Chapter-99

Avoid mistakes if any. No proof reading.

Manik came in her room along with folding his sleeves removing his watch. When he placed the watch on the bed that is when he saw that she had placed a fresh towel on the bed for him. Smiling, he took that and entered in and got fresh.

He came out after some 7 mins and came back towards kitchen and saw her frying papadum (Papad). A nice fragrance was coming of Papad and oil and a mild smell of chilly. He silently came on the dining table and saw she had placed plates, spoon and chilled water on the table.

He sat on his chair and filled a glass of water for himself and had in and just when he kept his glass down, he saw Nandini coming out with 2 plates. One had papad mountain and other had that yellow khicdi, from which lots of smoke was coming out, which clearly meant that it was piping hot. Nandini placed both the plates close to them and spoke.

Nan-take.

Saying that she was sitting on her place when Manik asked.

Ma-kaun si khicdi hai yeh?

Nan-waghareli.

Manik was still trying to understand and pronounce that word but failed while Nandini filled his plate with that and served him one papad and said.

Nan-eat.......you will love it.

Manik simply bobbed his head and saw Nandini serving herself. He spreaded the khicdi coz it was way too hot and when doing that, he saw that it had soft onions and big chilli pieces in it. Manik was shocked seeing the chilli and looked at Nandini to say something.

But when he looked at her, he saw her removing that big piece of chilli at a side and just having the onion khicdi. He relaxed that he doesn't have to eat chillies too which were very few in numbers. He took a bite and the taste actually hit him hard.

He loved the suttle taste of the khicdi and now he was loving that. After chewing and gulping that bite, he looked at her taking another bite but along with that she took a bite of papad too and he did that and he loved the combination of papad with that. Half way through the dinner and he spoke.

Ma-yeh kya khicdi hai?

Nan-kyu aachi nhi lagi aapko?

Ma-nhi.......it's nice.......just trying to learn to pronounce it's name.

Nan-it's waghareli.........waghar........means tadka in Gujarati language........yeh jo onions and chillies hai........usse tadka lagate hai....... basically yeh jo lunch mei khicdi banate hai........woh bach jati hai na........toh phir uska tadka lagate hai........so it's that way.......khana bhi waste na ho and get a twist of taste too.

Manik heard all of that along with eating and understood what this dish basically is. Nandini continued after taking a bite.

Nan-meine abhi fresh khicdi banai thi na.........isliye fan k niche usko thanda kr rhi thi completely.........fresh khicdi mei nhi banti hai yeh itne acche se.

Manik again bobbed his head in yes and than he asked.

Ma-waise how did came in your life?