WandaWidow - Book 1

By HeadFlusher

As Wanda Maximoff tries to navigate a life without her brother she forms a bond with former enemy, Natasha Ro... More

Chapter 1 - One Half of a Whole
Chapter 2 - When It Rains, It Pours
Chapter 3 - Coffee & Toast
Chapter 4 - Out of The Room
Chapter 5 - Welcome Back, Sam
Chapter 6 - Dinner for Four
Chapter 7 - Training Day
Chapter 8 - Eyes Open
Chapter 9 - Early Morning Rising
Chapter 10 - New Heights
Chapter 11 - Champagne Confessionals
Chapter 12 - Hazy & Hurt
Chapter 13 - Access Denied
Chapter 14 - Access Granted
Chapter 15 - Old Habits (Part 1)
Chapter 16 - Old Habits (Part 2)
Chapter 17 - Old Feelings
Chapter 18 - Boiling Over
Chapter 19 - Hand to Hand
Chapter 20 - Change of View
Chapter 21 - The Farm
Chapter 22 - Plain Sight
Chapter 23 - Sundown Secrets
Chapter 24 - Out in the Open
Chapter 26 - Unexpected Expectations
Chapter 27 - By the Bar Lights
Chapter 28 - Facing Facts
Chapter 29 - Back to Reality
Chapter 30 - Leuven
Chapter 31 - Fired Up
Chapter 32 - Failure
Chapter 33 - Impatience
Chapter 34 - Home
Chapter 35 - Hello
Chapter 36 - Roomies
Chapter 37 - Lunch
Chapter 38 - Connections
Chapter 39 - Retracing Steps
Chapter 40 - Pushed Buttons
Chapter 41 - Communication
Chapter 42 - Dinner for Two
Chapter 43 - Sweet Talk
Chapter 44 - Nightcap
Chapter 45 - Memories
Chapter 46 - Rush
Chapter 47 - Catch Up
Chapter 48 - Evaluations
Chapter 49 - Ultimo
Chapter 50 - Rest
Chapter 51 - Diners
Chapter 52 - Sparring
Chapter 53 - Birthday
Chapter 54 - Troy
Chapter 55 - The Holidays
Chapter 56 - Perseverance
Chapter 57 - Passing Time
Chapter 58 - New Tricks
Chapter 59 - Sing for Sokovia
Chapter 60 - The End
Author's Note
Book 2 Out Now!

Chapter 25 - Bliss, Interrupted

2.4K 127 26
By HeadFlusher

Natasha woke in the middle of the night to the sound of her cell vibrating on the cabinet next to her pillow. Half asleep, she picked up the phone and silenced the vibration in order to not disturb Wanda, who she could feel still curled up into her back.

She checked the screen and after wincing initially at the brightness, she was able to see that it was Steve calling, and that it was currently 4am. Carefully and gently, Natasha unwrapped herself from Wanda's arms and tiptoed out of the room, closing the door quietly behind her. As she walked down the hall she answered the phone.

"One sec," she whispered.

Steve remained silent on the other end.

Once Natasha was outside of the house and on the porch, she spoke again.

"Sorry, I needed to get out-"

"We need you back here Nat. I'm sorry," Steve interrupted.

Natasha knew she agreed to come when needed, but still felt disappointed at the idea of cutting their trip short.

"When?" she asked, rubbing her forehead with her free hand.

"Now, ideally. As soon as you can get here."

"What is it?"

"Rumlow."

"Okay. Let me just wake Wanda."

"Understood."

"See you soon Steve."

"See you, Nat. I'm really sorry again."

Natasha hung up the phone without replying. She immediately regretted it knowing that Steve wouldn't have called her if he didn't need her, but at the same time she couldn't help how she felt, and the past few days had been the best she and Wanda had had in a while.

As she quietly returned to the house, she crept back down the hall so as to not disturb the kids, and closed the bedroom door with a soft click. She dreaded having to wake Wanda up, but on turning to face the bed realised she didn't have to, as Wanda was sitting upright, pulling on her boots.

"I could hear you," she said quietly.

"I'm sorry Wanda," Natasha apologised, "He wouldn't have called unless he had to."

"I know."

Natasha thought for a moment, then spoke again.

"You know you could stay if you want?"

Wanda stopped what she was doing and looked up at Natasha, a confused expression on her face.

"Stay here, without you?"

Natasha shrugged, "Steve can make do with just me I'm sure, and you could stay a little longer. I can come back after and take you home with me then."

Wanda thought on it for a minute, "I don't know."

"It's up to you Wanda, but you seem to really like it here and I don't see why you should have to sit in the compound when you could be here."

"I guess that makes sense," Wanda agreed.

"I know it does, it was my idea," Natasha grinned.

Wanda laughed and got up from the bed, "Do you need help packing?"

"I never unpacked," Natasha admitted, "Occupational habit."

Wanda nodded and laughed, not really surprised at Natasha's preparedness.

"Okay," Wanda said slowly, "So you're leaving now?"

"Looks like it," Natasha sighed.

Wanda looked down, "Is it bad that I kind of already miss you?"

Natasha laughed, and pulled her in for a hug.

"I know the feeling," she replied quietly

As they reluctantly pulled away from each other Wanda looked deep into Natasha's eyes, really taking her in. After a moment Wanda shook herself and began to laugh.

"It's a few days," she laughed, "No need to be so dramatic."

"Yeah come on Maximoff," Natasha replied jokingly, "Get a grip."

They shared another laugh, and quickly realised that they both had no other reason for Natasha to linger any longer.

"Can I walk you out?" Wanda asked.

"Of course," Natasha smiled as she picked up her bags. Wanda took one from her, and with her other hand took Natasha's in her own.

The two walked together out of the house and as they reached the porch Wanda realised then that she was only wearing one boot.

"Oh god," she laughed embarrassed, "I guess this is where I leave you."

Natasha giggled at her, "Guess you weren't quite awake yet huh?"

"Guess not," Wanda replied, handing Natasha over her bag.

"I'll see you real soon, Maximoff."

"Yeah, you better. Don't forget about me here on the farm."

"Never," Natasha smiled.

Wanda tried to resist but pulled Natasha in for another hug, holding her tighter this time. Natasha had no choice but to drop her bags on the decking and wrap her arms around Wanda. She selfishly regretted having suggested Wanda stay, but knew deep down it would be better for her.

Wanda turned and gave Natasha a kiss on the cheek, and lingered there for a moment at the corner of her lip. Natasha turned to face her and the two froze, not knowing whether this was the best idea right now. An inch from each other, Natasha could feel Wanda's hot breath warming her face against the cool night air.

She tried for a moment to give herself any good reason to pull back, but didn't have to as Wanda created more space between them.

"Let's not say goodbye like that, how about instead you come back here and we can say hello."

Natasha smiled, "Deal."

She leaned down, returned Wanda's kiss on the cheek and picked up her bags again, walking to the jet.

Wanda watched her board, and after a few minutes waved to her as she took off. She stood there for a small while, watching the jet until it was out of view before sighing and heading back inside.

She jumped when she saw a figure standing in the hall.

"Sorry," Laura spoke quietly, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"You're fine," Wanda replied, "I didn't expect anyone to be up is all."

"Duty calls?" Laura asked.

Wanda nodded in reply, and despite the darkness shielding most of her face Laura could tell she was upset. So went to Wanda and put an arm around her, wiping away the few tears that had already escaped her tired eyes.

"I wish I could say that it gets easier, but it doesn't," she laughed.

Wanda gave a small laugh in reply, "It's silly though, I could have gone with her but I didn't."

"I'm glad you stayed, Wanda, and so is she. She'll work better knowing you're content."

"I know. She tends to be right about these things."

The two, still linked together began to walk further into the house towards the kitchen.

"She's a smart woman," Laura commented.

"Yeah, it's one of the things I love about her," Wanda said casually.

Laura stopped walking and turned, holding Wanda in front of her, who seemed to be fully unaware of what she had just said. She was confused to see a huge grin across Laura's face.

"What?" she asked confused.

"Did you hear what you just said?" Laura laughed.

"I... What did I say?" Wanda answered, still less awake than she realised.

"You just said you love her."

"I- I what?"

"You love Natasha."

"Oh god."

"Wanda-"

"That's..." Wanda trailed off.

Laura let her think, and after a second Wanda turned and looked right at her.

"I love her."

"You love her," Laura confirmed.

Wanda smiled again, letting the panic wash away. After a moment her face dropped, and she spoke again.

"I'm so screwed aren't I?"

"Absolutely," Laura laughed, "Coffee?"

"Please," Wanda replied eagerly.

"We'll figure it out, Laura assured her as the two women entered the kitchen together.

As much as it was needed, now was not the time for sleep.

A/N: Sorry for late update, and slightly shorter chapter! Some tech issues, but sorted now! Thank you all again for reading and we just hit 5K reads the other day! That's crazy! You all are the best!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 891 24
Wanda Maximoff just lost her brother, she's alone and broken in a new house, with new peoples and she's supposed to become an avengers. Natasha Roma...
55.5K 1.5K 31
After finding her twin brother dead, little Wanda Maximoff is so heartbroken she can barely even comprehend anything. She has no home and now her onl...
59.9K 2.3K 50
Wanda and Natasha tries to get a connection from each other as they fight their own darkness. Will they be able to find that comfort they've been loo...
24.8K 867 21
A Year has passed since Y/N Parker, Wanda Maximoff, and Natasha Romanoff first met and life is going great for the three of them. Y/N has a steady jo...