Maybe This Time

By jadeycaneee

Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N liv... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
BOOK 2

Chapter 11

6.8K 249 48
By jadeycaneee

Y/N's POV

"Do you enjoy the movie?" I asked Vicky who's holding my waist as I kept her close by her shoulder. "Yes, how do you know I love action films?" She asked me. "You said that on the first day we met," I said to her. She stops walking and I stare at her confused. "What? Did I say something bad?" I asked her and a smile crept on her face.

"You remember that?" She inquires. I tilt my head and nod, "of course. You also said you don't like pineapple in a pizza and you like peanut butter. You also told me that you received the highest honor back in your high school. You like sleeping on the left side of the bed and you like roaming around without exact direction and you also shared that your hamster died when you were 8 years old." I explained. Her smile went wide and kissed me. My eyes widen in shock by that move. "Your paying attention to my nonsense rants?" She asks in disbelief. "Hey, it's not nonsense. And stop saying that, if that's important to you then I want to know more" I said and holding her back to me.

"You want to know more?" She implored. "Yes, we have a lot of time so go ahead," I said. I keep her close to me while we took a ride on the elevator.  "How about you tell me about yourself?" She suggests. "What do you want to know?" I asked her. "Anything"

"My father left us when I was five and my sister when she was two years old. And that day is my birthday. The mistress came in and dragged my dad. She said she's pregnant and my mom is pregnant at that time too but she didn't say it. I just stood there watching the fight while my little sister is with our nanny. I don't feel anything at that point. The mistress gives my dad a choice her or my mom. Mom counters back and she said if she chooses her he won't see us again. The mistress made a scene that she 'almost' lost their baby so dad choose her. She chooses her over us. Mom crying on the floor and holding her tummy because my little brother is there. It's supposed to be a happy birthday but I expect too much. From that day on I didn't celebrate my birthday" I told her. She glances at me in an apologetic look. She hugged me at the elevator open.

I saw a familiar face but I didn't recognize it. It's just she looks so familiar to me. I shrugged it off and take Vicky's hand. "Did you meet him again?" Vicky asks. "No, I don't have any idea where he is and it's good. I don't want to meet him anymore" I said.

"I've graduated from medicine at the age of 19 and work for my residency program for 3 years and fellowship for 2 years. I got a job offer in Seattle but I didn't get it. I don't want to be away from her at that time so I stick here in NY. I have twin siblings, well one of them joined the army with our uncles. I have 2 pairs of twin nieces and nephews. Our family is quite big, and I want you to meet them soon." I told her. I saw her getting nervous at the thought of her meeting my family so I grab her hand.

"Don't worry, you will meet them when you were ready to meet them. I won't rush you. I got you" I said. "It's new to me. I never got that assurance and the thought that they would like me to meet their family. Though my family knows them. I never got the chance to experience that." She told me. "Why do you settle for that?" I ask her. "Because I thought they are just not ready and I understand. And I loved them to question it."

"Where do you want to eat?" I ask her. "I'm craving pasta," she said. I looked at her, is she? Am I going to be a parent now? "I'm not pregnant yet." She said. My shoulder fell in disappointment. "You want to be a mother don't you?" She asked. "Of course. I mean im stable in every aspect and I think im ready to have little kids running around the house" I told her. "You're going to be the best mother every child needs. Even though you didn't meet them yet, I can feel the overflowing love you will shower them"

"Why not we go to the grocery and cook for me in your house?" She suggests. "That's a good idea because I need to go to buy stocks on the house"

----

She pushed the cart and I put the stuff in it. "What kind of pasta do you want me to cook?" I asked her. "Carbonara will be fine" I nod at her. We walk to the aisle where all the sauce and pasta are there.

We get everything we need. We go directly to the cashier to pay. "Do you crave for something else?" I ask her, she shook her head. I pay for the grocery and get the bags. I hold her hands as we go to the parking lot.

"You've been quiet, did I do something wrong?" I ask her as I assist her with her seatbelt. "You said you almost get married right?" She inquires first. I nod at her, "what if you meet her again? Are you going to leave me too?", "no. I won't do that to you. She's part of the past that I don't want to remember. I didn't know her. For almost 6 years, I think I accept the fact that she is not for me. I already accept it. I don't want to use you for my healing process, I want to heal myself by myself. That's why im not making it official that we are dating because I want to secure myself first so I won't hurt you. But at the same time not leaving you by healing myself."

"I'm not leaving you like the people we met. I'm staying with you even if the situation is too much to handle. I'm staying whether you like it or not"  I said and kissed her forehead. "Sorry for ruining the mood, it's just-", "don't be sorry, it's fine to know what you feel so I know what should I do"

"I still don't get why she left you. You're every woman wished to be with and here she has left you in your wedding day", "maybe she didn't wish to have some like me"

The ride when smoothly, we shared our embarrassing moments when we were teens. The things we like and didn't. On how we bond with our family. We also shared the part of our past. We shared laughs and giggles. I feel comfortable with her. I want to be with her.

"You can use my clothes if you want to get change," I said to her helping her to remove her booths. "Is that okay? These jeans are not comfy anymore." She whines. I give her slippers and guide her in my room. "Just get what you want to wear, I'll wait for you in the kitchen," I said.

I headed downstairs to give her privacy. And started to prepare the carbonara she's been craving. I boil water to cook the pasta for 10 mins. While on the other pan I cook bacon bits to render the fat. I get a bowl to transfer the cooked bacon.

I heard footsteps going to the kitchen. I turn around a saw her with my oversized t-shirt and boxer shorts. "My clothes look better to you than me." She smiled and walked towards me. "Thank you for letting me borrow your clothes." She said. "Well, you can give me a kiss for a thank you," I said shrugging my shoulder. She laughs at me and said "you just have to say you want a kiss"

She's about to kiss me in kissed but I turn my head just in time to meet her lips. Her mouth fell open and I cheered and punched the air. "You snitch"

After that flirting she decides to help me, she sautés the garlic at the same pan. She poured the water and the all-purpose cream. As she stirs she put cheese on it and lets it simmer. I'm taking a bit of bacon to my mouth. She just shook her head at my antics. I watched her put seasonings and pepper.

I drained the pasta and tossed it with the sauce. I put bacon bits as toppings. I told her to sit as I served her food. I let her take the first bite. "This is now my favorite so you have to cook this to me always," she said and take another bite. "Anytime"

I eat with her. I give her orange juice. I laughed at how messy she eats and wipe the sauces left on the side of her lips.

She insists to wash the plates and told me to clean the table. We worked together. I get us a snack and heated the cookies in the fridge. I let her choose the movie.

"What movie do you choose?" I asked her and settled myself on the couch. I place the food and drinks on the table. "I just scrolling and I found this, avengers: age of Ultron" I take a deep breath. "Do you watch it already?" She inquires. Many times, when I was with her. "No. You want to watch it?" I asked her. "Are you a Marvel fan?" Before, but now I don't know. "I watch some of the movies"

We agreed to watch it. She didn't know that my almost wife is there playing the role of once was my comfort character.

The movie starts to play so as the memory we've shared.

"Dang, that costume goods on you" I compliment her. We're inside of the trailer as her makeup artist do their things for her. "And here we found Y/N Y/L/N is a simp" Mackie tease. "Who wouldn't be?" I counter back. "I mean look at her. I should call heaven" I said. They all look at me confused including her, "why?" Lizzie asked. "Because an angel escape," I said. "Oh here we go again," RDJ said and faced palm. "Another episode of Y/N cheesy pick up lines for her one and only Scarlett Johansson," Hemsworth said.

I shook my head and walk towards her ignoring their tease. "This ain't smooth but im sure your lips are," I said. I saw her blush and I stole a kiss from her. "GET A ROOM!" they all shout. "Then get out!" I yelled. We both laugh. I look at her and shake her head while smiling.

"Kick their ass, honey!" I cheered earning giggles and chuckles from the crew. I watched her do the amazing stunts and how she enjoy the moment of filming. I take stolen pictures of her and post them on my Instagram.

It's now her break, I give her an open water bottle and tissue. "Are you hungry?" I asked her. "I want brownies," she said. I nod and run to her trailer and get the brownies.

She eats it like there's no tomorrow. "Slow down," I said. "Your brownies won't go anywhere except your stomach"

"You don't have work to do?" She asked. "I have worked here, to take care of my fiance," I said and she smiled and kissed my cheeks. "Thank you for that but I want a kiss on the lips," I said. She playfully slaps my shoulder, "so demanding" and finally kisses me on the lips.

"Y/N?" Vicky called me to bring me back to my senses. "Yes?" I said. "Are you okay?", "yes, why would I?" Why im having a flashback of the past that I didn't want to remember. Im fine a minute ago but when something came up that reminds me of her it will trigger the memory lane.

"You're lost. Are you tired? We can go to sleep"  she suggests I nod immediately. We clean first the living room before proceeding to the bedroom.

I changed my clothes, I wear a white t-shirt and sweatpants. I saw her waiting for me in the middle of the bed. I get deja vu.

I settled myself on her chest. "You can talk to me if something is bothering you but I won't force you to tell it to me now. Take your time" she said and I nod against her chest. I closed my eyes and let the sound of her heartbeat bring me to the dreamland.

Scarlett's POV

I try to find her on any social media platform but I fail. Until I saw a tweet from a fan about her showing up.

I don't know if this is true but I hope she's not with someone else. I hope the user is wrong and the one who takes this picture.

I want her to come back. I want her back. All I want is her.

As I scroll down I spot another picture of her that I wish I didn't. The pain ripped me in half, broken sobs escape my lips. Tears uncontrollably fall.

I regret everything I did to her, but I didn't regret loving her. I'm still in love with her and I ruined it because I'm so coward.

Give me another chance and I won't take it for granted. Take me back to her embrace again, I will pay and give everything just to experience what that girl has.

________

Be careful what you wished for. It's my first time trying this, it also helps me to put the things in my mind. Buckle up, Scarlett wished something she would regret. Or not?

See you in the next chapter.
-jade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 6.6K 28
A story between Scarlett Johansson and Y/N L/N. Y/N is a thirty-five year old actress. She has everything that she ever dreamed of. She's got amazin...
70K 2.8K 31
Book 2 "it's not mama" it's supposed to be a fun night but why does it turn into a nightmare? Why? "Get back here, Olivia! We're not done talking"...
136K 5.2K 55
New book cover y/n y/l/n a.k.a. the new Scarlett Johansson. There's a new actress that is in Scarlett's eyes she stole her spot. she's the new highes...
733K 25.3K 101
Y/n is on her way to New York to start a new life there. On the train she meets a blonde woman and her daughter. They start to talk and turns out, th...