Chapter Thirty

**Still Ben's POV**

A couple days later (Tuesday).....

I woke up to unfamiliar surroundings. Where the hell was I? The room was white and there was this bright light shining in my eyes. I looked over to my side and saw Sara sitting next to me.

"Hey, kiddo." I greeted her.

"Benny, you're awake! About time. You've been out for two days." She replied.

"Two days? Are you serious? What happened? Where am I? Where's Mum and Dad?"

"To answer those questions: Yes. Yes. You were in a car accident. You're in a hospital. And Mum and Dad are downstairs getting breakfast in the cafeteria."

"I'm not that hurt, am I?"

"No. Just some bruises. The car came from behind, but it was enough to knock you out."

A couple minutes later, our parents came back into the room.

"Oh, Ben, you're finally awake. Thank goodness!" My mum exclaimed.

"I feel fine, Mum." I tried to assure her.

"That's just the medicine talking. You need to get some food into your system."

"I didn't even get hurt that bad."

"We know, but there's no harm in being a little extra careful now, just in case."

"Whatever you say, Mum."

Our dad helped me sit up and handed me some food they bought from downstairs. Sara slid off the bed and sat on our mum's lap in the chair next to it.

"Has anyone tried to contact me in the past couple days?" I asked them as I ate.

"We don't know. We didn't check your phone. You like your privacy." My mum told me.

"Can I have it to check then?"

"After you finish eating."

"Fine."

I finished eating in the next few minutes and my dad handed me my phone. Obviously, there wouldn't be anything from my family, they probably already knew I couldn't get to my phone in those two days.

There were a lot of messages from Rose though. Of course she wouldn't know. But if John knew, then wouldn't he have told Jess who'd tell Rose? Maybe they just didn't want her to worry. But now, it looked like she was freaking out.

Anyway, there had to be about three missed calls, seven unread messages, and two failed Skype calls. Damn it, we were supposed to talk today, and now she's probably freaking out. Well, my phone does have a reverse camera, I might as well just call her now.

"Do you mind if I Skype my friend for a couple minutes?" I asked my parents.

"Not at all. Did you want us to step outside?" My mum replied.

"If you can."

"Okay then."

My family filed outside of the small room while I attempted to Skype Rose. I was about to try for a second time when she called me. I answered and her face popped up on the screen.

"Ben? Where are you? I've been freaking out over here because no one would tell me where you were-" I had to cut her off again.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too." I greeted her.

"Where are you, Ben?"

"Funny story, actually. I was just in a car accident a couple days ago."

"You were in a what?"