Life As An Angel Reaper {A Bl...

By RandomRedRidingHood

(pardon my suckiness at making summaries) Grace is an angel. One day she falls from her realm into that of... More

Prologue: Choices{Edited}
1: Falling Through{Edited}
2: Meeting A Soul Reaper{Edited}
3: Taken In [Edited]
4: Glory Release(Edited)
Grace info
6: Thoughts(Edited)
7:Aizen(Edited)
8:Cherry Blossoms (Edited)
9: Tengokuhime and Misunderstandings(Edited)
10:Shopping and Intruders
11:Betrayals and Confession
RANDOM FILLER
12: Confront and Relax
13: Well, I'm Fucked
14: Battle It Out, Don't Hug It Out
15: Disney and Worries
16: The Battle Wages On
17: Emotional
18: A Short Declaration
Epilogue
Announcement
Announcement 2

5: Danger, Kido, and Gabriel(Edited)

3.4K 87 11
By RandomRedRidingHood

Gin's pov
As I stood there struggling to stay upright, I tried to think of a way to stop Grace's power from flowing out of her even more. I stared up at her, frowning hard. I could see her eyes weren't their normal color. From here, they had gone a pale white. I tried to take a step forward, to maybe pull her out of whatever stream of power she was in. Just as I was headed towards her, I watched her slowly lower to the ground. She landed on her hands and knees. The power didn't stop flowing out of her. Grace slowly leaned back on her knees, her face upturned. Her palms turned outward beside her. Her hair floated up around her. 

"Grace!"Soi Fon shouted. As if Soi Fon's voice had called her out of her power burst, she fell forward on her hands and knees once again. The power stopped flowing, retreating back into its vessel. All of us stared at her. Grace coughed once, breathing hard. She looked up at Soi Fon.

"Never again!"Grace hissed. Soi Fon gave her a look of shock. She quickly looked away from the angel. Grace breathed hard as she turned over, plopping on her butt. I quickly made my way over to her and crouched down beside her. Grace looked up at me, blinking. 

"Care to explain?"I asked her. Grace sighed hard. She moved wiping at her face, where sweat had built up. Soi Fon, who had finally pushed herself back up to her feet, but was crouched down beside her third seat, glanced over at us. She moved, pulling her third seat up and moving his arm around her shoulders. 

"I asked her to release her full power. I wanted to see how strong she was. Guess I got what I wanted the hard way." She looked away once again and stood up. I glanced at her and back to Grace.

"And just how did you stop?"I asked her. I wrinkled my eyebrows. "Normally, that's impossible when someone's power is that strong." Grace looked up, giving me a weak grin. 

"I put my block back up. A wall...sort of. It was easy since I only brought down one wall to show Soi Fon some of my power,"Grace breathed at me. I moved and put my hand on her forehead. She was burning up. She looked back up at me with tired eyes. I frowned hard. One wall? I thought. 

"And how many walls are there?"I murmured.

"Four walls." I gave her a look of surprise. Only 1/4 of her power was exposed? No way! I think Aizen will want to hear about this. He'll probably use her as his new toy. She moved, brushing my hand off her forehead gently. She rubbed at her face with her hand. " If I had known this would happen, I probably wouldn't have done it. I apologize for my lack of judgment and do hope you can forgive me for the disruption of your work." Such a formal apology. 

I helped her up to her feet once again. She wobbled around, like she would fall. Soi Fon stayed close to her and lead her away inside, hopefully so she could rest. I watched after them silently. Curious...I wonder just what would happen if she released her other three walls? Would it destroy her? I stared at her back as she walked away. Or would it destroy us instead? 

Grace's POV

That night, sleep didn't come as easy as I had hoped. I stared at the ceiling, my body sore and my thoughts running ramped. What would've happened if I couldn't control it? I thought. I frowned hard. I could've killed everyone. I could've killed Soi Fon, and her third seat...and Gin when he showed up too. I don't like that. I hate this power...I shouldn't have to deal with this. If I wasn't specifically created by Father like this, then it would be easier. I closed my eyes, releasing a sigh. If Father hadn't felt the need to create a weapon so powerful that even the other angels feared it....

*Flashback*

I sat crying on the playground slide. None of the other angel kids wanted to play with me or be around me. I sniffled hard. I didn't understand why. As I cried I paused when I saw a hand enter my vision. I looked up. Standing there was a boy. 

"Why are you crying?"He asked. I stared at him. I looked away. 

"The other kids...they don't like me." He stared down at me. He was quiet for a minute. "They won't play with me." I looked back up at him. He smiled softly after a moment and extended his hand. 

"I'll play with you. My name's Gabriel!"

*End*

I guess not all of the other ones were scared of me...Gabriel was there for me right after then. I opened my eyes. I miss him. He's the only one who understands me. 

****

After I left squad 2's barracks, I went to squad 3's. I was debating a little, arguing with myself. Part of me didn't want to go to another squad...part of me wanted to run away. If I was going to release my power again, it could go out of control. It had taken so much energy, so much force to put my wall back up. If I hadn't, I could've very well killed the people there. I frowned hard, crossing my arms. Stop chickening out, Grace, one bad experience doesn't outweigh the good possibilities. As I was walking there, my pocket vibrated. What? I thought I left my phone in the other realm. It shouldn't be here. I blinked. I stuck my hand in it and pulled out my phone. A message had popped up on it. I paused in my walking and opened the message to read it.

Hey. I saw you left your phone here so I sent it to you through the portal. I put a charm on it so it would find you easily. Things aren't so good here, but I guess that's normal. Your father's on a rampage, your brother is being an ass, and SHE died. She was challenged by Lilith, and was killed. I'm in pieces. I don't know how to cope with this. I mean, you're my best friend, the only person I could talk to, and now I don't have you. Stacy has been exiled. Your.... dad said you could come back, but ik you won't. You aren't that kind of person. You're stubborn as hell too, you've always wanted your freedom. What realm did you go 2? Text back.
^_^ Gabe
Ps: Your headphones are in your other pocket

I sighed and began to type back as I continued walking.

Hey Gabe. I miss you so bad. I'm sorry about Hailey. I know you really liked her and I wish Lilith wasn't such a bitch. Thanks 4 the phone and headphones btw. I miss you badly. (Did I already say that????? ) So my dad wants me back, huh? Well. I probs won't come. I'm in the Realm Of The Soul Reapers. They aren't that bad actually. I am beginning to learn about them, and they said that they would accept me as one of them if I could pass the test. (HA JOKES ON THEM I AM THEIR OWNER NOW!!!! ) Tell my brother (Andrew) that if he wants trouble, I'll slice him through with my new zanpakuto! (That's the weapon of the soul reapers) Still miss you

●_● Grace
Ps: XD I'm ur bestie?

I sent the message with a click of my phone. As I looked up, I realized I was outside the gate to squad 3. Gin was standing in front of me with his head cocked to the side in curiosity. His eyes stared at my cell phone. I blinked and held it up, frowning.

"Do you guys not have phones?"I asked him, raising an eyebrow. I was also partially surprised he was here greeting me himself. Normally, it was the lieutenant of the squad sent to meet me, not the Captain. I shrugged and held it out to him.

"Phone? Like a soul phone?"Gin asked. He took the phone I offered to him and turned it over in his hands. He examined it closely. I snorted. He sure is curious. I shook my head at him.

"No, this is a cell phone. See I just push buttons and I can type words. Then I push this button, the one that says SEND, and it goes to the person I want to receive it. Like to my Dad or to my brother. They get it on their cell phones too,"I replied. I clicked the screen on and showed him the buttons that I was telling him about. He hummed once before nodding.

"Interesting. Don't let Kurotsuchi see it. He'll try to experiment on it,"He joked. I snorted and took it back from him. I shoved the phone back in my pocket.

"Fat chance of that, I hardly let other people see my phone unless I'm with them. So what will I be learning about?" I asked him. He nodded once at me. 

"Maybe some basic kido. There's nothing else really," He replied. I sighed hard. Kido? Like spells? I already mastered them! My chance to show off I guess. I nodded at him. " Good then. Let's go start."

We headed into the barracks. He lead me down the hallway towards his office. When we reached it, I sat in a chair in front of his desk. He sat down behind his desk, leaning back in his chair.

"So there are six types of kido: Bakudo, Barriers, Seals, Hado, Gisei Hado, and Kaido. They are 3 types of casts for these: Incantation Abandonment, Two-fold Incantation, and Spoken after Incantation. Now the types of kido are used for different ways, Bakudo is for binding and such, Barriers are as the name suggests, Seals are similar to barriers but are a bit more powerful," He began. He paused looked at me. I waved for him to go on. This was like a refresher course for me, I had learned this in the Heaven Realm. "Hado is used for destruction like a canon, Gisei Hado is sacrificial destruction like if I cut off my arm to perform a certain spell, and lastly, Kaido is healing kido. Understand so far?" I nodded at him. He frowned hard. " This is strange. Usually first time learners ask questions." He narrowed his eyes at me. I said nothing, only staring back across the desk at him. " How do you understand so easily about this?" I hummed and leaned back in my chair. 

"You are one of the realms my kingdom takes care of. It's only natural they teach their young about every realm including their powers,"I answered. I shrugged. "We've learned all of them, mastered them. I was pretty good, top of that class when we were learning actually. It's not too hard." I crossed my ankles. I grinned at him. "Then again, there are those we weren't supposed to learn. Like, Gisei Hado. We weren't allowed to use that." 

"So...you can perform them all, then?" He asks. I grinned at him.

"Yes, however, I guess you'd rather I didn't perform them in your office,"I laughed. I closed my eyes for a second. I opened them back up and watched as he nodded. His snake-like grin spread further. I felt a little creeped out at it, but didn't comment.

"We're good for a bit,"He told me. I laughed at him. He hummed and leaned back. "So, then I'll tell you more about Gisei Hado. Since it was...banned, you probably don't know much about it." I shook my head in agreement. He nodded once. "Right, well..." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 60 20
*I wrote this story on Fanfiction.net MANY years ago! So many apologies for any spelling/punctuation errors. I will be slowly going back and editing...
329 10 5
Gin Ichimaru, Captain of Squad Three, secretly had a daughter who looks almost exactly like him, right down to his smile. He left her in the human wo...
705 41 13
A frozen captain of the thirteen court guard squads meets a substitute soul reaper and go on an adventure.(This is not a guyxguy fanfic but the story...
15.8K 410 16
From the first day of entering the Thirteen Court Guard Squad, Maiko Yukimura, has found her Lieutenant, Shuhei Hisagi, attractive. Does the Lieutena...