Maybe This Time

By jadeycaneee

Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N liv... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
BOOK 2

Chapter 5

7.1K 283 42
By jadeycaneee

Y/N'S POV

I wake up at 10 am, cook myself a plain breakfast, and proceed to get myself ready since I will wander around New York this day.

I wear a white t-shirt and simple black jeans with white shoes. I get my bag and ride my car. I don't have an exact location to go so I let my hands a steering wheel lead the way.

As I drive across the city of New York my mind mindlessly plays another memory of her. Fuck this.

As I drive down the street, images of her with me walking is striking in my head. Forcing me to see what I had in the past.

The way she clung to my arms and my hands around her waist, securing her that I'm not going anywhere without her. I look away and turn my attention to the road.

First I went to Time Square and saw many hotels and theaters. All the lights are on and the street, despite its large size, is crowded with cars and people. I felt the fast life on this street. We do dates here, we watch theater acts and movies together. Go to our favorite restaurant to eat and talk non-sense, make each other laugh until our jaw hurts. Holding hands, kissed her when I get a chance. Contented on what I had.

I take a break. I go to drive through at McDonald's. I get myself an Iced coffee and 20 pieces of McNuggets. I stop at the nearest park and eat alone.

This is the perks of being an over-thinker, you can't stop yourself thinking about your past and future. You can't stop thinking about that person who you trust with your entire life then left you without saying the exact reason why. That person who promised you to stay through good times and bad times left you in your darkest days. That person who will love you without thinking if you can reciprocate the love that she gave will still love you no matter what happened.

Promises are made to be broken. Don't say promises in a situation that's convenient for you. Don't say you'll stay when you feel okay. Don't make her feel bad about her flaws and imperfections. Don't make promises if you're going to break them. Don't make promises if you can't keep them.

-----

I decided to pass by Central Park and spend the most time there until the morning. We go here to do a picnic and just lay around. We go to the lake and feed the ducks. Play with children. I have so many memories here that I can't find myself throwing them away.

I bring her here when she's exhausted from work, I lay a picnic table cloth, place her head in my lap, playing with her hair. We didn't talk, but I make sure she felt that I'm here, always. I play her a song with my guitar, just to make her calm. Hugged her and let her cry on my shoulder.

----

I lose the track of time and I found myself at the church where our vows and I do's will happen. The church where I'm going to marry her.

I walk to the altar, alone, again. I take a deep breath and take a sit. I roam my eyes on this place, still, the church but some of the parts are new.

"I may be stupid to ask this to you but how is she?" I ask Him. "Is she doing okay? How is her life? Did she been married here?" I chuckle painfully.

"Why did she do this to me? The only things I do to her is to love her, give her everything she deserved but in return, I get a broken heart? What did I do to deserve this? Did I do something bad and this is my karma?" I ask Him again, broken sobs escape on my lips. "What did I do to her to leave me here? On our wedding day?" I let myself cry in the pain.

I thought when I accept this it won't hurt anymore because I already moved on. I thought going back to this place will make me feel okay because I already accepted the fact that she didn't love me. But I was wrong, so wrong.

---

I parked my car at my mom's house. They didn't know I will be here this day since I told mom I won't be here any time soon.

I knocked at the door, waiting for them to open it. Then my sibling opens it. "This is why I don't like skipping meals, I'm hallucinating." Sarah said and closed the door on my face. This bitch.

I knocked again and wait for her to open the door. When she opened the door, I hurriedly stop her from closing it again to my face. "You're not hallucinating, dumbass," I said. I heard her gasp and throw herself at me. Thank God I'm working out.

"Who's that?" I heard a voice. I smiled at them and throw them at me. Oh, God. I can't breathe anymore

"I can't breathe," I said. We're already laying on the floor, my back hurts from the fall I have because of them.

"We miss you, Y/N," Nicole said, the youngest. "It's obvious guys, on how you yeet yourself to me," I said sarcastically. We go inside, they cling themselves to me.

I saw my mom in the kitchen cooking something. "Hi, Mom" I greet her. I saw her smile and hug me. I hug her back. "How's the flight?" She asks me. My sisters were sit beside me and listen. "Like a normal flight," I said. "How long you'll stay here?" Nicole ask. "Two months. The doctor's conference will start tomorrow afternoon." I said.

While mom cooks, my sister drags me to the living room to have some chitchats about my life in LA. I only told them about my work but the other things I keep to myself.

We eat lasagna that mom cooked. We throw jokes and tease each other. Mom serves as referee. We insist to wash the dishes, well we didn't only wash the dishes, we make puddles around the kitchen cause mom to pinch our ears.

"Sarah started splashing waters," I said and pointing Sarah. "Traitor," she said and I laughed at her. Mom glared at me causing me to shut my mouth. I heard Nicole giggle.

Since mom is mad, we clean the mess we made. Still being playful around. After we clean the kitchen, mom ask if she can talk to me so I agreed.

She made my favorite coffee, and sit beside me. "How's your staying here? I want the truth." She asks. I sigh, I can't lie to her, she knows me so well. "Memories from the past are hunting me. Everywhere and anywhere I go, the memory with her play like a movie in my head. It still hurts." I said to her and look down at my coffee.

"I know you will be mad at me if I ask this, do you have any news about her?" I ask her, not looking at her eyes. "I don't have, when you left we cut her off. I don't have any clue how is she" she said. I frowned and nodded. "You have to move on, you know that right?" She asked. I faintly nod.

"Whatever you want to do, I support you. You grew up, you know what's good for you and not. I let you decide, but think about yourself this time. Sometimes it's okay to be selfish." She said. I stand up and hugged her.

I bid goodbye and said I'll be here tomorrow after the conference. I text Lucas asking if he's free and I want to drink. He said he's at the bar drinking too. He texted me the address and I drove my way there.

--

As I open the door of the club, I was greeted by loud music, people dancing in the middle of the room. I immediately spot Lucas talking to a random dude.

I sit beside him, "may I have three shots of tequila?" I ask the bartender. I watch Lucas and how bored is he with this old man flirting with him. I chuckled. "Excuse me? Can I have my friend now?" I asked him. I raised my brows and stare at him. He gets the signal and leaves.

"Thank you for saving me, he's boring," he said. When my drink is here, I drink it right away. The alcohol lingers in my throat down to my body. "How many shots do you have?" I ask him. He counts to his hand and giggles, "I lose the count." I shook my head. I take another shot.

I don't have a plan to get drunk and wake up in a stranger's bed, so the three-shot is okay with me. I have a drunk Lucas to take care of.

One last shot. I feel myself getting hot. And my bestie here is wasted. I'm about to get him when a random girl talks to me.

"You're going already?" She asks. I must say she's looking good, but im not interested. "Yeah, my dude here is wasted" I answer not wanting to be rude. She walked towards me, put something in my hands, and whisper to my ears "call me if you want something to get rid of your stress, hottie" she said, bitting her lips and winking at me before she leaves. Damn. It's a card number, I put it in my pocket.

I put Lucas's hand on my shoulder and carry him towards the exit. Lucas is heavy and we accidentally bump into someone, I didn't get to see her face because of the party lights. "Sorry," I said and proceed to walk.

Scarlett's POV

I walked to the club with the cast. Wanting to unwind and get rid of the tiredness we have. I just got out of the restroom when someone bumps into me. I felt something familiar until I hear her voice. That voice. It's so familiar.

I feel the beat of my heart against my chest. Is that her? Or I'm tipsy and think that she's here? I may be tipsy. Or I just missed her.

__________

A small world. Would they get to see each other again? What will happen to Y/N if she saw the loved of her life? Oh no.

Have a great day ahead.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.7K 4.1K 31
A story between Scarlett Johansson and Y/N L/N. Y/N L/N is a thirty-six-year-old woman. She owns a publishing company, L/N's publishing company, and...
420K 17K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
61.7K 1.6K 22
[SHORT STORY | COMPLETED] {In short: Your dad's new relationship is getting serious which means you have to meet his girlfriend. Little do you know i...
4.2K 123 30
Y/N (female reader) x Natasha Romanoff x Wanda Maximoff Please read my other published stories.... 👇🏻🎀 "The Woman in Between: A Tale of Love, Hear...