Chapter 24 The Devil Couple

"Okay, I might have said something I shouldn't, but I was just joking, alright? I just wanted to liven up the mood a bit. Sorry if I hurt you, because I didn't mean to!" she explained with a serious look. Asano never knew seriousness could ever fit that mischeivous face, or that hurt would ever fit his, but here they stood.

"No," he sighed, rubbing his forehead, "I'm sorry. My fault for being sensitive"

"Truly surprising, never dreamt of you having feelings," she attempted another joke. Thankfully it didn't do that much of a damage like before. The boy chuckled, shaking his head. But it cooled him down

It really took just a few words from her and he cooled down.

So silly.

"Well? What do we do now?" the redhead suddenly reminded them of their situation.

There was almost no one on the road, their car has already disappeared and the bus nowhere to be found.

"We ride a bus," the strawberry blonde stated as if it was obvious.

"Wha-"

"You said we could ride a bus like normal people. Your wish is my command," he bowed in like a knight would to his princess.

"No wait, but-"

"C'mon, not chickening out, are you?"

"Are you aware of what day it is today?" Karma sighed.

"Saturday, why?"

"The bus rides every two hours on Saturdays and Sundays, that's why."

For a while, they stood there looking at each other in silence.

"Shit," he groaned.

They waited for it another hour and half.

[A little while later]

"I'm not going to repeat that it's your fault that we arrived here at two p.m. instead of half past twelve, but it's your fault we arrived here at two p.m. instead of half past twelve," Karma muttered as she stepped into the building where the cinematography festival was held.

Huge.

"Shut up," the latter replied, equally done.

"I'm hungry," she complained and the boy sympathized, "I'm literally starving,"

"Let's go grab something," he suggested.

"You're paying, got it?"

"Sure, sure," the boy sighed.

"I'm going to drain your wallet, I swear," Karma said under her breath, but it wasn't like Asano didn't hear it. But well, this was something he had invited her to, so she had the right to drain his budget. Also, he was well prepared when it came to finances and contac-

"Where is my phone?!" he let out a shriek that horrifying Karma would think a puppy was dying if she wasn't standing next to him.

Asano searched through all his pockets, but found nothing. He remembered taking it this morning, checking for sure that he has enough credit, that he has Karma's phone number on speed dial, that the ringtone is on 100% in case she called! And yet...