Chances are....

By CandidKeeks

In this story we'll be following the lives of Justine Halloway and Bradley Jameston. Justine, a suburban brow... More

1. Meet Justine
2. Meet Bradley
3. Saying Hello
4. Bad News
5. He's hot
6. As Always
7. Nothing new to me
8. Not so bad
9. Go hard or go home
10. What are the odds?
11. If you don't mind...
12. Pool party...??
13. I'm an idiot
14. Trust me will ya?
15. Firsts for everything
16. Bittersweet Farewell
17. Home Sweet Home
18. Emotional Meadows
19. But wait there's more
20. Well that was....eventful.
21. Can I kidnap your stuffed monkey?
22. Moving In
23. Mini Golfing?
24. What do YOU want?
25. Mind Games
27. Fuck you
Update
28. Too fancy
29. Resolved Issues?
30. Something Changed
31. Monster

26. Talk to him.

2.4K 141 17
By CandidKeeks

Justine:

All we did was go over the syllabus and I was already exhausted. I put my key in the door and pushed it open, dropping my backpack down on the floor and then my phone started ringing. I dug around in my back pocket and pulled it out. It was Kara.

"Hey bitch!" she exclaimed. I can tell by her tone that she had a lot to tell me. "How were classes today? Are you done?"

"I am actually. What about you?"

"I don't start til tomorrow. I've been out at the beach."

"That's nice," I said trying to sound as interested as possible but I really just wanted to take a hot shower and curl up in my bed.

"Before I tell you about the hot guy I met, tell me why you sound so bummed out." I can never get anything by Kara. I let out a sigh and plopped down on my bed.

"Brad told me all his feelings toward me and basically told me he wanted to be more and he couldn't handle being my friend and I kinda sort of rejected him. And then he went to a party with this girl Sam who I do not like whatsoever and he came to class all hungover and then this blonde wrote her number on his arm. I don't know what to do, things are really really weird right now," I said with minimal pauses.

"Okay," Kara said processing everything. "Looks like I need to go to your campus and kick some ass." I laughed at that.

"I don't need you to do that. I just need to not feel this way. I opened up and made myself comfortable around him, and I guess I don't want to get hurt." I shivered at how sappy I was sounding. "I don't know, just ignore me, tell me about the guy you met at the beach."

"No. I'm not going to tell you anything until we figure this out."

"There is nothing to figure out."

"Talk to him."

"Talk to him?" I sat up abruptly.

"Yes, you heard me."

"What is there to even talk about?" I asked, although there was a lot.

"Maybe let him speak first and then snowball off of that."

"Fine.. fine, I'll talk to him. I'm going to call you when I wake up from this nap and then we can talk all about the guy you met."

"Good. I can't wait to tell you. Happy napping beeeitch."

"You already know." I ended the call and fell backwards onto my bed placing my phone on the dock.

"Pull it together Justine!" I told myself as I pulled my blanket over my head.

"Justine! Are you home yet? Hellooo.."

There aren't many things I get upset about but don't EVER interrupt my naps.

"AAAARGH!" I grouchily threw the contents of my bed to the floor and stomped towards the door. "WHAT!" I yanked the door open only to be faced with Sam.

"Oh um... Hi. Bad timing? I was just letting you know that someone left a box outside your door. Didn't want it to get stolen or--".

"Where?" I cut her off looking around.

Just a sec, she disappeared into her room. Why the hell does she have MY box. It's cold. I padded across my room and grabbed my blanket, pulling it over my shoulders.

"Right here." I heard from behind me. She really just walked into my room..

"Thanks." I grabbed the box, before realizing how heavy it was, "buh-bye." I drooped it onto my bed and waved.

I climbed back onto my bed and just stared at the box. It was just a plain old box. Should I open it? What if I don't like what's inside? What if I do?

I slipped a bobby pin out of my disheveled hair and ripped the tape.

Bradley:

I walked into Dentin Hall with a huge, 'ass kisser' box under my arm. As I climbed the stairs I thought about walking back to my car and just wallowing in self pity but, this needs to be done.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. "Hello?"

"What. The. Fuck did you do to my best friend you fucking whorebag!?"

"Wait what? Kara? What'd I do to who?"

"Don't play stupid with me stupido. Eres un aguijón en mi culo!" Well, I've got no clue what she said there but she's definitely pissed at me.

"I was wrong, for going to that party, I know. I'm on a one way trip to kiss ass town right now."

"I don't care who's mad at who, I have good news to share so you two better get to talking. Bye and don't make me call you again."

The closer I got to her door the harder it was to keep going so instead of knocking I just set the box down and left. I know, bitch move.

"Hey Brad! You still hungover?" Sam. Fuck she saw me. Shit. Shit. Shit shit shit.

I turned slowly back around, "hey, uh not really, I'm kind of in a hurry. I'll catch you later?"

"There's a party tonight at Kappa, you going? I hear it's gonna be epic."

"Nope, I'm actually pretty busy tonight, I'll see you around." I continued towards the stairwell.

"Oh c'mon, we had fun last night! Besides you're such a great kisser." She smirked.

"What?" I walked back towards where she was standing. "I don't remember any of that."

"Figures. Hey don't you have someplace to be?" She laughed.

"Oh uh yeah, I'll uh.. I'll text you."

"You better."

"What the fuuuuuuck", I raked my fingers through my hair as I trodded down the stairs. How did I let myself get that drunk? Justine already hates Sam, now I'm fucked.

I sat in my car for about 30 minutes, forehead pressed against the steering wheel trying to replay the events of last night. Trying to remember anything. As I went to start my car I notice a number on my arm, Stephanie.

I pulled out my phone and contemplated calling before getting back out of my car and heading for Justine's room. I need to talk to her.

I knocked and waited.

She opened the door just a smidge "what?"

"I want-- I need to talk to you." I felt like an absolute idiot talking through a door.

"Go on?" She stared blankly.

"Can you please just let me in?"

"No." I stared at her in disbelief, and then she smiled, opening the door and walking back to her bed.

"I see you got the box." Why am I nervous, stop making small talk and be a man.

"Yeah, I barely opened it before you knocked, what is it? Food? If it isn't good I'll be disappointed." How is she acting so normal right now? "So is it food or what?"

I sat down beside her, "no, no it isn't food. I didn't know you valued food more than Forever 27, stuffed animals, and Disney movies. I apologize." I laughed.

"It's not called Forever 27 you dimwit." Without a second thought she flipped the box upside down and watched its contents tumble out. "Seriously? You bought me books and sweatshirts? Like, no food? I'm so disap--"

"You always complain that you're cold and I thought you'd want a few new books for that mini library of yours." I gestured towards the books neatly aligned on the shelves.

I watched her expression change when she spotted the little black box at the top of the pile. She pointed at it. "What's that?"

"It's a part of my formal apology. I overreacted when you turned me down, I wasn't expecting it and you basically punched me in the ego. I'm sorry." She laughed. I just made the most heart felt apology of my life and she laughs?

"You're-- you're so corny! Oh my gosh I'm crying!" She was in hysterics wiping away her tears.

"Dont laugh at me, Justine." I grabbed the box from her hands and held it in the air.

"Give that back!" She jumped from her bed slapping at my arms.

"No. Not until you sit down and listen. We need to clear a few things up, alright?"

She stopped jumping and sat "Fine! You sound like Kara!"

"Oh hush, I came here to be serious. We both know how much you love that." She frowned. "OK so about last night. I went to that party with Sam and got really trashed, resulting in my waking up with a girl in my bed and my apparent kissing of Sam. Before you ask, yes, the blonde girl from class. Stephanie. It wasn't intentional at all."

"It's fine, not like we're dating or anything. Besides, I met this really cool guy from my macro class." She was right. It's not like we're dating.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying we both benefited from a seemingly bad situation. You get the blonde bimbo your dad wanted for you, and for the first time I'm not dwelling on what ifs."

"So you're saying you don't care?"

"Should I?"

"Stop being so difficult! Do you have any idea what this whole thing is doing to me?" I gestured between us. "You'd think we were forcing two negatively charged magnets together. You're driving me crazy!"

"You're driving yourself crazy!" She yelled back, disappearing into the bathroom.

"You can't run from everything, Justine."

"Yes I can, Bradley." I heard the shower and decided to wait.

I fumbled the box around in my hand before opening it and running my forefinger across the words engraved into the small band, "amor vincit omnia", my mom used to tell me that whenever she and dad fought.

I gently placed the box on her nightstand and walked out. This is going to be much harder than I thought.

*******************************************
I really hope you guys enjoyed this little chapter!

-Keeks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 24.8K 67
Kayla, 17. She is trying to do what she has to do to provide for herself. Kayla's dad was always there for her, loved ANC cared for her, they had a g...
8.2K 846 41
When Justine DeMont's Mom told her that she is sending her across the country to live with her Dad a week before her senior year, she thought she was...
29.9K 916 43
Mackenzie Young has always been forced to not "do her". Mackenzie has had life planned out for her every since she was 2 years old, due to having no...