Chapter 31 Awkward Reunion

"W-what are you doing here?" Gakushuu stammered. His father stood outside leaning against the car. "I've come to pick up my son of course" Gakuho replied nonchalantly. "But-" Gakushuu was cut off by Karma's father appearing behind him. "Ahh! Asano-kun! It's been a while"

Karma grabbed Gakushuu's arm and pulled him beside her. The two teens watched the exchange between their fathers. Gakuho approached the other man with an unpleasant smile. "Indeed, it's nice to see you are doing well Akabane" the two shook hands.

"It has been a very long time, hasn't it?" they still didn't stop shaking their hands.

"Indeed, a very long time" their grip was tightening with every word.

"So are you doing well?"

"Wonderful, what about you and your lovely wife?" Gakuho asks through clenched teeth.

Gakushuu thinks he saw their knuckles get white.

"Likewise" Karma is now one hundred percent sure that they hate each other. Oh boy.

They carried on with the forceful formalities whilst wearing the nice expressions and it was starting to freak the teens out.

"L-let's run for it"  Karma whispered when she thought their parents were too busy not trying to kill each other.

"Uh, now?"

"Yes! while we still can!" she urged him.

"Fine whatever, please!"

And like that, Gakushuu excused himself to the restroom and Karma pretended to go get herself a cup of tea. It went well because currently, the conversation got a bit heated up. Mr. Akabane invited Gakuho inside for tea.

"Are you still obsessed with centipedes?" Mr. Akabane radiated something akin to murderous intent.

"Are you still scared of spiders?" Asano senior retorted back and the two men looked as if ready to slit each others' throat with a tablespoon.

"At least I don't go around brainwashing people,"

"Such a shame I couldn't brainwash you, but well, since you lack a brain..."

"I had enough brains to burn you in the mathematics showdown" Mr. Akabane retorted.

"That was literally twenty-seven years ago" The Asano huffed.

"You're still as dense as ever though"

"Haha, that's another thing you beat me at - being dense. I can never dream of reaching your level"

"I can help you reach hell though"

"What, are you inviting me over?" Asano Gakuho laughed.

"Oh, I'm going t-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TWO!" suddenly Mrs. Akabane appeared in the room, and yelled at them. It was only then that the two adults(manchildren more like it) stopped stabbing each other with stares, backing down in sheer terror instead because holy shit, could women get any scarier?!

"I have been listening to this nonsense for ten years straight! then finally got some peace and now, after GOD KNOWS how long, the first thing you do after seeing him again is make him come insidw our house and maybe start another war?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! STUPID MEN!!"

"But dear-"

"DON'T YOU FREAKING DARE,"

"Calm do-" the former chairman tried to smooth things out.

"WATCH IT, GAKUHO OR I WILL SHOVE THE ENTIRETY OF MY KITCHENWARE DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!"

While this was happening, the two teens managed to sneak out through the kitchen window and out tl the garden where they escaped by blimbing the fence.

"So the origin of our hatred delved deep to our parents?"  Gakushuu asked.

"I'm afraid so" Karma sighed.

the two looked at each other...and then...

they laughed.

They laughed so hard they had to cling onto each other for support.

"Haha! Hahahaha! W-wanna go to my house instead?" Gakushuu asked between laughs.

"Hahaha! F-fine! sure hahaha!" Karma managed to say.

The couple walked to the Asanl residence, hand in hand, leaving their parents bickering to themselves.

Life is good. Life is very good...