Manan ss-the boss and the p.a.

By gumaank

More

Character sketch.
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chalter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Note.
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Note.
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Surprise.
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Chapter-68
Chapter-69
Chapter-70
Chapter-71
Chapter-72
Chapter-73
Chapter-74
Chapter-75
Chapter-76
Chapter-77
Chapter-78
Chapter-79
Chapter-80
Chapter-81
Chapter-82
Chapter-83
Chapter-84
Chapter-85
Chapter-86
Chapter -87
Chapter-88
Chapter-89
Note
Chapter-90
Chapter-91
Chaptee-92
Chapter-93
Chapter-94
Chapter-95
Chapter-96
Chapter-97
Chapter-98
Chapter-99
Chapter-100
Chapter-101
Chapter-102
Chapter-103
Note.

Chapter-65

3K 488 63
By gumaank

Avoid mistakes if any. No proof reading.

Days were passing by in full speed but lockdown was just getting extended people were partially bored with this routine but there was no escape from this.

Manan too were enjoying their time, in cooking , playing games, working, watching movies and stuff. Life was going on, with their increasing cuddles which was increasing the love btwn them.

Well today was Saturday, the last working day of the week and Manan were busy in their work until at afternoon, Nandini paused her work and came in his room. It was taking more than the time needed and that's why Manik came up to check on her.

When he entered the room, he was not expecting at all to see this view. Nandini was standing, palming one of the glass walls of walk in closet and her other hand was on her tummy. She was in pain and Manik got too much worried. He immediately came beside her, held her and asked.

Ma-what's wrong Nandini?

Nan-it's just period cramps............it's increased today.

Without wasting another moment, Manik picked her up and made her lay down on the bed. He covered her legs little and than caressed her face and asked.

Ma-do you want any pain killer..........? Or is there something else that can help you?

Nan-I just wish to sleep for some time......... but the pain isn't helping me.

Manik came beside her and started caressing her hair softly with a hope that this might help her to sleep. An hour passed and Nandini was in pain but she wasn't hissing and couldn't sleep but after an hour of struggle, she was fast asleep. Seeing her sleeping comfortably, Manik kissed her head and bought his laptop in his room and worked there only.

After ending his work day, he made some light food for her and was doing his part of work of office. Nandini slept for good 4 hours and when she woke up, she was pain free but due to the recent pain, she was dull. The night ended smoothly.

Next day it was Sunday, no office day today, so Manan were very much free. They woke up early but Manik told Nandini to rest and he will do the work today but today they had plans to clean the house completely so that they are free for at least 20 days or month.

Cleaning as in every corner of the house, spider webs if any, garden cleaning and swimming pool too. They broom the garden daily but deep  cleaning is needed too over some time. Nandini denied all this but Manik didn't let her move so mutually they decided that Nandini will look after cooking and Manik will do the rest of the work.

So after a quick breakfast, they got ready to work, both haven't bathed coz they are doing the cleaning stuff. So inspite of her work was of only cooking, Nandini cleaned the crockery and cabinets along with cooking. While Manik did all the work.

Right from dusting every wall of the house to all the show pieces, brooming, mopping, gardening and finally the swimming pool cleaning. Once he was done, it was 2.00 of afternoon and he was hell tired. Placing the dusting cloth on his shoulder, he came to Nandini who was still in the kitchen and her back was facing him.

Ma-memsaab...........ab toh khana de do.

Well, Manik was in his Bermuda and vest and than the dusting cloth on his shoulder. If a person not knowing Manik would think that he is the servant of the house. Anyways, hearing him, Nandini turned around and giggled a bit coz of his messy state.

She immediately dished out food and seeing the food, Manik sat on his place and Nandini immediately served him. Manik huffed and broke a morsel of his roti, when Nandini wiped his temple that had sweat beads on it. Feeling her touch, he looked at her and Nandini smiled.

Than she sat on her place and had her food. Like this they ate and than one after the other took a bath and got fresh completely. With this their half day was passed. Now they were resting on the bed and watching a series on his laptop with Nandini being in his arms.

Soon she slept but Manik couldn't. He completed watching the series and than he came down to complete a presentation. All his papers and files were around the tea table and he has started the first page preparation on his laptop.

Going through all the numbers and facts and stuff, he was now mentally exhausted coz his body was exhausted at the day time only but this work was important too. It was just when the sun had set and Manik was in his numbers mess and than unknowingly, he slept on the couch in a very uncomfortable position.

10 mins to his sleep and Nandini woke up. She looked around and didn't find him, that's why after quick freshening up, she came down and saw Manik sleeping in a very uncomfortable manner. Tucking her hair strands behind her ear, she came to him and shook him.

Nan-Manik..........Manik..........sleep straight.

Manik opened his eyes a little but in reality he was dead sleeping, he knows nothing. After a few calls, he got up a little and started walking. Nandini quickly held him and with careful steps bought him to the room. Manik slept on the bed and Nandini covered him.

Coming down, she kept tea for herself and came to collect all his papers as they didn't want anything to be misplaced or spoilt. While gathering them, Nandini's gaze fell on them and she understood on what thing Manik was working.

First of all she was his P.A and second she was experienced enough to know what's on the paper. Having a brief look at it, she got her tea and took the laptop. Going through papers, she started making the ppt along with sipping her teas and after 3 hours of hectic work, the presentation was completed just the way Manik would want it.

Done with that, she summed up all the stuffs and looked after the dinner thing. It was around 11.00 pm when Manik woke up and when he woke up, he realised about the presentation and freaked out. Without a further delay, he ran down to see Nandini all chilled and watching tv with darkness in the living room.

He on the lights and that grabbed her attention, she looked at him and he looked at the clean tea table. Nandini smiled at him, off the tv and came to him.

Nan-you woke up..........! Feeling better........you were way too exhausted and still you came to do office work.

Manik rubbing his hands on his entire face for once, said.

Ma-haan woh I was not sleepy and that work was important too.........and than I don't know how I slept.

Nan-it's okay.........for now freshen up..........I was waiting for you for dinner.

Manik bobbed his head and simply came up to clean his face while Nandini was getting all the food on the table. Once he came back, she filled their plates and than said.

Nan-I made your ppt...........if you are not sleepy..........you can have a look at it after dinner.

Ma-you made it?

Nan-yes..........so your that work is done.

And than rest of the dinner was all about that presentation and stuff. After eating, Manik opened the laptop and Nandini widened the kitchen work. She came back beside him and Manik had done with 1/4th of the presentation, so Nandini was looking back at it again. After a good time, cross checking was done, so shutting his laptop, Manik spoke, turning to her.

Ma-how did you manage to make this?

Nandini smiled at this, came close to him, shut the flap of the laptop and said.

Nan-well..........on the first day of my job....... In Malhotra's...........my boss told me that I have enough experience and by this experience I could be a ceo of a company............so I guess..........this is that.

And on this Manik actually got a flashback of that scene and also her qualification and he realised that this presentation was a cup of tea for Nandini. He smiled and bobbed his head and said.

Ma-yup I forgot.

And than they both giggled. After this, she came again in his arms and Manik kissed the top of her head. They were about to talk anything, when Manik's cell rang, it was his father. Well Manan were on constant touch with him, Nandini was chatting with him like friends and the trio had their share of calls and Skype meets.

Seeing his father calling, Manik picked up and after exchanging greetings, Mr Malhotra told him to come on Skype, so Manik on his laptop and Manan took a decent position. Seeing each other, all fit and fine, they were happy and had a long call because they all had nothing to do.

Manik still had Nandini but Mr Malhotra was all alone there. So after a long call with Nandini's funny talks, the night too ended on a happy note and one more day of lock down was completed.

Monday started and so did the routine. Again their were in their routine, this whole week, Manik noticed a change in Nandini. She is either in her clothes on in his tee or shirts but when she is in her Indian wear, she is without her dhupatta.

It's like her dhupatta is resting somewhere and she herself is roaming somewhere else and if she is wearing a full sleeves dress, along with her dhupatta gone, she folds her sleeves till her elbow. Not that he had any complaints but in fact it all looked cute.

She was bare foot too all the time and her non stop talking is toh always there. It was Friday and Manan were working when suddenly Manik stopped and turned to her.

Ma-Nandini............would you sing with me?

Nan-sing!?

She took a pause and said.

Nan-you know na I don't know singing.

Ma-your voice is sweet and I really wish to have a jam session with you.

Nan-what if hearing me you turn deaf.

Manik giggled and said.

Ma-aisa kuch nhi hoga.

Nandini was thinking when Manik spoke.

Ma-we will record ourselves and see the out come..........agar bura hova toh we will delete that and I will never ask you to sing again and also..........we will never talk abt this day also.

He being so flexible for her made her to think positively and finally she gave in.

Nan-okay.........a try.

Ma-good..........so after office.........we will sing together.

Nan-okay.

The office day happened and Manik was way too excited for this office hours to end today. Once they were done, Manik googled searched the song and gave to Nandini so that she can practice a bit. It was ashiqui 2 song and Nandini had an idea that what and how this song is.

While she was busy in that, Manik was making things ready for them. Arranging the mic, getting his guitar and chairs for them and than he gave time for Nandini to prepare. Along with that, he fixed a camera with tripod so that they can record it.

Once Nandini was confident enough, she gave a go ahead to this and they were now sitting in front of the mic, with Manik's guitar on his lap, Nandini having the phone so that she could relie on the lyrics and everything was set. Before a proper recording, the opted to take a few mins to rehearse and all this while Nandini was making sure that she sings well and Manik. He was hell excited for this, Music and Nandini. Both his favourites.

Hey guys I am extremely sorry for this late chp and a crappy chp but honestly I am way too exhausted but didn't wanted to miss this.........it might be a filler chp I'll try to come up with some romantic things soon. Next update on Thursday, good night bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 9.5K 41
hello friiends this story i gradually got an idea and thought of writing it.. hope you all like it THE story is all about Manik a business man...
89.8K 4.5K 14
intresting short story with different concept happy reading
192K 8K 23
The story starts from the talent hunt and i promise ill update this one and it will be with a lot of emotions