Chapter Twenty-Five

**Still Ben's POV**

The next day.....

It was about three o'clock when I picked up Rose to go to Sara's party. We were in the car, and everything was pretty quiet before I heard Rose singing quietly to herself to some song on the radio.

"I could've shown you america,

All the bright lights of the universe,

Could've reached, the highest heights,

A different place, a different life,

Remember that night underneath the stars,

For a minute I thought the world was ours,

All you had to do, was show me love."

"You've got an amazing voice, Rosie." I complimented her.

"I wasn't that loud, was I?" She asked. Damn that blush of hers.

"No. I'm just a good listener...when I want to be, of course."

"But I'm not that much of a good singer though."

"Who sings this song anyway?"

"The Wanted.....wait. Don't you go buying me their CD just because I like them. You don't need to keep buying me stuff."

Well there goes that idea. Nah, it's alright. There's still the other part of my gift I haven't given her yet. I think it's cheesy, but I think she'll love it regardless of what it is. But...I'll get that CD for her later on. I'll probably give it to her next week or something. If I end up buying it in the first place. Who knows?

We soon arrived at my place and since we had some spare time, we decided to hang out in my room. Maybe I should just give her my other gift now.

"Close your eyes." I told Rose as she sat on my bed.

"Okay..." She said as she closed her eyes.

I grabbed the small box off my bedside table and made my way back over to her. I took the necklace out and fastened it around her neck.

"You can opened them now." I said to her. "The mirror's over there."

She got up and went over to the mirror. "B as in Ben, right?" She smiled as she turned back to me.

"Yep."

"You're really cheesy, you know that?"

"Yeah, but you love me."

"True."

"So do you like it?" I asked her.

"I love it." She answered.

"That's what I was hoping for."

"I still think you shouldn't keep buying me gifts though. I feel like I'm in debt to you or something."

"As long as you keep loving me, you've already payed me back." I told her. "So...did you wanna keep reading The Notebook to me?"

"Sure." She agreed.

"Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can't control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That's what it was like for me. I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has happened only once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it."