The REIGN : a Maxerica fanfic...

Por Youwontknowmyname9

⚠️READ THE SELECTION BOOKS BEFORE ! "Hello, my dear," he whispers. "Don't start," I warn in return, and we're... Más

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
❗️Quick message
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Thank you ♥️

Chapter 27

489 6 0
Por Youwontknowmyname9

" Everything's perfect." Doctor Miller told me.
" Okay. Thank you, Doctor." I replied.

She was my gynecologist, and I had to do check ups every two weeks now that I was at the end of my pregnancy.

I am almost eight months pregnant.

Doctor Miller told me that, because I had twins, we could think my belly would get a lot bigger,when it didn't actually.
I mean, yes, it's big but she explained that the twins were oblivious going to be a little smaller than averages babies ,because of the space they needed.

Of course, it wasn't a problem at all, and they will grow up normally after.

The bedroom was ready, the country was ready, the nannie I hired ( in case of ) was ready, even Maxon was.

But I... I didn't really know if I was.

I had eight months to think about the feeling it would bring me to carry my children, to see them playing around the palace, laughing.
And now that I was really thinking about it, I kinda get scared.
I am excited, of course, but also stressed out.

What will the people think of me as a mother ?
Will I do a good job ?

I know I shouldn't care about what other people think, but it's easier to say when you aren't the center of attention of a whole country.

" I am done now, your Majesty. The babies are doing great.You are good to go." Doctor Miller told me.

I smiled at her, and got up of the examination bed.

" Thank you." I replied.
" Goodbye, your Majesty." She said.
" Goodbye, doctor." I said back.

I walked out of the hospital wing, and climbed the stairs to my room.

I was playing a lot with the violin Maxon rented me, at Christmas.

The first time I touched it, I literally had goosebumps.
It was a beautiful instrument.

But the most beautiful thing, was when I finally get to touched the wood of the instrument with my finger and slide the bow on the cords made out of horsehair.

Its sound was pure.
So pure.

I was so honored, to play with a musical instrument which was part of the history.

The Italian museum must have trusted Maxon, because otherwise they would have never accepted to rent us this violin.

It was well hidden, in its special case, in a secret place in my bedroom.

I opened the case, took the violin out of it, and delicately grabbed the bow.

I set the instrument under my chin, its edge resting on my shoulder, as I slide my bow and the cords, where a delicious sound came out of the friction of it on the horsehair cords.

I liked to create new songs and melodies, even if most of the time, I was playing songs I learned with mom and that I knew by heart.

I must have played like this for a half an hour, my face toward the window, before hearing a sneeze.

I jumped, surprised, but when I turned around, there was no one to be seen.

Maybe...

I opened the door, and to my surprise, I came face to face with ten people maybe, behind the door.

They looked a little scared of what my reaction will be, as I discovered they were listening to me for thirty minutes straight, hissing behind the door, and of course not working during this time.

But I laughed.
I laughed so hard.

I could see a few of them relaxing and others smiling with me.

" So I see : your were spying on me ?" I teased.
" Oh no ! You majesty." a maid exclaimed " We were simply... listening to the music."
" Yes, I know ... ( her name, was harder to remember) Caroline ?" I asked.
" Yes, your Majesty." She blushed.
" Well, Caroline, I was just joking. But you guys seem to enjoy my music ?" I asked them.
" Oh yes we do ! A lot !" a man said.
" And I am glad you do, but you understand, you shouldn't stop working. I... maybe I could arrange a time where I could play something to all of you ?" I proposed.
" You would ?" Caroline asked me.
" Hum... yes. It could be great." I told her.
" Oh ! That's really nice of you, your Majesty." Caroline said.

I smiled.
If they liked my music, why not ?
I wasn't the best, but if it could bring them a little joy and a nice break, I was glad to do this for them.

" Okay. I am going to think about a time, where I can arrange that." I said.
" Thank you, your Majesty. Your are always so kind with us." Another woman, who I don't remember the name said.
" I don't know... I...I just want you to feel comfortable in the palace and happy I guess." I answered.
" Well, we are. Now that you and the king are reigning, our life's are so much better." The same woman continued.

This time I smiled with all my heart. " Thank you."

" Guess who ?" I asked Maxon, putting my hands in front of his eyes.
" Hum..." he faked a reflection " Vanilla sent, clear voice and soft hands... Carter ?" He teased.
I chuckled. " Yes, him in person."

I took my hands off his face, and he turned his face toward me, smiling.

" How are you darling ?" He asked me.
" I'm fine. I did my check up earlier with doctor Miller." I said
" Everything's alright?" He asked.
" Yes. Perfectly fine." I replied.

Maxon touched my stomach and said. " I can't believe in a few weeks, we will be able to hold them in our arms. It's crazy."
" Yeah..." I whispered .
" Is something wrong ?" He asked, sensing my hesitation.
" It's... i just feel like... I am quite scared." I said. " I mean, I am really excited ! But at the same time I wonder how life will go : two babies is a lot. Our nights will be endless attempts to make them fall asleep and..."
" Hey, darling. Look at me." He said, studding up of his chair and raising my chin, looking at me in the eyes " It's going to be a little complicated at first, maybe. But we will do this together, and I know you will love those children the second you see them. Remember what I told you ? I want everything with you, even the peanut butter finger prints on my desk."

I smiled at those words.
That's true, he told me this once.

" Yeah... I want everything with you too." I replied. " It's just a little overwhelming sometimes."
" I understand. Come here." He said, as he opened his arms for me to hug him.

I rested my head on his shoulders, as he closed his strong arms around me.

" Thank you." I said.
" It's normal, love. I am always here for you." He replied. " Oh ! And I wanted to tell you something." He said, suddenly remembering.
" What ?" I asked, looking at him.
" Well, after this thing happen where Sir Hidson kissed you and all, I wanted to find him and well... banish him from the palace." He admitted.
" Maxon..." I told him, not wanting to talk about this again.
" Before saying anything, listen." He replied.
" Okay." I said.
" And so I sent guards to look for him and... they told me he was gone." He finished by saying.
" Gone ?" I asked
" Without a word. Did you tell him something after he... you know or did he told you something ?" Maxon asked me.
" No..." I started to answer but then I remembered something.

He said he could save me, and after he kissed me and I pulled him back, he said I was going to regret it.

" He threatened me." I let out.
" He what ?!" Maxon asked
" He said I was going to regret it and after he left. At first I didn't do anything, I was too shocked and then I forgot. But now I remember it perfectly : he did threatened me." I replied.

But before Maxon could say anything, a guard bursted into the room and said to Maxon :
" Your Majesty, there's something urgent you need to see."

Ahhh!
Drama never ends !
So excited for this part of the book !
Don't forget to vote and comment what you think will happen. ;)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

229K 4.1K 54
Prince Maxon Schreave ended the Selection just a few months ago. He has finally picked a bride. America Singer. He is head over heels in love and is...
220K 2.6K 22
"AMERICA!" The bullet hit her just before I reached her. ** What if Maxon hadn't jumped in front of America in time? ** Alternate ending to The One...
55K 580 54
This is about Maxon and America's Married life! From the Selection All rights belong to Kiera Cass Keep in mind I wrote this book when I was younger...
97.5K 2.7K 41
Emily is an ordinary adolescent who desires to enter Prince Ryan's selection. She ends up getting selected and is ready to fight for the prince. Ryan...