spent the night talking, mostly him and Vicky talking. I watch them as they vibe. My hands found it's way to Vicky's hand, she smile and hold it tighter.

I never imagine being with someone again after being broken and left with nothing but tears in my eyes. I surround myself with blocks, guarding my heart so much that I forgot how to love and to feel love. I push the people who are trying to meet me because im afraid that if I let them be part of my life, the cycle repeat; im alone again.

For staying here for two weeks, being with the kid who's my past lover had, I feel heartbroken again, that I wish that's my kid, I wish we had more time and that she didn't leave me. That I wish she's still mine. But there's also a part of me telling me that I need to let her go for me to move on.

For you to grow, you have to accept the things you can't control and accept the fact that you can't do anything to bring back the time and go let go. To move on, to move forward. To start over again.

----

We decide to roam the place, laughing and giggling in uncertain directions, just letting our feet do the choice where we go.

I spot an ice cream parlor, it's my treat now. "Go order what you two want, my treat now," I said, they both cheer like a child.

"Thanks for the ice cream," Lucas said,  I smile and nod, "you're welcome." I gaze at Vicky who's busy with her ice cream, I wipe some excess vanilla on her lips and look at her in the eyes.

"I'm here? Hello? Have some respect for a single and lonely person like me." Lucas interrupts us, I chuckle at his words. I smirk and take a smack on Vicky's lips. "You're done. You're done" Lucas announced and stood up, walking away.

"Y/N!" Vicky whispered yell and slap my shoulder. I just laugh and make a peace sign. She just shook her head grab my hands.

"Why did I even choose this?" Lucas huff in annoyance. "Don't worry, you will find someone who will treat you so well because you deserve it" I told him. "Why not now?" He asks. "Because you're not ready and the universe wants you to do the things that you love before you commit so you won't have regrets" I explain. "Thank you and thank you for the ice cream," he muttered.

"Congratulations again, Lucas. It's my treat for the next dinner date" Vicky said and hug Lucas. "Fine by me, but stop being so cute couples. It's making me cry, gag, and scream" I hug Lucas and grin, "no promises" he scoffs. "Shoosh, I'm done being the third wheel, drive safe. Inform me when you two got home safe" he uttered. "You too, text me when you get home," I told him and get inside the car.

"Home or hospital?" Vicky asks, getting her seat belt on. "Hospital but I will take you home first," I said. "Okay. I enjoy the night" I gaze at her and gleam, "im glad that you enjoy," I told her and kiss her in the cheeks.

The drive went smoothly, I heard a soft snore beside me. She indeed enjoys the night. I park my car and carefully carry her in a bridal way. She instantly clings her arms to my neck and snuggles close to me as I walk inside her house.

I use my foot to open the door, carefully lay her on the soft mattress. I take off her shoes and her coat, I admire her face and enclose her body with the covers. I kissed her forehead and turn off the lamp. "Good night, Vicky" I mumble. "Good night, Y/N" she murmured, a smile creeping on my face

I start my car and drive back to the hospital. I get my extra clothes in the compartment of my car to change. It's my navy blue scrub for attending. 

"How is she?" I ask my intern and read the chart. "She doing well, her platelets are still going normal, fever low down but we keep the cool fever in her forehead to make sure. Her vitals are stable, we remove the oxygen mask since she said she can breathe properly and I checked her EKG and it's normal. I replace a new IV bag. And she's asking about you, doc." He explains. "Thank you, you can now rest and alert when I page you," I told him, and he nodded.

"But mommy, where's Y/N?" I heard Olivia ask her when im outside her room. I let them talk. "She's out for a while, baby but you need to go to sleep so we can go home." Scarlett trying to convince her but I heard her cute huff. "But I want her here, mommy please" she pleads, "no more buts missy, you have to sleep. You don't want mommy?" She asks. "Not like that, but I want her to be with us, can you call her?" I heard Scarlett sigh and I decide to knock to help her with the kid.

"Y/N!" She yelled happily and make a grabby hand. "Hi, I heard you're looking for me is that right?" I asked and put down the chart on the table. "Yes, can you tuck me in bed like you did when you got me? Please" she asked nicely with matching puppy eyes and a pout that make you feel guilty if you said no. "Bubs, Y/N might be busy," Scarlett said. I look at her green eyes, "it's fine, I don't have anything to do" 

I place myself beside her, she cuddles close to me. I carefully place her hand in my tummy so the IV won't hurt her. "You feel sleepy?" I feel her nod against my chest.

She raise her head to her mom, "mommy, join here please" I saw Scarlett froze in her spot and hesitation overcome her body, "it's fine, come here" she just stare at me in shock. I don't know what im doing but im not gonna lie, I enjoy this.

She slowly walks towards us and lay down to the other side. I feel her gazing towards me so I look at her too, then she looks away. "Better" I heard Olivia mumble. "Sleep well, little one," I said. "Good night mommy and Y/N" then she closed hed eyes going for a ride to the dreamland.

We both heard quite snores and I smile while looking at Olivia. Until she subconsciously moves her hands to get her mother's hands wrapped around her and to me. She look shocked from the sudden movement and tensed up when her hand reached my waist. I feel a tingle inside my stomach at the unexpected contact.

"Loosen up, I won't bite," I said and look at her. "Good night," she said and hiding her face from me. "Good night" I repeat.

I watch her as she slowly falls asleep. I tuck the loose strands of her hair. I didn't know im smiling until I feel my cheeks are aching.

"I don't know what im doing but I want to talk to you about us so I will free myself and I could love someone. And im afraid to do it, im scared for your answers. I'm scared that if I know everything I found myself falling." I said looking at her calm sleeping face. I look furthermore and I close my eyes feeling the warmth in my stomach and the coldness of my heart.

_______________

Well, I only attend four classes today and I feel sleepy so I will give you all an update. Olivia will make the moves to get her parents back.

Will they get back though?

And oh if you have any suggestions or anything comment on it, im reading your comments and ill do everything in my power to give you what you want to read😉

See you in the next chapter.
-jade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5.1K 55
New book cover y/n y/l/n a.k.a. the new Scarlett Johansson. There's a new actress that is in Scarlett's eyes she stole her spot. she's the new highes...
60.6K 1.6K 22
[SHORT STORY | COMPLETED] {In short: Your dad's new relationship is getting serious which means you have to meet his girlfriend. Little do you know i...
3.9K 108 29
Y/N (female reader) x Natasha Romanoff x Wanda Maximoff Please read my other published stories.... 👇🏻🎀 "The Woman in Between: A Tale of Love, Hear...
73.1K 2.9K 20
Sequel to Best Friends Married for three years, Y/N and Scarlett Johansson's marriage is tested when they started struggling with their relationship...