Lovers In Crime (A Winter Sol...

By femalefictional

A Winter Soldier/ Bucky Barnes x Reader Fanfiction Raised in Hydra with no past and real identity, you become... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Flashback
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Flashback
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Flashback
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Flashback
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Flashback
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Flashback
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Flashback
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Ten

3.2K 104 109
By femalefictional

**Slight Change in the MCU**

A year has passes since the Civil War incident within the Avengers, a year in which many unknown and some unearthly threats have ravaged different parts of the world. All these incidents needed a saviour with some sort of super power... it gave the world time to rethink, the reevaluate the importance of the Avengers... a new deal is in process and with it the full pardon (with conditions) of Winter Soldier Free - Sargent James 'Bucky' Barnes. This is all subject to no issues accruing within the team or what's left of Shield. 

You watch the news, this means Bucky would be back in New York, you could go back, rescue him. The disappearing act you'd pulled in Wakanda had not been the smartest move you'd ever made. Not only did you now not know where the only person that meant anything to you was, but everyone was after you the government, Hydra and some other people you didn't recognise. You'd wound up in a forrest somewhere, for a year you've been running, in solitude, your magic exhausting you. You stuck out like a sore thumb in most places, white streaks in your crimped looking hair, scars in most places, the inability to mingle properly without being weird and of course the agents that were constantly following you. But enough was enough, it was time to find Bucky, he could help you. 

Walking to a secluded alleyway you wait till no ones looking before creating a portal directly inside the Avenger's Tower. The lights in the hallways tinker on as you step out of the portal and follow the sound of chatter. 

"Don't mean to alarm anyone, but if everyone is in here... who is in the corridor?" Visions soothing but robotic tone cut though the chatter... the top ten floors were restricted access no-one should be up here. 

"Hi" as if on cue you appear in the doorway. Standing to attention, preparing whatever weapons they have close the avengers stand staring at you, Steve and Sam immediately standing in front of Bucky. 

"What are you doing here..." Tony gets straight to the point. 

"I came for..." 

"You know what actually, I don't care scary spice, you need to come with us."

"But I.." 

"Grab her" Rhodey, Nat and Clint come towards you. 

"Please don't..." you back away but Clint comes over and tries to manhandle you into a tight grip whilst Nat looks down and says 'sorry about this' and tasers you. 

"Well that tickled" you look up at her and she back at you confused, most people would be unconscious. "seriously you should get the stuff they used on me at Hydra...wow that was something" you say lightly but with a pain in your voice. 

"How..." you kick backwards hitting Clint in the balls sending him flying before using your portal skills to grab two kitchen knives with your hands and pull them to where you are.

"I don't want to fight anyone..." You plead.

"Then what's with the knives?" Tony ask, but it's not as harshly as you though it would be. Before you can answer Spider-Man comes swinging in from somewhere. 

"Don't worry Mr Stark! I got her" 

"Kid no!" He tried to interject but the spider-man has already used his webs to trap your hands to the door. 

"Let me go please..." you start to panic, being strapped down like that made you think of Hydra, then Shield. 

"No can do....aaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh" Suddenly sider-man, who you now see is called Peter drops to the floor in agony. You stare at him, a tesseract blue smoky magic encircles Peter as you flip the knife to face your hand you cut away the webs, nearly cutting your hand in half I the process. 

"What are you doing to him stop it!" Tony yells as Peter wriggles around in pain. 

"Its just in his head..." You're too scared to step out of the trace your in, one knife pointed at Peter, the other at the Avengers. "He's so young...." you mummer a gently tear falling from your eyes. 

"Stop right now or I blast you to hell" 

"Y/N" a deep slightly slow but familiar voice makes you snap your head round. 

"Stop." Bucky steps forward, motioning for the others to step backwards. You stare at him, tears bubbling but you can still see the Soldier with his hair and beautiful eyes but his eyes are brighter, if that were possible, his hair clean, his body relaxed, clothing softer. 

"Y, y yess sir" You let go of Peter. "I'm sorry Peter Parker" you say gently as he stands holding his head. Bucky motions for him to head towards Tony who checks him out for injuries.

"I'm fine Mr Stark...how did she do that?" he asks rubbing his head but looking at you, his question was drowned out but Bucky's commands. 

"Give me the knives Y/N" Bucky looks at you, reaching out his large hands.... you hesitate a little looking a the others. "They won't hurt you, give them to me." You look back at Bucky and slowly, carefully hand him the knives... you hold the blade so you can give him the handle... everyone notices.

"Good girl..." he says as he hands the knives to Nat, not taking his eyes off you. The words bring you comfort. "Now kneel" and you do so immediately looking a the floor. Bucky turns to the others "call who you need to, she needs a psychiatrist" he mouths and Tony nods, sending a messages though Friday but not taking his eyes away from the scene happening in front of him. 

"Why are you here?" Bucky goes back to you, talking from above at first. 

"I came to see you, Sir... I mean Bucky..." 

"Why?" His tone was cold, you look up in desperation.

"I wanted to help you?" 

"Take me back to Hydra?" 

"No!! No! That wasn't ever my plan, please believe me, I though he could help me!" You start to let the tears fall...."I'm sorry" you look at the floor. 

"Barnes..." Nat whispers cutting him out of his anger... as he looks at you, crying on the floor his heart stings pull. He crouches down to your level. 

"You need some help Y/N, whatever they did to you, Stark knows some people who can help you..." You suddenly meet his eyes terrified.

"Not the ones from last time! Please" You look at Tony who stares bewildered. 

"No not those people..." Steve motions for Tony to reassure you. 

"No, no our people..." he nods. 

"Whatever is in your head, we can find... and if not maybe Wakanda?" 

"I don't think T'Challa likes me" you smile at the joke but then stop. 

"Bucky...."

"Yeah?"

"They didn't put anything in my head...." you say slowly. 

"What?" 

"I grew up there, I just don't know any different." 

Just as you say it two armed Shield agents and two doctors walk into the room behind you. You notice turn round and smile at them before standing.

"I really am more sorry than I can ever make amends for Mr Stark.... well all of you." You look round at them, Tony looking away slightly. 

"I....Bucky I..." you breath catches.

"Go with them..." Bucky motions before you can finish your sentence and you nod slowly before putting your hands out to the gruards. 

"Why is she doing that?" One asks.

"You're not going to put the shockers on me?" 

"The what?"  Wanda asks looking annoyed. 

"No, not this time, we trust you not to leave." Tony says quietly. 

"Thank you Mr Stark....I will begin paying you back for all the hurt I've caused." You give him a smile before being escorted out.... you try to glance at Bucky but he's not facing you. Nat notices. 

"You're not going to at least say goodbye? She was about to tell you she..." 

**AVENGERS POV**

"Nat.... don't...." He looks at her solemnly. 

"You wanna talk about what just happened?"

"What do you mean Sam?" Bucky glares in the direction of a smiling Sam. 

"I can't be the only one who noticed?" He stretches his arms out, everyone else also looks at each other amused, the tension of the last ten minutes easing. 

"Yes sir? Kneel?.... what sort of kinky 50 shades did you and your girlfriend get up too?" 

"Sam..." Bucky said in a warning voice.

"Oh come on, you can share with us, we wo..."

"You know it may seem very funny to you... but that girl there..." he points towards the door you had just left form "thinks that being beaten up and electrocuted is normal...the only thing they showed her was how to behave like a submissive but not in a loving environment, no, they showed her videos and tired her up until she was in pain, suffering, crying.... this was the only thing she could show the winter soldier when she though he needed cheering up... because that's why the guards said cheered them up" the room fell silent. "she only learned how to hug and be gentle when she snuck out one time to see a film... she came back and asked if I... the winter soldier could hold her...so please.... this isn't some sort off joke...." Bucky glares around and the crestfallen faces of his colleagues before leaving and heading to his room. Despite not wanting to be around you, still not trusting your mind, your loyalty to the winter soldier...one thing still remained and that was the tight hold you had on his heart... a feeling of wanting to protect you from everyone and everything but he didn't trust it, not yet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 211 22
After ten years of being tortured by Hydra, Y/n finally manages to escape. Soon after her best friend, Bucky Barns, finds his way back to her and the...
17.4K 755 24
A Winter Soldier/ Bucky Barnes x Reader Fanfiction Book 2 of 2: The sequel to Lovers In Crime After your dark and unusual past, is it really possib...
72.8K 2.1K 51
"Was any of it real? Or did you just use me? Tell me!" "Don't make this hard Bucky. You are just a means to an end." "Then look me in the eye and tel...
229K 6.9K 30
Part One of the "No Tricks" Trilogy. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes AKA The Winter Soldier doesn't remember much of his past. You are a forme...