Chapter Fifteen

**Ben's POV**

The next day.....

I'd left Rose's apartment a while after she'd left for dinner with the douche she calls a boyfriend. I've sobered-up now, so I can think straight.

To be honest, I am sort of jealous that she's with someone else. I mean, why wouldn't she want to get back together with me? I craved for her to be in my arms again. To be called mine and no one else's.

I was now going to pick Rose up from her apartment. Waiting patiently outside, the door finally opened, revealing one of the most amazing sights I've ever seen.

Rose looked stunning in a short lacey black dress with blue heels  and matching bag that was the same colour as her eyes. I know I told her earlier on today (via text) to wear something nice, but this just blew me away.

"It's not too much, is it?" She asked me once we got in the elevator.

"No, it's perfect." I replied.

"Thanks."

"Is that by any chance what you wore on our first date?"

"You remember?"

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know. It's just a bit surprising, I guess." She told me.

At the restaurant.....

After a bit of an awkward silence, I finally asked the question that was bugging me the most.

"Are you by any chance still trying to figure out why I left?" I asked Rose.

"Sort of. I haven't really thought about it recently." She answered.

"Would you like to know?"

"Of course I would. You left me without giving me a reason, then didn't contact me for a year. I think I deserve an explanation."

"Well, I guess I sort of lied to myself in the beginning. I thought I just needed to take a break or whatever, but that wasn't the case. You see, before I left, my parents divorced. I didn't want to deal with them for a while, so I left."

"Why didn't you tell me this, Ben? We've known each other for years and yet you still keep secrets from me."

"I'm sorry, Rosie. I really, really am." I apologised.

"Then why didn't you contact me? Am I really not that important to you?" She questioned me.

"You're one of the most important people in my life, Rosie. There's nothing that could change my feelings about you."

"That still doesn't give me a reason why you didn't call me."

"I didn't want to drag you into all of the drama that was going on, okay?"

"You think I can't handle drama? Seriously? Don't you know me at all?"

"Of course I know you, Rosie. Why wouldn't I?" I said.

"Oh yeah? Prove it. How well do you really know me?" She challenged me.

"Well for starters, your favourite colour's purple, it always has been. Which is closely followed by red. Not a bright red, though. You're into a more deeper red. You're favourite ice-cream flavour is still Vienna Coffee, even after all those times your parents wouldn't let you drink actual coffee. You love reading. I definitely know this, because you didn't stop talking about The Mortal Instruments for ages. You were always raving about that Jace guy, yet I still don't see what you see in him. You also love Channing Tatum. I'm a hundred per cent sure on this one because you own all of his movies-"

"You really do know a fair bit about me, don't you?"

"I'm not even finished yet. You like listening to Beyoncé and Ed Sheeran, and you absolutely hate One Direction. As in, you'd claw your eyes out if you saw them. You're favourite food is spaghetti, it's always been like that. You used to own a dog named Jacob after that wolf guy from Twilight. I mean, seriously? What does that guy have that I don't?"

"He's got an eight-pack. I find that hard to compete with."

"Eight-pack my ass. When's the guy gonna make another movie?" I asked her.

"You're just jealous." She said.

"Of what? I don't need his looks."

"Okay, getting back on track here. I guess you do know a whole lot about me."

"The hell I do. What's my prize?"

"We celebrate your knowledge with a Channing Tatum movie!"

"Really, Rose?" I questioned her.

She smiled. "Yep. I'm thinking something along the lines of Magic Mike. What do you think?"

"God no!"

"Shh! People are staring."

"Why the hell would I want to watch Magic Mike for?"

"To show you what real men look like."

"Ouch! That hurt real bad, Rose. You really know how to toy with a guy." I said sarcastically.

"I'm not toying with you. I'm stating facts." She replied jokingly.

"Ouch! There's another one."

"Fine, fine. What did you want to do?"

"Did you wanna come back to my place?"

"Sure."

A minute went by before Rose started to get all curious.

"So your parents are divorced, yet they still live under the same roof. How does that work?" She asked me.

"Because of Sara. They don't want her to grow up having to shift place-to-place just to see our parents. You can't do that to a kid, it's just cruel. Parents should be living under the same roof as their kids. That's how families work." I answered.

"What about you? They would've wanted you under the same roof as them as well."

"Yeah, but sometimes I think they love Sara more than me. I'm usually more difficult."

"Well...I think it's great that your parents have figured out a way to stay together all this time."

Back at Ben's house.....

Rose was reading to Sara before she tucked her into bed. I went to the bathroom quickly when suddenly, someone started banging on the door.

"What?" I called out.

"Ben, you need to get out here." Rose said from the other side.

"You know there's other bathrooms here, right?"

"I don't need to use the bathroom, Ben. Just open the door."

"Can I fix my hair first?"

"I swear to God, Ben. This is no time for joking. If you do not open this door, I'll break it down for you."

I finally opened the door for her. She was cradling Sara in her arms with a scared expression on her face.

"What's wrong, Rose? You're kinda scaring me here." I asked her urgently.

She glanced down at Sara before looking back up at me. "It's Sara. She can't breathe properly."

Well, f*ck.

~~ Sorry I had to cut it off here, but chapter 16 will be out soon!!!

Praise for The Mortal Instruments. *JLC* members, you know exactly what I'm talking about!

Praise for Twilight. My first ever love (bookwise). Team Jacob forever!!!

*JLC* = Is an exclusive club for The Mortal Instruments that was founded by my friend, Annie (frick yeah!). ~~