Chapter Six

**Still Rosalie's POV**

The next day.....

Once I was up and dressed, I got a text from Jess and we jumped into conversation.

Jess: Hey!!! Party at my place tonight!

Me: What for?

Jess: I'm the new cheerleading captain, remember? I'm supposed to throw parties!

Me: Alright then. When did you want me to come over?

Jess: You don't mind coming over a little earlier, do you? If so, come at five.

Me: Sure! See you then.

Jess: Great!!! See you there!

After a few more minutes had passed, I got a call from Zac. This better not be about the whole relationship thing.

"Hey, Rose." He greeted me.

"Hey." I replied.

"Did Jess tell you about the party tonight?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I was just wondering if you needed a ride."

"What's wrong with my BMW?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to know if we could go together is all." He told me.

"Okay. But I have to get there earlier. Jess wanted me to help her out with something." I informed him.

"That's fine. What time?"

"Five. Is that alright?"

"Yeah. I'll see you just before then."

"Okay, bye."

Disconnecting, I soon wandered into my walk-in wardrobe. Jess didn't really give me a heads up about this, so God knows what I'll be able to throw together between now and five.

Since this was probably going to be one of those raging teen parties, I decided on a mid-thigh length royal blue dress with some gorgeous heels I got for Christmas from my aunty.

I went out for some late breakfast at a local café, went for a walk in the park. This took a couple hours and then I went back to my apartment where I was in makeover mode. I took a shower, did my hair and makeup, and decided to sit back for a little bit.

Once I started reading, I didn't realise how into the book I would get, and soon found out that I read for another couple hours.

I went back into the bathroom to check on my hair and makeup. Making any adjustments, I was soon out of there and putting on my dress.

Four o'clock. What the hell was I supposed to do for an hour? I started reading again when I got an unexpected call.

"Hello?" I answered, not looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, Rose." Oh. It was Ben.

"What did you want from me now?"

"Were you going to Jess' party tonight?"

"Yes."

"Well did you want me to give you a ride?"

"Uh...no thanks." I declined.

"Has he already asked you?" He questioned me.

"What have you got against him? Zac's a nice guy."

"I'm sure he is."

"Is that all you called up for?"

"Do you mind if I come over?"

"What? Why? We're going to see each other in a couple hours anyway." I told him.

"Okay. Never mind then. I'll see you tonight." He said.

"Alright, bye."

"Bye, Rose."

Why did Ben have to be such an ass when it comes to Zac? Maybe if he acted better, he'd have more of a chance instead of being the total douche that he is.

I went back to reading (again) for the remaining time before one of my maids came in.

"Your friend's here, Miss." She told me.

"Thanks. Just tell him I'll be right out." I replied as I grabbed checked my hair and makeup again before grabbing my bag and going out into my apartment's foyer.

"Hey!" I greeted Zac excitedly.

"Hey." He replied as we shared a brief hug. "You look great."

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself."

"So you think my t-shirt and jeans look is not too bad?"

"Definitely. You forgot about your hair, though. It looks like a bird's nest."

I brushed a hand through his dark brown hair before smoothing it out again.

"Thanks." He said.

"No need to thank me, I do this all the time. Now let's go. Jess'll have a fit if we don't get there on time." I told him as we walked out the door.

At Jess' house.....

Turns out, all that Jess needed help with was her outfit. Her hair and makeup was done, but she couldn't decide on a dress. She had like half of her wardrobe sprawled out across her bed.

In the end, we'd decided on a mid-thigh length off-white dress that made her look like an angel with her really light brown hair.

We went back downstairs where Zac was talking with John. Jess and I joined their conversation and soon enough, the rest of the guests started pulling up.

"I'm going to go outside and welcome them. Come with me?" Jess asked me.

"Sure." I agreed as we went outside.

We welcomed so many people I lost count. There were so many people here and there were still more people coming. She'd invited the whole cheerleading team, the whole basketball team, and a couple other classes from our year level. The only person who hadn't pulled up yet was Ben.

It was almost half an hour into the party when Ben decided to show up.

"Hey! Where were you?" I asked him.

"I just got held up is all." He said.

"Aww...couldn't you find anything to wear?"

"Very funny, Rose, but no. Sara wanted to watch another Channing Tatum movie."

"So you know who Channing Tatum is now? Thank God! What movie was it?"

"To be honest, I really don't know. I fell asleep."

"How could you fall asleep during a Channing Tatum movie? Wait, don't answer that. He's amazing, and you decided to take a nap? Oh my God. You've got issues, my friend, major issues." I said to him.

"I love it when you ramble on like that." He told me.

"Gee, thanks, I-"

I would've finished my sentence if Ben hadn't pulled me toward him to engulf me in a kiss. Somewhere in that moment, I realised that I might've been kissing him back. No, no, no! I have to do something, now.

I pushed Ben away from me. He stumbled, but he soon rightened himself.

"What the hell was that?" I demanded.

"That was what we call in the English language, a kiss." He joked.

"I don't have time for your stupid, idiotic jokes, Ben. Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Don't kiss me back then."

"Argh! You're so annoying! Just leave me alone, will you?"

"Can't do that."

"And why not, Ben?" I questioned him.

He sighed. "Rose, can't you see it? I'm still deeply in love with you."

~~ Bam!!! That's yet another installment for you! Please comment what you think, and don't forget to vote! ~~