The Grim ➸ R. Weasley

By TrueKingsFall

THE GRIM ➸ ❝ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛʜ... More

T h e G r i m
Azkaban breaks and Old friends
darkness of the dementors
we're fine
hippogriffs
boggart class
library naps and dinner dates
dancing in the rain
Not Friends
Hogsmeade
Black breaks in
Detention
scrubbing pans with a redhead
A Hospital Visit
Blizzard in Hogsmeade pt 1
Blizzard in Hogsmeade Pt 2
Christmas At Malfoy Manor
Back at Hogwarts
Red like a salamander
Slytherin vs Ravenclaw
The Speech
Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw
For Us
A Patronus
Slytherin vs Gryffindor
Listening
Understanding
werewolf tag
A Free Man
Train Ride Home
Blue Rose
Campaigns
Dead Man Walking
First Transformation
Magic Practice
Irish Love
Lavender Tea

Three turns

3.7K 234 86
By TrueKingsFall

Jamie, although in an incredible amount of pain, forced himself to stand. With one arm he pulled Draco up next to him, they lent against eachother for support as they hobbled away. The werewolf was too concerned with cleaning itself to notice the boys escaping.

Jamie's face, which was twisted in pain, was turning blue from the lack of oxygen. He tried not to breath because it made the pain flare up.

He just had to get Draco away. That was the only thing on his mind. He didn't care that his legs were shaking and felt like they were moments away from giving out; he didn't care that with every step he took he felt like he was being stabbed in the heart with a double edge blade; he didn't care that he couldn't breath; he didn't care about anything other then Draco.

They made it up the small hill and ran across Snape, who was now awake and had four floating stretchers behind him. His eyes widened when he looked over the two. He immediately conjured two more stretchers, Jamie helped Draco into his before getting into his own.

Once his head hit the fabric he allowed himself to breath once more. But then Snape had to go and ask them: "what happened?"

"Bro-broken ribs." Jamie gasped out, eyes screwed shut.

"Malfoy?" He asked.

Draco answered with his sniffles and quiet sobs.

"Mr. Malfoy, I need to know of your condition."

"He—" Jamie grunted, he determinedly swallowed the lump in his throat. "He was scratched. By Lupin."

Jamie could not see Snape's facial expression but he could see the man tense. He quickened his pace almost immediately.

The next hour and a half passed by in a blur. They were placed in the hospital wing while Sirius was chained and escorted to Professor Flitwick's office. Jamie had to drink a terrible tasting pink liquid to numb all the pain before Madam Pomfrey could heal his ribs, she fixed them with a wave of her wand but she warned him not to get out of bed, they needed time for the magic to seep in or else they just might shatter. She also healed his minor burns, the cuts on his face, and a damaged nerve in his arm. The pain relief potion made him giddy. He couldn't focus on with one thing for too long. He spent his time watching over his friends and observing their conditions.

Draco had his entire arm wrapped up tightly with white bandages. Snape had to give the boy Professor Lupin's potion, not knowing if he would transform or if his blood would need time to adjust until the next full moon. His hair and face was cleaned, a yellowing bruise rested on the corner of his lips next to the small cut. Draco just kept staring at his arm, as if processing what his life would soon be like.

The Wizarding World hated Werewolves, treated them like foul, evil, dirty creatures. Werewolves could not get steady jobs and were often forced to live in poverty. Although now there are potions to help werewolves, no werewolf could afford it have it made.

Jamie loved Draco too much to let him live a life like that. He was going to do something to raise awareness, to fight for werewolves rights.

Just like how he did for Gregory.

Harry and Hermione were both brought in unconscious. Dementors Snape had explained to Madam Pomfrey. She used simple cleaning spells on their faces, hair, and clothes, she also tended to their minor injuries. Like the cuts they received from the Whomping Willow.

Ron was hit with some stunning spell. It took Madam Pomfrey a couple minutes before she was able to undo it. She gave Ron the same pink potion she had given Jamie, before she used her wand to fix his broken leg. Ron almost threw up when he heard his leg snap back together; he reacted differently to the potion than Jamie, while Jamie was giddy and full of energy Ron passed out after a few minutes.

Then the Minister arrived and had a chat with Snape, although he tried to stay out of the childrens view Jamie kept an open ear on the man. They were just outside of the hospital wing, Minster Fudge wanted constant updates on Harry and Jamie.

"Madam Pomfrey. I must insist that I need to speak with the Minister."

She had patted his head softly. "No, you need rest, dear."

He sat in his bed, agitated. He stared up at the ceiling, waiting impatiently to hear anything about his father. He needed to inform the Minister of his fathers innocence.

"Order of Merlin, Second Class, I'd say. First Class, if I can wrangle it!" The Minister cheered from right outside of the hospital wing.

"Thank you very much indeed, Minister."

"Nasty cut you got there. . . Black's work, I suppose?"

"As a matter of fact, it was Potter and Weasley, Minister. Or so Draco told me, I could have sworn Granger was involved. . ."

"No!"

"Black had bewitched them, I saw it immediately. A Confundus Charm, to judge by their behavior. They seemed to think there was a possibility he was innocent. They weren't responsible for their actions. Especially mister Malfoy, who had fought hard against the charm and caused me no harm. The others on the other hand, their interference might have permitted Black to escape. . . They obviously thought they were going to catch Black single-handed. They've got away with a great deal before now. . . I'm afraid it's given them a rather high opinion of themselves. . . And of course Potter and young Black has always been allowed an extraordinary amount of leeway by the headmaster—"

"Ah, well, Snape. . . Harry Potter and Jamie Black, you know. . . We've all got a bit of a blind spot where they're concerned."

"And yet—is it good for them to be given so much special treatment? Personally, I try and treat them like any other student. And any other student would be suspended — at the very least — for leading his friends into such danger. Consider, Minister— against all against the school rules— after all the precautions put in place for their protection— out-of-bounds, at night, consorting with a werewolf and a murder—"

"You Tosser!" Jamie hollered at Snape. "Just because someone is a werewolf does not make them bad! They should not be held accountable for what they do while they are under influence of the wolf! Especially when the cards they receive are destined to make them lose! Most werewolves can't afford the potion that makes them safe to be around and you try to blame them for that! The game was built for them to lose! Well guess what? I'm going to change the rules or break them!"

Severus and the Minister both popped just their heads in, both looking equally confused. Jamie stuck his tongue out at Snape. He looked murderous but the Minister looked awfully amused. Both men dissapeared back behind the door, Jamie could hear them continue their conversation as if he never interrupted.

Madam Pomfrey had to grab Jamie by the shoulders and push him back down because he was about to stand and walk out to yell some more at Snape, but this time to his face.

"You are still under effects of the potion." She told him, trying to calm him by smoothing down his hair. "It's almost like alcohol, it effects the way you think."

"No it effects the leave of shit I will tolerate."

She blinked at him with owlish eyes. "Young man!"

He lulled his head to the side to see Harry awake now. He grinned and waved. Harry lazily waved back.

"Oh, you're awake!" Madam Pomfrey let Jamie go and made her way to Harry quickly.

"How's Ron?" Was the first thing Harry asked.

"He'll live," she said grimly. "As for you two. . ." She glanced between Harry and Hermione. "You'll be staying here until I'm satisfied you're—Potter, what you think you're doing?"

Harry was sitting up, putting on his glasses and picking up his wand.

"I need to see the headmaster."

"Oh! So do I." Said Jamie, delighted. He sat up and tried to swing his feet off the side of the bed but Madam Pomfrey pointed her finger at him, making him freeze. Her eyes were filled with warning as she glared at him.

"Do not even think about it, young man. Lay back down."

He pouted and laid back down.

She studied him for a couple more seconds before turning to Harry. "Potter, it's all right. They've got Black. He's locked away upstairs. The Dementors will be performing the Kiss any moment now—"

Now she had done it.

Jamie, Harry, Hermione, and Draco all jumped out of their beds.

"WHAT?" Harry demanded, his eyes were bulging and mouth was hung half open.

The Minister entered, looking agitated. "Harry, Harry? What's this? You should be in bed — has he had any chocolate?"

"Minister listen!" Harry said. "Sirius Black is innocent! Peter Pettigrew faked his own death! We saw him tonight! You can't let the Dementors do that thing to Sirius, he's—"

Minister Fudge shook his head with a small smile. "Harry, Harry, you're very confused, you've been through a dreadful ordeal, lie back down, now, we've got everything under control. .
."

"YOU HAVEN'T!" Harry yelled. "YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG MAN!"

"Minister, listen, please." Hermione said. "I saw him too. It was Ron's rat, he's an Animagus, Pettigrew, I mean, and—"

"You see, Minister?" Said Snape. "Confunded, both of them. . . Black's done a very good job on them. . ."

Jamie waltzed up to them, composed unlike the other two. He held his head high and stared down the Minister, never breaking eye contact. "We are not Confunded. Even if we were, Sirius Black should be given a trial before given up to the Dementors. Because what's the worst thing that can happen if he really is guilt and we're Confunded? He lives another day or two? But what happens when you find out you're wrong? An innocent man, dead. Think of how that would make you look, Minister. Unjust, unfair, unorganized. Not capable of taking down the real enemy."

The Minister shifted on his feet, he broke eye contact and loosened his tie before readjusting it.

"But Sirius Black—"

"Is still a human with human rights. And one of those rights is to a trial. I know it is hard to believe one thing after being told something else for so long but think about it. Sirius Black and James Potter were bestfriends, never saw one without the other. Why would he betray James? The man who took him in after he left his death eater family? And if I do recall correctly, he was not given a trial twelve years ago, either. If you would have given him that trial you would have realized the enemy was in hiding all along. You messed up once, do you want to mess up twice? Or do you want to show everyone you are redeemable? That you are capable?"

He had to undo his tie once again. His eyes shifted to Snape, who was watching him like a hawk, he looked back at the ground then back at Jamie, whose eyes looked like they were reading his soul. He wiped off a bead of sweat from his forehead. His eyes narrowed before he glanced over Jamie and Snape once again. He apparently was more intimidated by Jamie's looks because he sighed, giving in.

"Poppy, how long d'you figure a Confundus spell would last?"

She thought over it for a second, her lips pursed before she answered. "Tomorrow, just after lunch."

He nodded. "Okay. Then that is when we will hold the case. When our witnesses are no longer under Black's influence. I shall go tell Dumbledore and call off the Dementors for the time being."

"Minister." Snape tried. "All evidence points to—"

"I'm sorry, were you there—whoops, maybe I should say awake?"

Snape's glare was something vicious.

"Also Professor Lupin should be back." Harry spoke up softly. "We can get his side of the story."

"I do not think we should be trusting the likes of—"

"I'm sorry, what was that Professor?" Hermione cut off Snape. "But in our lesson I thought you said the human counter part had no control over what their wolf side did without the potion? So why should we hold Professor Lupin accountable for something he would never do while conscious? And Jamie made a good point earlier, why is the werewolf community treated the same way they did years and years ago? Are we not progressive? Are we not advancing or are we stuck in the past and uneducated?"

Jamie kept his eyes locked on Minister Fudge but reached his fist behind Harry's head to hold it out to Hermione. Hermione glanced at his hand before dead staring at the Minister while bumping his fist with her own.

He shifted uncomfortably under their gazes. "Well, yes. I must go inform Dumbledore of the sudden agreement's. . ." He turned and left. Snape gave them all a once-over glare before swiftly turning and following Fudge.

Dumbledore came to visit them after the Minister had confronted him with the news. He looked calm, even more so than Jamie, with a twinkle to his pale blue eyes. He smiled at the group of teens, save for Ron who was fast asleep and missed most of the previous conversation.

"I must say, I am impressed you bought Sirius Black more time—"

"What we say is true." Harry cut him off. "Sirius — he's innocent."

"Oh, I believe you." Dumbledore nodded. "But there is not much I can do except. . . Offer a piece of advice." He said, mainly to Hermione. Hermione, who was sitting next to Jamie on his bed, leaned forward eagerly. "You all must see that Professor Snape's versions of the events is far more convincing than yours. Sirius has not acted like an innocent man. The attack on the Fat Lady—entering the Gryffindor tower with a knife—without Pettigrew, alive or dead, we have no chance of overturning Sirius's sentence. So, listen closely, what we need is more time."

"OH." Hermione said.

"OH." Said Jamie, pretending like he knew what they were talking about. Hermione and Dumbledore both raised an eyebrow at him. He just nodded, still pretending he knew what they meant.

"Now, I hoped you paid attention. Because you might be able to save more than one life. Miss Granger, you know the law. Three turns should do the trick. Goodluck." Dumbledore said and then left.

"Harry, come quick." Harry wandered over confused. She gave Jamie a sympathetic smile. "Sorry you're at too much risk. I do not want you to shatter anything." She turned to Draco. "Malfoy, come on, you too. I need both of your quick seeker reflexes."

Draco confusedly made his way over. Hermione threw her chain over Harry, Draco, and herself. She gave it three turns and dissapeared, dissapeared as in dissolved into nothingness. A second later the doors are thrown open and in they come.

All three were panting through smiles.

"But you were just—" he pointed to the spot they dissapeared. Then he pointed to where they appeared, "but now you're—nevermind. Just, nevermind."

"Buckbeak is alive." Draco offered, he was smiling real big.

"And we got evidence." Harry said, holding a stunned rat by its tail.

Author's Note!
You guys are so not ready.
Have a good day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 7.6K 46
𝐇𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝝾𝘂𝘁 𝝾𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝝾𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝝾𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗹 𝘄𝝾𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝝾𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗶𝗺. 𝐇𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀...
135K 3.7K 53
"YOU, WINNIFRED BLACK, ARE EXTRAORDINARY. WITH ONE TEAR, YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE." cedric diggory x fem!oc to fred weasley x fem!oc
1.2K 37 28
ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 ˡᵒʷᵉʳᶜᵃˢᵉ ⁱⁿᵗᵉⁿᵈᵉᵈ
2.6K 83 14
Professor McGonagall had had enough. The fights will stop, even if it's the last thing she does. These three are worse than when the Marauders and Sn...