You're the One for Me

By vickye1999

Rosalie Stryder got dumped a year ago and so far, she thinks she's doing pretty well. But what happens if the... More

You're the One for Me
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!!!!
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Six

43 3 0
By vickye1999

~~ When I said I'd about last week but didn't...oops? Sorry it took me so long, hopefully this chapter makes up for it!

Anyway, feel free to listen to the song on the top. It's called "The Fault In Our Stars (MMXIV)" by Troye Sivan (who has the voice of an angel by the way). ~~

**Still Ben's POV**

A couple weeks later.....

Rose and I had visited her dad every few days over the past couple weeks and every time we'd visit, he just seemed to be getting weaker and weaker. It was horrible seeing him go through this, and I felt even worse for Rose. She'd leave with tears in her eyes every time.

Today however, we were sitting next to each other in class when they called her name over the speaker.

I looked over at her and she was practically frozen.

I placed my hand over hers. "Rosie?"

She shook her head as she looked over at me. "You don't think-"

"I'm right here for you. Call me and I'll be right out there with you."

"Thank you."

She gave me a quick peck on the cheek before grabbing her things and making her way to the office.

I really hoped everything was alright and it wasn't what we thought it was.

A few hours later.....

Jess, John, Zac, and I were sitting at our usual table at lunch when my phone started ringing and I saw Rose's name flashing on the screen.

"Hey, Rosie. Is everything okay?" I asked her.

"Could you maybe come to the hospital please? I know you guys still have other classes after lunch and everything, but I just really need you here." She said.

"Say no more. I'm on my way."

"Okay, thanks. I love you."

"Love you too, Rosie. I'll see you soon."

Disconnecting, I looked over to my friends staring at me, waiting for answers.

"This might be it." I told them.

"Let's go then. I don't want to be stuck here when I could be supporting my best friend." Jess said as she stood up, the rest of us following suit.

Within minutes we were making our way to the hospital and up to Rose's dad's room. We saw her mum standing out in the corridor once we got up there and she looked beside herself.

"How's he doing?" Zac asked her.

"The doctor's say we should be saying our goodbyes now. I've said mine. Alex and Rose are in there now saying theirs." She explained.

"We're so sorry." Jess apologised, giving her a tight hug. "We're all here for you guys."

We sat down in the waiting area and after a few minutes there were doctors and nurses rushing down the hallway followed by screaming.

"He's gone." Rose's mum said as she put her head in her hands and Jess and Zac were sitting next to her immediately, trying to sooth her.

There was a loud slam followed by even more screaming.

"Dad! Dad? Please, no! No! Dad, wake up! Please, Dad!"

I got up and raced to the room, following the screams and the cries. I pushed open the door to find people zooming around the place. Looking around, I saw Alex and Rose near the window, her hugging him for dear life.

"Shh. It's okay, Rose. I'm here, it's alright." I heard Alex try and calm her down.

Alex saw me in the doorway and slowly moved him and Rose out of the room, out into the corridor.

"He's not gone. It's impossible." Rose whispered as she hugged Alex even tighter - if that was humanly possible.

Alex was looking like he was lost for words. Not that he had to say anything, really. He just needs to be there for her.

"I-I should go check up on Mum." He stuttered as he loosened his grip on her.

She nodded. "Yeah. See if she's okay for me."

She turned to me after watching Alex walk into the waiting room and she didn't need to say anything to me. I was already there for her, wrapping my arms around her while she broke down in tears once again.

"I didn't even get to say that I loved him back. He'd said it, then just as I was about to respond, he's gone." She told me between sobs. "I didn't say it back."

I started to rub circles in her back. "He knows you love him very much, Rosie."

"But I just wanted him to hear it from me one last time."

"You can always tell him. He's still with us."

"You're right." She sighed, relaxing in my arms. "Thanks for being here."

"Anytime, Rosie."

She pulls away a little bit, but not too far that I still can't have my arms around her.

"So...I know that I should possibly be with my mum, but is it possible for us to get out of here? I don't want to be-" I cut her off.

"Yeah, of course. Where did you want to go?" I asked.

"I don't mind."

"We can go to my place for dinner?"

"You don't cook."

"I can try."

She gives me a look that says 'I don't believe you at all'.

I laughed. "Okay, I'm kidding. Mum's actually making roast chicken."

Her face lights up a little. "I haven't had that in ages."

"Great. Did you have your bag with you or anything?"

"It's alright. I'll just text Jess to grab it off of Alex for me."

"Alrighty then. Let's go."

Rose was awfully quiet during the ride to my place. However, I couldn't exactly blame her either. When we got inside my house, you could smell the roast instantly.

"Hey, Mum." I greeted her as we walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, sweetie. Hello, Rose." She replied happily.

"Hi, Jocelyn." Rose said to her, flashing a small smile.

That was when Sara came running into the room.

"Rosie's here!" She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms Rose tightly. "Can you come play with me, Rosie?"

"I'd love to." Rose answered.

Sara broke out into a huge smile. "Yay! Let's go!"

And with that, she pulled Rose upstairs and out of sight.

"So..." My mum started. "How's Phil doing?"

"He's...not with us anymore." I answered sadly as I leaned against the island bench.

"Oh that's horrible! How's Kylie and Alexander doing?"

"I haven't really heard much from them. I brought Rose straight here after she told me she didn't want to be in there anymore."

"She seems to be coping alright. She's got you for support. Don't let her fall, Ben."

"I'll always be there for her, Mum. I've told her that heaps of times."

My mum made a whipping sound.

I smiled. "Very funny, Mum."

"Sorry, honey, but you know it's true." She laughed. "Anyway, tell me now. Where do you even see you two going?"

"Hopefully being more than what we are now, that's for sure."

"Well I definitely see you two together. Just make sure that you're safe. I'm too young to become a grandmother."

I broke out into a coughing fit.

"Oh my God, Mum! Are you seriously trying to give me The Talk?" I exclaimed.

"No, I'm just making sure." She said as she passed me some plates and cutlery. "Now set the table. Andrew will be here any minute now."

I did as she said and sure enough, a few minutes later my dad Andrew walked in. They started bringing the food to the table and I went upstairs to tell Rose and Sara that dinner was ready. I was walking down the hallway when I heard laughing coming not from Sara's room, but from mine. I pushed open the door to find them lying on my bed watching a movie on my TV.

"She's the Man? Really?" I questioned them as I leaned against the doorframe.

Sara just shrugged. "Rosie looked like she needed a laugh."

I looked over at Rose and she gave me a small smile.

"Sara, why don't you head downstairs? Dinner's ready." I told her.

She got off my bed and ran downstairs into the dining room while Rose turned off the TV. She then walked over and came to a stop in front of me.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." She tried to assure me as she gave me a quick peck on the lips before grabbing my hand and leading me back downstairs.

During dinner, I noticed that Rose had hardly eaten anything and was pushing her food around her plate a little.

I leaned over slightly. "Are you alright, Rosie?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I guess I'm not as hungry as I thought."

"When was the last time you ate something?"

"Dad and I shared some stuff Alex brought up from the cafeteria."

"And what time was that?"

"A couple hours before he...well, you know..."

I placed my hand over hers. "I'm right here for you, Rosie."

She gave my hand a light squeeze. "Thanks, Ben."

I glanced over at my parents who had finished their conversation and were looking at us.

"I'm sorry. You two are just too cute." My mum gushed.

I rolled my eyes. "Mum..."

"Oh hush. Just remember what I told you earlier."

"Trust me. I'm not going to forget for a long time."

"What'd she say earlier?" Rose asked me, sounding slightly confused.

"Nothing." I quickly answered.

"What is it? Is it embarrassing?"

"No..."

"It is! What is it?"

My mum pitched in. "I told him that whatever happens between you two, just keep it safe."

I practically facepalmed myself while it took Rose a few seconds for her to register what she had said.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed as she covered her face with her hands, hiding how red she'd just gone.

"See?" I asked her.

She nodded quickly, hands still covering her face. "Yep. Definitely didn't need to hear that."

"I told you so." I said.

I'm so glad that Sara had finished eating way before us so she didn't have to hear any of this and start asking questions.

The rest of us finished not too long after with my parents cleaning up and Rose and I headed back up to my room.

"You hardly ate anything, Rosie." I said as we sat down on my bed.

"I know. I just wasn't that hungry, I guess." She replied.

I nodded. "Okay. I'm just making sure is all."

She leaned on my shoulder. "You care about me way too much."

"Just looking out for you, Rosie." I said as I held her hand. "So...did you want to finish watching She's the Man?"

"Sure."

**Rosalie's POV**

After the movie.....

Ben lent me yet another one of his shirts to change into before we got into his bed and went off to sleep. Or at least, Ben was sleeping. I however was laying next to him, wide awake.

There's no way that I will be forgetting about anything that happened today. I can't believe my own dad passed away. I couldn't sleep properly. Every time I closed my eyes I'd see him and then the nightmare of him being taken away from me over and over again would play, making me feel even worse than I already was.

Looking at Ben's alarm clock, I noticed that it was nearing midnight. I slipped out of the bed, being careful not to stir Ben, and made my way downstairs to the kitchen to get a drink.

I sat at the island bench for a little bit before I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs and then a relieved sigh.

"There you are." Ben said as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me.

"Did you think I was just going to leave you or something?" I asked him.
"No..."

"You so did."

"Sorry."

"Don't be."

"Couldn't you sleep?" He asked.

"It's hard." I sighed.

"And why do you say that?"

"Because every time I close my eyes I see him."

"Rosie..." He started.

I shook my head. "Don't. Don't say anything, please."

He turned me around and pulled me to my feet, hugging me tightly to his bare chest.

"Is everything alright down here?" A new voice asked.

Ben and I pulled apart just enough to see Jocelyn standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"Rose? Are you alright?" She questioned me as she walked towards us.

"Just having a bit of trouble sleeping." I answered.

"You shouldn't let what's happened get to you like this. You need to sleep. And don't think I didn't see you pushing food around your plate at dinner."

"I know, but...wait a second. Who told you about-"

Ben raised his hand. "It may or may not have been me."

I stepped away from him. "What? Why-" Jocelyn then cut me off.

"In his defense, I kind of picked up that he was acting a bit weird after school one day and got it out of him. Andrew and I actually ended up visiting your father a couple times." She explained.

"You did? And Ben acting weirder than usual? This is the first time I'm hearing about this."

"I know!"

"Okay, hold up. This isn't supposed to be about me, alright?" Ben told us.

Jocelyn just continued talking to me. "Shame you don't see him when you're not around. He's definitely weird beyond words can even describe."

"What? Mum!" Ben exclaimed. "Okay, that's it. I'm going back to bed."

I grabbed his arm to stop him from going any further. "Aw...please don't go, Ben."

He pulled my hand off of him and kissed it before backing towards the stairs. "I'll meet you back up there."

With him gone, Jocelyn and I turned back to each other.

"I swear, you guys are so cute it's going to make me cry one of these days." She joked.

I felt my cheeks heat up at her comment.

"But anyway, back to the real topic, you shouldn't let this rule you. I've lost somebody close to me too, I know how you're feeling, but I didn't let it stop me from doing things. Try focusing on other things before you go to sleep and please eat." She advised me.

"I will." I nodded before pulling her into a small hug. "Thank you."

"Anytime, sweetheart. You can come talk to me whenever you want. I'm here for you too."

"Okay. Thanks again."

"It's no problem. Just try and get some sleep now, alright?"

I nodded again and made my way back upstairs to Ben's room to find him lying back on his bed.

"I'm not weird." He pouted.

"Don't deny it, just accept it." I teased as I lied down next to him.

"I can't believe you and my own mum teamed-up against me."

"But you love us."

"That's debatable."

"Oh shut up."

I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head against his bare chest. Turning it slightly, I then kissed right over where his heart is.

"I love you, Ben." I said.

He leaned down and kissed the top of my head. "I love you too, Rosie. More than you'll ever know. "

I smirked. "That's also debatable."

He laughed. "Go to sleep, Rose."

~~ So...did I make up for updating late? Because I'm really hoping that I did!

Next chapter might be a little bit on the sad side like this one, but fingers-crossed it won't be too long of a wait and I won't update late this time!

Please don't forget to comment, vote, share, and all that other fun stuff! ~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818K 68.6K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
186K 4.1K 26
"I only fuck girls who want to be fucked, flipped over and banged, Sunshine and..." "And that's what I want, daddy. Exactly what I want from you." * ...
530K 29K 48
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐬𝐑πͺ 𝐀𝐒 𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧 advika: "uski nafrat mere pyaar se jeet gayi bhai meri mohabbat uski nafrat ke samne kamzor padh gay...
423K 1.2K 10
Fun wlw sex. Different kinks and stuff, all about trying things. May even include potential plot lines and will definitely include some form after ca...