The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Sequal to 'The Past Is In The Past.' If you haven't read that it may be hard to read this story without cont... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Note
We're forever
Now, what?
It's the end.
Last words
New book!!

Chapter 59

1.1K 20 304
By hsmtmts_endgame

-July 2021-

Josh's POV:

So, it's been three days and I didn't have the courage to call her. Though, she called me a few times, and we talked, but I didn't bring up the Adam's Face, or whatever his name is, because it didn't feel right to talk it over FaceTime. She was coming back to New York in a few hours, so I had a chance to talk to her. 

I was sitting in the airport, waiting for her. Surprisingly, no fans noticed me, but I was wearing a cap to blend in with the crowd.

"Don't do anything stupid." Matt reminded me, over the phone.

"Yes, I got that." I laughed.

"No, you haven't. When it comes to Joshua Bassett every stupid thing is possible." He rolled his eyes.

"Wait, she's coming, I'll call you- She's with him." I hesitated.

"Wait a second, think about what you're going to do firs-" He calmed me down.

"I'll call you later." I hung up. I smiled and walked to where Liv was, bringing her up to my lips. "Hey, babe." I grinned, claiming what was mine. 

"We're in public." She coughed. Really? They were in public when they were doing whatever it as they were doing.

No, calm. We're calm and this is a happy time.

"Yeah, sorry." I chuckled. That Faze dude was a little taller than me, but didn't even glance my way. Exactly, cause he wasn't supposed to be there, little piece of-

Calm. WE ARE CALM.

"Hey, Liv, the studio in New York is open. Anytime you want to hop in and sing one of your magnificent songs you're welcome to. We can start on your next album." Adam smiled. Calm and happy, Josh. That's what we are right now.

"Oh, okay, thank you." Liv beamed, going on her tiptoes to hug him.

"Hey, look! That guy has your merch." I pulled her so she couldn't hug him. She nodded, trying to find my eyes. I turned back around and splattered a smile. "Nice meeting you, umm..."

"Adam." The guy smirked.

"Right! Liv and I are going to go now." I chuckled. 

"Sure. Bye, Liv." He opened his arms. What's up with this dude and hugs? NOPE, we are calm. C.A.L.M. as in,

C-CAREFUL
A-ADAM,
L-LIV IS
M- MINE, NOT YOURS, SO GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER.

I waited a few agonizing seconds, then they pulled away, so Liv and I could walk away.

"In a scale from one to ten, how jealou-" She laughed.

"20." I spat out. 

"I love you." She cracked up. Don't talk about it here, wait until you're home.

"I'm sure you've seen the rumors going around with that guy and you." I started, walking towards my car. I just couldn't hold it any longer.

"Yeah, it's pretty funny." She laughed, sliding into the passenger side of the car, while I closed the trunk with her bag.

"Hmm." I nodded, starting the car. The ride was silent for half an hour, or so, but I couldn't keep in. "Why was he holding your waist?" I asked, while I waited for a traffic light to turn green.

"What?" She turned from her phone to me.

"Why did you let him hold your waist?" I questioned, with more angst. 

"Adam? Because he's basically my brother." She explained, showing no insincerity. "And I was cold. I've known him since I was six, we grew up together. I hadn't seen him in a long time, but he was promoted and he's my producer now." She added.

"And you never mentioned him?" I queried, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It's not like you have to know everyone I do." She shrugged. 

"I'm sorry?" I turned to her.

"No, I-" She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I didn't mean for it to come out like it did, but you're putting too much thought into it." She confided.

"Well, I'm your boyfriend. I should be allowed to react like this when some dude I don't know holds you like that, don't you think?" I justified.

She tugged my chin so I could look at her. "Baby, I think you're jealous." She laughed and kissed me. 

"I'm not." I softened, stealing a kiss from her. She placed her hand on the back of my neck and played around with the ends of my hair.

"We're in this together, you don't have to worry about stuff like this." She assured.

"We're all in this together, once we know that we-" I started doing the dance, but the car behind ours honked, making both of us jump in shock. "Traffic."  mumbled.

"Traffic is our thing." She giggled. "You know, I just realized we don't have a song."

"Just For A Moment? Did you forget about that?" I laughed.

"No, I mean, like, a song couples have. You know, one they listen to all the time and they relate-" She explained.

"Bad Blood By Taylor, duh." I interrupted. "Do you have any idea how many times you listen to that song in a week? At least 30."

"You're exaggerating." She rolled her eyes.

"Check your music history." I chuckled, pulling up at her complex.

"...28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34-" She stopped, and started laughing. "I actually listened to it 15 times on repeat." 

"Yes, and so have I because of you." I rolled my eyes playfully, and walked out. A fan stopped me, which made me anxious since Liv was in the car.

A few pictures later, she walked away. I made sure no one's eyes were on me and told Liv to come out. 

"By the way, that was my overused gym shirt you used to cover yourself in the car." I laughed.

"Gross." She scrunched her nose, chuckling. 

"What do you carry in here, rocks? This thing is heavy." I snorted, walking with her bag up the stairs.

"What happened to the muscular endurance you boasted about?" She smirked. I rolled my eyes and stopped to take a break. "I can carry it without a problem." She walked down and grabbed it. I laughed, knowing she wasn't going to make it a foot away from me.

"Go ahead. Show me you're that pretentious, carrot sticks." I snickered, teasing her. 

"I'm going to get it up to the fifth floor." She bopped my nose. "Don't you worry about me and my liking for carrot sticks."

"You're not going to make it halfway I did." I retorted, nuzzling our noses together.

"Watch me do the exact opposite." She wiggled her eyebrows. I nodded, stepping away to give her room. She hugged the bag and picked it up, stumbling the way up. She barely took three steps when she fell backwards. I opened my arms and caught her just in time. "Oh, hey look, it's the girl who thought she could carry twice her size up the stairs." I teased. "By the way, you fell for me again, Rodrigo."

"If you don't shut up this isn't going to go well for that little nose of yours, Bassett." She smiled.

"Alright, sore loser." I smirked.

"What?! This was never a competition!" She opened her mouth in shock.

"Come on, we both knew it was." I laughed, letting her free from my arms. She frowned, crossing her arms. "Exactly." I bent down to kiss her quickly.

Both of us carried the bag up to the fifth floor, painting by the time we reached her door. "Why didn't we ever think of the elevator?" She caught her breath.

"There are elevators here?" I opened my mouth. "And we suffered trying to get this thing up for five floors?" 

"Yeah." She chuckled, opening the door. Taylor immediately came running to climb on me. 

"Not really a cat person." I handed it to her. "Just wait and we'll have a chocolate Lab called Harry." I smiled excitingly.

"Dogs are harder to take care of, they need more time than cats." She noted. "I have a proposal for you, though. Can we teach her some tricks?" She pouted.

"We should start with not chewing on things. She devoured my old wallet." I pointed out. "What is that, a dog?"

"You really need to stop with the Taylor slander." She shook her head. I cracked up and nodded, looking for some biscuits. 

"You do realize you can't train cats as if they were dogs, right?" I questioned.

"I'll guess we'll have to find some other way." She laughed, placing the cat on the counter.

"First of all, no animals allowed in the kitchen, shoo." I waved her away. Liv took the cat and left her on the floor. "I was talking about you." I joked. She set up a straight face, although I knew she wanted to laugh. "Just joking." I grinned, kissing the top of her head.

"We should teach her how to sit." She ran to the living room, excited. 

We spent the whole evening teaching the cat whatever we could think of, but gave up when we realized there was no progress and ended up making out.

N/A

i was going to torture you guys with Adam, but all the rini chaos- 
i dont think i could've handled it-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 1.1K 23
Quarantine, it sucked. Since the very first moment they shared together in that audition room, Josh and Olivia had become fast friends. Their friends...
720 32 29
hello so this is gonna be first book ima do this year n hopefully you guys will love it! This is going to be abt y/n & Finn when they will be faking...
48.4K 1.5K 34
-𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 π‘Ž π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘π‘˜π‘¦ π‘π‘œπ‘€π‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘ π‘’π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘‘ π‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ π‘œπ‘› π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒 π‘‘π‘’π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘šπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘  𝐒𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫...
8.1K 128 43
joshua bassett. one of the biggest superstars in the world, suddenly leaves la, decides to takes a break from singing, from the fans and the crowd an...