The only one(Fem Karma x Asan...

By MysteriousGai

The next school year started and this time in high school. And this time the red head demon Karma Akabane was... More

Chapter 1 New School year
Chapter 2 He cared
Chapter 3 The Chairman got curious
Chapter 4 Romeo and Juliet
Chapter 5 Romeo VS Juliet
Chapter 6 Sexual tension
Chapter 7 Trapped
Chapter 8 making Gakushuu flustered
Chapter 9 flustered
Chapter 10 Gakuho made a mistake
Chapter 11 What happened next
Chapter 12 Stuck with you part 1
Chapter 13 Stuck with you part 2
Chapter 14 Stuck with you part 3
Chapter 15 Stuck with you Part 4
Chapter 16 Becoming closer
Chapter 17 Growing feelings
Chapter 18 Maybe being together isn't so bad
Chapter 20 The bet that will change everything
Chapter 21 Disappointment
Chapter 22 He asked her out and she said yes
Chapter 23 The Date
Chapter 24 The Devil Couple
Chapter 25 Karma will you be my girlfriend?
Chapter 26 Yes or No?
Chapter 27 So what happens next? Well...
Chapter 28 Meet the parents
Chapter 29 Gakushuu's fear
Chapter 30 Approval
Chapter 31 Awkward Reunion
Chapter 32 Possessive Girlfriend
Chapter 33 Summer

Chapter 19 Love is merciless

826 42 102
By MysteriousGai

It turned out that Asano's mood wasn't caused just by Karma's doing. He was moody and spacing out a lot during the dinner, earning himself some questions about his well being and suspicious looks from his father. Of course, the perfect student didn't let his discomfort show - it was more like the chairman and the redhead were way too observant.

And they knew that Gakushuu was acting.

Fortunately for him, his father had some work to do so he wasn't going to be home until very late. Unfortunately for him, since it was Friday, the girl was free to stay for a bit longer, which she of course did.

Currently, both of them were sitting on a sofa in dark and trying to find a film to watch. However, there was nothing interesting in it, so they just put something on for the sake of having some source of sound and light at all.

The living room was pretty cold. The wind was strong outside and it was starting to resemble a smaller version of a storm. The snow was no longer melting nor leaving wet smudges on the window, instead it stayed there and drew frozen pictures on the glass.

Speaking of which, the window might have been opened, because even though the radiator was still on, both felt like freezing. But neither of them bothered to check or do something about it, the chilly air discouraging them from leaving the comfort of the sofa.

"There's actually a blanket in the drawer next to you," the boy remarked, mindlessly pushing buttons on the remote. Still nothing worth seeing.

Karma stretched her whole upper body to take the blanket. It was a bit funny to watch but right now, their survival depended on that single sheet of cloth.

When she finally got it, she realized one thing. It was no bigger than two meters.

She and Asano were sitting the farthest from each other and in order for them both to use it, they'd have to get real close.

Of course, the boy was aware of that too and he sighed in defeat: "Do we have any other choice?"

"Yes, you could go and close the window, get yourself another blanket or take some clothes."

"Not an option,"

And once again, they were met with the awkward silence.

"You know what, screw it," Karma in the end said, staring right into the latter's eyes: "Come here and we share the blanket. Yeah and," she held her finger up in the teacher way, "Just to make sure, it means nothing,"

"Absolutely nothing at all," Gakushuu nodded in agreement.

"Not even a single thing,"

"Not even half of a single thing,"

"Deal," and with that, the teens moved to the middle, wrapped themselves in the blanket, shoulder-to-shoulder.

Of course, initially the contact made them very awkward and they tried to focus on anything else but the fact that they were right next to each other, touching. Karma was now in charge of the TV, making disapproving noises because damn - were there really no interesting films on?

"Akabane, the remote's gonna break," the boy remarked, seeing her continuous clicking in the speed of light.

"But this is so boring,"

"Whatever, just choose something and let it be."

In the end, the only thing they agreed on was a documentary film about snakes.

"That's Nagisa-kun," she whispered, suddenly feeling really good for that reference joke. Not that Gakushuu got it.

It was starting to get dark outside despite it being only something past seven. The teens were now leaning on each other, not really aware of the fact though, and mindlessly watching the TV. Though that was the last thing in their mind.

"So... you're not sleeping fine lately?" Karma finally asked the thing she has been wondering about the whole time. Sure, she was making fun of him, but the fact that he would have to go such lenghts to appear fine concerned her.

"Stop mockin-"

"I'm not mocking you. I'm seriously asking now," she interrupted him, looking straight into the boy's amethyst eyes, "Are you okay?"

The unusual sentiment and honesty from the redhead surprised him. He stayed quiet for some time, not knowing whether he should really talk about this. But the girl was still staring, waiting for an answer.

Since she already knew half of it, no point in trying to hide anything anymore.

"I am fine," he started and immediately felt the distrustful eyes on him, "it's just that I have been focusing on lots of things lately. And sleep wasn't really all that possible anymore."

He got himself another glare: "What do you mean by lots of things?"

"Can we please drop this,"

"No," she made a disapproving face, though the corners of her lips were starting to curve up. "So I was right about you not keeping up wi-"

"Would you please-"

"Not a chance. You know what? I actually told you before," Karma rised her head in a self-conceited way.

Sceptical, Gakushuu narrowed his eyes: "Told me what,"

"That you will break down from all the pressure. Studying, school council, after school activities, sports, musical instruments, teaching the eggheads from our and other classes. Dude, you've got no free time!"

Once again, the boy couldn't deny that. Yet he still tried: "I won't break down and I'm managing everything just fine. How do you even know about my schedule?!"

She gave him the are you serious look: "You have it stuck on the wall by your bed. Of course I'd know."

Oh yeah, damn.

"Well anyway," Karma leaned on the sofa, breaking the eye contact, "it's Friday. So you can just chill,"

Was that supposed to be her trying to be kind towards him? Asano couldn't believe it. But he was quite exhausted and being proud and arguying with Akabane right now would take too much of energy.

Hence he as well relaxed into the soft matress and snuggled up in the blanket because seriously, what the hell was wrong with the radiator?! The room was chilly, so much he thought that if he stuck out any part of his body, it would freeze in a matter of minutes. Yet he couldn't say that he himself felt cold at all.

Nor could the redhead say that.

None of them would admit it, but the contact they shared, the presence of one another - it warmed them up more than anything else.

Which brought Asano to the same thing he has been asking for way too long.

"We really got close, didn't we?"

His voice was sluggish and silent, making the question seem more like a statement than a querry.

"Are you being sarcastic,"

"No," the strawberry blonde kept his gaze on the TV.

The girl stayed quiet for a while, and it looked as though she has not heard him or as if she didn't care at all. In fact, she was thinking of what she should say and it didn't go well, because the only thing she could come up with was a denial.

"Your imagination,"

Which of course made the latter slightly offended: "Are you being sarcastic?"

"Maybe," Karma shrugged, her eyes glued to the screen, "But I guess we indeed are getting familiar with each other. Disturbingly so,"

"My words exactly,"

"Though to be honest, I don't mind," the redhead murmured.

And maybe it was the fatigue, maybe it was the fuzziness in his head, maybe he indeed was delirious, but Asano smiled, whispering: "Neither do I"

Gakushuu didn't remember anything after that. He knew that he was watching the documentary film with Karma but after that, it was all just a blur and hazy recollection of a faint scent of roses.

He woke up when something touched his arm. Or someone.

The boy's eyes slowly opened, still heavy from sleep. In front of him stood the former chairman himself, his face changing into that of surprise when he saw he had awakened his son. He had returned only a while ago, noticing the two teens snuggled together, fast asleep, with the television was still on. The particulary low temperature striked him as well and he went to inspect the window which - of course - was open. Silly children.

Since he couldn't move them anywhere and waking up those angels  would be a sin, he opted for at least making sure they didn't catch a cold, getting them another warmer blanket.

Though he must have been a little careless when he wrapped it around them as the strawberry blonde got startled by the sudden sensation.

"Father, welcome home" the young boy greeted him, extremely tired. He glanced at the clock. Three a.m.

"Gakushuu-kun," his father then lowered himself into the same eye level as his son, crouching. He smiled gently, ruffling his hair, "I apologize for waking you up. Go back to sleep."

And he almost did but soon realized that there was something on his shoulder. He looked over there and aghast, spotted a certain redhead leaning on him.

"It seems Akabane-san will be sleeping over," Asano senior noticed the confusion on the latter's face, "It's fine, as long as you two don't cause trouble,"

He would have said more but it was quite obvious that the strawberry blonde's attention span was getting shorter and shorted. Every two seconds, he had to blink to keep the eyes open.

The former chairman stood up then, re-adjusting the covers on both children.

"Good night," he whispered and went up his own room to change and go to bed as well.

Meanwhile, the student council president was somewhere in semi-sleep. He was still aware of the particular touch on his left shoulder and when he looked again - she was still there.

Akabane breathing lightly, her head so close to his face. She looked so extremely peaceful and innocent - as if she weren't that deliquent who liked to prank others, as if it were an other person who blackmailed her classmates. It was hard to believe that this person here had any flaws.

Because right at this moment, she looked more beautiful than anyone else. Her long eyelashes, her petite lips, her silky hair - it all seemed to fit so perfectly to her, so much that he couldn't help but stare. Stare for as long as he could.

Various thoughts were whirling in his head. He knew that the redhead wasn't just his rival now. Nor was she just a friend. This relationship they shared was something so delicate yet so strong, something unspoken yet obvious, it was a paradox that should have and could have never happened.

This wasn't how he was supposed to feel towards her.

This wasn't right.

But it was, what it was.

And Gakushuu was painfully aware of that.

Love was merciless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 10.2K 18
Once upon a time there you used to be top of your class both in popularity and academics. Key words here are "used to be". Now you have found yoursel...
69.9K 4.2K 64
It's a new school year for Karma and GakushΕ«, a new beginning, new classmates, new choices, and a new start. GakushΕ« at first wanted absolutely noth...
227K 6.8K 15
Class E's "Evil Deity" is tangled into a huge mess after her transfer. A fake, hypocrite and a cheater in the eyes of the many students in Kunugigaok...
47K 2K 56
A fanfiction about KaruShuu, where Gakushuu slowly falls in love with his redheaded rival. πŸŽ—Rankings: #1 Gakushuu #1 KaruShuu