This Time

By Selxnophilx

Aiden Guevarra lives to survive; throughout her life, all she wanted to do was finish her education, find a s... More

| INTRODUCTION |
|1| UNANG KABANATA
|2| IKALAWANG KABANATA
|3| IKATLONG KABANATA
|4| IKAAPAT NA KABANATA
|5| IKALIMANG KABANATA
|6| IKAANIM NA KABANATA
|7| IKAPITONG KABANATA
|8| IKAWALONG KABANATA
|9| IKASIYAM NA KABANATA
|10| IKASAMPUNG KABANATA
|11| IKALABING-ISANG KABANATA
|12| IKALABING-DALAWANG KABANATA
|13| IKALABING-TATLONG KABANATA
|14| IKALABING-APAT NA KABANATA
|15| IKALABING-LIMANG KABANATA
|16| IKALABING-ANIM NA KABANATA
|17| IKALABING-PITONG KABANATA
|18| IKALABING-WALONG KABANATA
|19| IKALABING-SIYAM NA KABANATA
|20| IKA-DALAWAMPUNG KABANATA
|21| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|22| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|23| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
|24| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|25| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|26| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|27| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|28| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|29| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|30| IKA-TATLUMPUNG KABANATA
|31| IKA-TATLUMPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|32| IKA-TATLUMPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|33| IKA-TATLUMPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
|34| IKA-TATLUMPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|35| IKA-TATLUMPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|36| IKA-TATLUMPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|37| IKA-TATLUMPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|38| IKA-TATLUMPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|39| IKA-TATLUMPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|40| IKA-APATNAPUNG KABANATA
|41| IKA-APATNAPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|42| IKA-APATNAPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|43| IKA-APATNAPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
|44| IKA-APATNAPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|45| IKA-APATNAPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|46| IKA-APATNAPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|47| IKA-APATNAPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|48| IKA-APATNAPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|49| IKA-APATNAPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|50| IKA-LIMANGPUNG KABANATA
|51| IKA-LIMANGPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|52| IKA-LIMANGPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|53| IKA-LIMANGPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
|54| IKA-LIMANGPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|55| IKA-LIMANGPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|56| IKA-LIMANGPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|57| IKA-LIMANGPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|58| IKA-LIMANGPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|59| IKA-LIMANGPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|60| IKA-ANIMNAPUNG KABANATA
|61| IKA-ANIMNAPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|62| IKA-ANIMNAPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|63| IKA-ANIMNAPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
| EPILOGO |

| PROLOGO |

7.4K 257 65
By Selxnophilx

— THIS TIME —

tw: child abuse

The little girl cowered beside her bed as the man in front of her, whom she grew up calling her father, laid his big hands on her small and frail body. Her pleas to stop and cry for help are not reaching his seemingly deaf ears. She was sobbing as she continued to accept the beating she knew she deserved for not turning out to be what he expected. The sound of a belt hitting her bruising and wounded skin echoed through the empty room. The only sounds emitting were her cries, his hits, and his shouting as he breathed hard.

"Papa, tama na po!" (Papa, stop!) She whined in desperate need for the pain to stop. Although she never disagreed whenever her father hurt her, she just couldn't handle the pain she was feeling now. The hard strikes from the belt burned against her skin, producing a loud cry whenever the metal from the end hit her. She could feel her head pounding, feeling horribly dizzy as the ringing in her ears became louder. Her body aches all over, and she feels like it's the worst pain she's ever felt.

But despite her constant cries, she knows deep inside that it's her fault. She deserves to get beat up; she deserves all the pain she's feeling. If only she turned out to be the perfect child he always wanted, maybe he would've loved her, maybe he would've been happy, and maybe he would've accepted her. It's her fault, and she can't blame anyone else.

She feels lightheaded as the room starts spinning. A loud scream of a woman she's known all her life was heard before the little girl felt wet liquid hitting her face, the image of her father's wide eyes and blood oozing out of his mouth as he coughed. A shard edge of the knife was seen through his chest.

Her wailing mother cradled her pounding head against her chest. Although the beating has stopped, her body still aches as her vision starts to turn black. She gave her mother a weak smile to ease her worries before she closed her eyes, taking the rest she needed.

She wishes she could sleep forever; maybe then her father will stop hurting and everything's going to be okay. All she needs is to close her eyes and sleep. That's all she needs to do.

————— - ————— - ——————

I jolted awake, kicking the cover away from my hot, sweating body. I breathed hard as I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down. The burning feeling from the strikes and every single hit to my body—I felt it all again. My body aches all over. There was so much pain.

Frantically searching my body for any sign of his agonizing touch, I found nothing but fading scars. 

1...2...3...

1...2...3...

You're okay, Aiden. He's not here to hurt you anymore. You're not in pain. You're not dying. You're alive. You're safe. You're okay.

I'm okay.

Eyelids shut in hopes of stopping the tears from coming out. I recalled my mother's voice as she sang me to sleep—her warm smile, soft embrace, soothing tone, and loving touch. Ignoring the voice in my head forcing me to remember the memories I had with my father—the memories that kept me awake at night, screaming in pain from the bruises and wounds long gone. 

I hummed the lullaby she uses whenever I can't sleep. Mama would sleep beside me, hugging me tight and caressing my hair as she sang me to sleep.

Her voice was sweet and comforting. I would beg and beg her to sing for me many times, and she would laugh and pinch my cheek. She'd always place a light, feathery kiss on my forehead before I closed my eyes and uttered how much she loved me. Whenever I woke up from a nightmare, she was always there to make me feel safe.

I wish she was here to do it again.

Chocking back a sob wanting to escape my mouth, I looked up as the door of my room opened, my mom looking at me with soft eyes. She entered the room, arms spreading wide as I rushed towards her side, burying my face against the crook of her neck and letting out the cry I'd been holding back. Brushing my hair with her fingers as she rocks side to side, her lips constantly kissing the top of my head.

"It's okay, darling. Let it all out."

"I miss her, mom. I miss her so much,"
I cried out, fingers gripping her shirt.

"I know, I miss her, too. We'll get her back, I promise."

I stood enveloped in her arms, my body unmoving as hot tears continued streaming down my face. The ache in my chest overcomes the pain in my body.

————— - ————— - ——————

Mom pulled me down to plant a soft kiss on my forehead, smiling proudly as she held the identification card from the university placed around my neck. Giving me one more hug before brushing down the sides of my hoodie.

"Call me if anything happens, okay?" She reminded me for the nth time that I had to chuckle. She worries about me too much, but I can't really blame her. And I appreciate it.

"Yes, mom." I gave a nod for emphasis, smiling to ease her worries.

"I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you, too," I replied before approaching dad and giving him a hug as well. He lectured me a bit about college girls and the proper use of protection before letting me go with a smile. I blushed because of that.

I waved at them, my mom crying while dad comforted her, as well as laughing at her dramatic antics. Saluting my dad as he did the same.

With a racing heart and shaky hands, I entered the campus, my hand gripping tight on the handle of my luggage. Glancing around the place, I see people probably around my age, while some look somewhat older. A lot of them were alone, like me, a fresh face in this unknown and foreign place, while some were in the company of others.

My free hand held my schedule and the key to my dorm room, seeing as it was located on the fourth floor of the dormitory building. I entered the empty elevator, cowering in the corner when more people came in along with me. It made me feel uncomfortable being surrounded by a lot of people, despite them not even talking to me. It was suffocating.

Elevators are suffocating.

If I wasn't carrying a heavy bag and luggage, and if my room wasn't on the fourth floor, I would be walking up the stairs. But since I am, this will have to do.

To my utter relief, they all went off before we could even reach the third floor. As the elevator door started to close, a voice echoed through the hall. A woman was walking fast in her heels, hand waving at me.

I bit my lip, and although I didn't want anyone riding with me, I couldn't let the woman not get in after this. Besides, it's not like I own the elevator.

"Thank you." The woman smiled beautifully at me. Her voice was alluring and sweet at the same time.

I gave a slight nod before slightly stepping back away from her. Although I couldn't help but notice her beautiful and dark natural hair, it looks so perfect. She also has a gorgeous face, from her sharp jawline to perfectly sculpted eyebrows, dark eyes, a Greek-like nose, and red-painted lips. Her outfit also added to her overall charisma. A nude turtleneck with a black blazer over it and black trousers completed the look with black high heels.

I looked like a peasant next to her with my gray hoodie, a denim jacket over it, black trousers, and my white sneakers.

She looks gorgeous.

"Thank you," the woman said, turning to look at me with another charming smile.

I blushed a deep red, realizing I said it out loud instead of just in my mind. I didn't know what to say and looked away from her. I heard a chuckle coming from her when I took a step back away from her out of shyness.

"You look gorgeous, too," the woman complimented, making me blush even more.

"T-Thank you," I said before rushing out as soon as the elevator opened up on my floor.

That was embarrassing.

—————

Votes and comments will truly be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

—————

A/N: Po and opo are words used in the Philippines as a way to respect our elders :)

This is the teacher and student story with intersex. I know I said I'll be writing it next year, but I just had to do it now lol.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, although it's short. Stay safe y'all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 52 7
In the heart of a prestigious NYC university, amidst the hallowed halls of academia, two souls find themselves entangled in a forbidden romance. Y/n...
291K 6K 82
(I UNDERSTAND THIS BOOK HAS MISTAKES, I WILL TRY TO FIX AS MANY AS I CAN!! I ALSO KNOW I WROTE IN LOWERCASE, I DID IT BECAUSE THATS MY COMFORTABLE WR...
10.1K 336 10
High school senior Selene has been crushing on her teacher for years. When she finally confesses how she feels, will her dreams come true? What will...
321K 10.9K 45
𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 millie falls in love with her history professor. [slow burn / age-gap / teacherxstudent] 24-year-old college student Milena "Millie"...