Chapter Thirty-One

**Jessica's POV**

A few days later (Sunday).....

Rose and Zac had arrived back from London early this morning. Alex stayed back, though. I don't know why, but he did.

Rose told me some really weird news a little after she was settled in, and ever since then, she's been cooped up in her room.

I've tried to go in and talk to her about it more, but she wouldn't budge, so I left her alone. I think Zac tried to talk to her as well, but he ended up with the same result.

Ben hadn't stopped by yet, which was weird considering he was desperate for her to arrive back in the first place.

But hey, speaking of the devil, Ben's just pulled up. Zac went upstairs to tell Rose, but when the door reopened, Zac was the only one that came out.

"Still nothing?" I asked him.

"Yep. But what can we do?" He replied as Ben was let into the house.

"Hey. Can I see Rose yet, or is she still settling back in?" He asked us.

Zac just walked away, leaving me to break the news to him...sort of.

"Ben, I know this might sound weird coming from me, but what did you do when you left Rose?" I asked him hesitantly.

"I just lived up at my uncle and aunt's place and did stuff up there." He answered.

"No, not that. Did you...see anyone while you were there?"

"I don't remember. Why?"

"You know, lying is a major factor when it comes to break ups."

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you see someone while you were away and not tell Rose about it?" I questioned him.

"Why do you want to know so bad?" He responded.

"Because Rose bumped into the girl that you supposedly went out with and you came up in the conversation."

"Are you serious? When did this happen?"

"This morning on the flight back from London. They sat next to each other on the plane and someone brought up the topic of you, and now Rose is up in her room and refuses to come out because you lied to her when you said that she was the only girl on your mind."

"F*ck. Look, can I just go see her, please? I need to talk to her."

"Then by all means, pray that she doesn't break up with you." I told him.

He brushed past me as he headed up to Rose's room.

This could only end in tears.

**Rosalie's POV**

I was sitting on the couch in the bay window. I was curled up into a ball with my arms wrapped around my legs and head on my knees.

I just had to think about what I'd just heard on the plane from that girl.

My thinking time was interrupted by knock at my door. This had been happening all morning, and to be honest, I was getting fed up with it.

"Rose? Can I talk to you?" Why did Ben have to come over now? I was not in the mood for his crap.

"Go away!" I shouted, the sound muffled slightly.

"I'm not leaving until we figure things out."

"Just leave me alone!"

"Rose. These doors don't even have locks on them. I'm giving you a choice here. I could just barge in, but I'll leave it up to you."