His Substitute Wife {Book 1}...

By MyraKapoor

Jennifer Jonas is a happy to go girl. Savvy Jonas is her sister and together they make the best team. They sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Important Information
BOOK 2 PUBLISHED!!!!!!!!

Chapter 27

772 33 1
By MyraKapoor

.

.

.

To say that he itinerary that Kimberly sent me was small, would be an understatement of the year. She listed at least 20 things for me to do just in half a day!! How was I supposed to do all that and not look tired at my own reception? Was it even humanly possible to complete all the tasks? Thank God I had Arnie with me. She was a Fairy Godmother in disguise as she almost completed half of the things that were there on the list.

I wonder why Kimberly made so many appointments for me, that too at the most expensive stores? She still hates me, doesn't she?

By the time, I was done getting ready, Ryan pulled over in front of the huge showroom-type-salon. I heard a knock on the door of the private room that was booked for me. A lady walked in, informing me about Ryan.

I instantly got up as I was done being with everyone around me.

Jeezz!! They took almost 4 hours to paint the new me. I didn't even bother to look at my finished self in the mirror because, honestly speaking, I knew it wasn't me that I'd be looking at. It had to be some alien so I avoided looking at myself.

I stepped outside, instantly regretting not bringing my coat along with me. It was freezing and to top that, I was wearing a strapless gown. The chauffer extended his hand and I took it as he guided me inside the world's largest Limo to exist. Ryan was already inside when I entered. He was busy talking to someone on call that he didn't even spare me a glance. Even I didn't bother to say anything. Let him be busy for all I care. Even if he looks at me, he'll just make fun of me for looking like someone else.

.

.

.

We reached our destination within half an hour and all this while, Ryan didn't even have the time to look at me. He was busy on the call the whole time. Arnie and Harry accompanied us as she was with me the whole day so it was very obvious that she had to get ready with me. However, they were in a different car, behind us.

The door to the Limo opened and Ryan was the first to step out of it. Again, the chauffer helped me out of the car while, Ryan, I think was about to hang up. He kept the phone in his pocket and turned around to take my hand in his as we were supposed to enter as a couple. The next thing I knew, his jaw dropped to the ground as soon as he laid his eyes on me.

I knew it! I bloody knew it that I looked horrible! I shouldn't have listened to the salon owner and sit there for 4 stupid hours!

"Oh my God!", he gapped at me.

"What happened? Is something out of place?", I asked nervously, fixing my hair and dress.

"Brownie!!! You're the one out of this place", he said as he stepped forward.

"What is it, Ryan? You're scaring me now! If I look bad, blame them as they made me look like this!", I said with a frown.

"Can you shut up for a minute? Have you even looked at yourself in the mirror?", he retorted.

Shit! I should have done that! At least, I would have the time to fix myself.

I shook my head!

He held my shoulders and turned me around so that I was looking at myself in the window of the car.

"Holy Shit!!!!!!", I gasped.

"See, that's what I'm talking about!", he said as he looked at my reflection from behind me. "You have the looks to die for!!", he exclaimed.

The next thing I knew, my cheeks were shining with the brightest color of red. I think he noticed the blush on my face and flicked my nose with his finger.

"I guess I like the natural blush on your face!", he teased me.

"Please keep the romance for the night!", we heard someone clear their throat.

Standing behind us were Arnie and Harry who were giggling.

"We're officially married now! That means I have all the right in the world to compliment my wife!", Ryan boasted!

Did I hear him right? Did he just boast about me being his wife?

"As far as I know, you weren't exactly complimenting her! You were ogling at her!!!!", Harry teased his brother.

Ryan fell speechless on that. He scratched the back of his head, trying his best to avoid eye contact with me.

Is he blushing????? Oh my God!!!!!!

.

.

.

We were talking to everyone around us. Ryan introduced everyone to me. He had some friends from the college as well who knew about his earlier relationship but didn't say much about it. I guess they must have come to know about the whole wedding chaos.

"Excuse me, bride and groom?", one of his friends named Drake interrupted us. "If you don't mind, I'd like to flaunt myself by having an opportunity to dance with your wife", he asked Ryan.

Ryan looked a bit hesitant for a moment and turned to me for answers. Drake extended his hand in front of me, waiting for me to fill it up. Ryan shrugged at me, gesturing that it was completely my choice. Now that was a tuff decision. I didn't want to but I did give in anyway as I didn't want to come across as a rustic person.

I placed my hand in Drake's while he happily obliged. We went to the dance floor while the DJ played some rock music. Initially, it was a bit weird but when I saw his friend moving like a hippie, I chuckled. He looked so funny. Eventually, I joined and both of us starting moving on to the beats. He took my hand and swirled me around and we laughed on our clumsiness. He rocked me back and forth while having a good time together.
While we were dancing, I noticed Ryan eying both of us.

The music was then changed to a romantic one. 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran started playing and everyone around us gathered with their partners. Drake extended his hand while I took it happily. I was about to place my other hand on his shoulder when, suddenly, someone else took it.

"Ahem Ahem!!!. Sorry brother! Not on this one", Ryan intervened taking my other hand. Drake smiled and backed away while Ryan took his place. He, then, snaked his other arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I was taken aback by his sudden move. My heart started beating so loud that I could practically hear it. As a reflex, I placed my free hand on his shoulder, while he smirked at me.

"Don't you think you made him a bit awkward?", I chuckled.

"Nobody dances with you when I'm there to hold you!", he said, smirking.

"And who are you again?", I raised my brow.

He leaned in closer and whispered in my ear, "Does that need to be reminded after what happened last morning?", he said mentioning the time he when he was all over me.

My heart skipped a beat as I remembered the events of that morning. He flicked my nose with his nose, while a sly smile appeared on his face.

"Y-yo-you're a jerk!", I stammered due to the level of proximity between us.

"And I know you like it that way!", he said as he pulled me closer to him, leaving no space for any air to pass.

"When..when did I say that? Stop thinking so high of yourself!", I retorted to mask up my fragile state.

He brought his hand up to my face and gently tucked a loose stand of hair behind my ear. He then caressed the skin on my arms, sending shivers down my spine. I was so engrossed in him, that I didn't even realize that the music had stopped.

"See! Told ya", he teased as he swirled me around one last time before pulling me back to him. Everyone clapped at his last sudden move. That's when I realized that the whole dance floor was empty. It was just us who were dancing like that. Everyone applauded while there was on person who was sulking.

No! It was not Kimberly!

From the corner of my eye, I saw Savvy sulking like hell. She drowned the whole glass of wine in one go. I looked at her only to find her sneering at me. I rolled my eyes and averted my gaze back to the handsome man standing right next to me.

****

.

.

"So how was your night?", Arnie nudged me while Mr. Usher was giving us the English Assignment.

"What do you mean by that? It was just like the usual nights!", I shrugged. We were in the college the other day and Arnie hadn't stopped asking silly question like this.

"Stop being such a spoilt sport! It was the night after your reception and to top that over, I saw the two of you being cozy on the dance floor!", she smirked. Memories of last night came rushing into my mind when she said that. Ryan and I were dancing together like there was no tomorrow. Moreover, he was teasing me just like how it used to be before our marriage. It was like nothing had changed between us, except the name of the bond that we share now.

"You're blushing, girl!", Arnie said that way too loud.

"You two!", Mr. Usher glared at us. "If you can't wait for the class to get over then please get out!", he chided.

We said out apologizes and dunked our heads in the books after that.

.

.

We were sitting in the canteen in the break when I received a call from Ryan.

"Hello?", I said.

"When are you ending with your classes today?", he asked in an urgency.

"I have two more to go! Until 5 I guess. What happened?", I asked worriedly.

"Umm nothing! I was just thinking if we could go out today", he said hesitantly.

"O..kay.. but you said that you had an important meeting today?", I enquired.

"Got cancelled so I'm free for the rest of the day! So what do you say? You in?", he asked.

"Why not! See you at home!", I said.

"No! I'll pick you up from the college. Be there on time!", with that said he hung up without giving me a chance to say anything else.

"What did your husband say?, Arnie teased me again!

"He's planning something. God knows what!", I shrugged, trying to hide the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Ohh lala!", she said doing the hip thrusts, gesturing to all the hanky panky stuff!

I rolled my eyes at her as I smacked her head with my book. Just then the bell rang and we headed for our respective classes.

..

.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 5.5K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
173K 5.3K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...
99K 3.4K 52
Aurora- Fun, Loving, Heart of Gold, Help's Anyone who needs it. She was all of those thing's and more until a man from her past had Deceived her. Da...
47 16 9
He's forbidden to love her, but she's his drug. Asher Spade is starting his senior year of university and preparing to take over one of his father's...