Chapter 19 Love is merciless

It turned out that Asano's mood wasn't caused just by Karma's doing. He was moody and spacing out a lot during the dinner, earning himself some questions about his well being and suspicious looks from his father. Of course, the perfect student didn't let his discomfort show - it was more like the chairman and the redhead were way too observant.

And they knew that Gakushuu was acting.

Fortunately for him, his father had some work to do so he wasn't going to be home until very late. Unfortunately for him, since it was Friday, the girl was free to stay for a bit longer, which she of course did.

Currently, both of them were sitting on a sofa in dark and trying to find a film to watch. However, there was nothing interesting in it, so they just put something on for the sake of having some source of sound and light at all.

The living room was pretty cold. The wind was strong outside and it was starting to resemble a smaller version of a storm. The snow was no longer melting nor leaving wet smudges on the window, instead it stayed there and drew frozen pictures on the glass.

Speaking of which, the window might have been opened, because even though the radiator was still on, both felt like freezing. But neither of them bothered to check or do something about it, the chilly air discouraging them from leaving the comfort of the sofa.

"There's actually a blanket in the drawer next to you," the boy remarked, mindlessly pushing buttons on the remote. Still nothing worth seeing.

Karma stretched her whole upper body to take the blanket. It was a bit funny to watch but right now, their survival depended on that single sheet of cloth.

When she finally got it, she realized one thing. It was no bigger than two meters.

She and Asano were sitting the farthest from each other and in order for them both to use it, they'd have to get real close.

Of course, the boy was aware of that too and he sighed in defeat: "Do we have any other choice?"

"Yes, you could go and close the window, get yourself another blanket or take some clothes."

"Not an option,"

And once again, they were met with the awkward silence.

"You know what, screw it," Karma in the end said, staring right into the latter's eyes: "Come here and we share the blanket. Yeah and," she held her finger up in the teacher way, "Just to make sure, it means nothing,"

"Absolutely nothing at all," Gakushuu nodded in agreement.

"Not even a single thing,"

"Not even half of a single thing,"

"Deal," and with that, the teens moved to the middle, wrapped themselves in the blanket, shoulder-to-shoulder.

Of course, initially the contact made them very awkward and they tried to focus on anything else but the fact that they were right next to each other, touching. Karma was now in charge of the TV, making disapproving noises because damn - were there really no interesting films on?

"Akabane, the remote's gonna break," the boy remarked, seeing her continuous clicking in the speed of light.

"But this is so boring,"