Kingston Academy

By Ophelia_Rosen12

Wrapped around his little finger, an intense desire to pursue, along with dashing good looks and a wealthy lo... More

Prologue
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
SEVENTY-EIGHT
SEVENTY-NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY-ONE
EIGHTY-TWO
EIGHTY-THREE
EIGHTY-FOUR
EIGHTY-FIVE
EIGHTY-SEVEN
EIGHTY-EIGHT
EIGHTY-NINE
NINETY
NINETY-ONE
EPILOGUE
SIDE STORY: NOAH & BENNETT
AUTHOR'S NOTE/FAN ART

EIGHTY-SIX

6.3K 360 418
By Ophelia_Rosen12

Niven was honestly surprised that Remiah allowed him and the others to leave the academy for a few days.

He worried about the other students causing havoc while he and the others weren't around, but the man reassured him several times he and the Silver Guard won't hesitate to instantly detain anyone if they step out of line.

So right now, Niven and the others were nearing the imperial palace. He and Noah took a separate car while the others were riding by themselves. The only ones with the blond right now were the twins and Agustine.

Currently, Niven held the demon's hand and placed nearly all his weight against Agustine to take a small nap. Simeon sat on the opposite side of the boy, his hand protectively gripping Niven's left knee.

In front of them, Noah and Levi made small talk. Mostly Noah though, he kept asking Levi which was the most effective way to make the imperial family dislike him so he wouldn't ever have to interact with those people again.

Levi listed off some things he and Simeon do. The twins never particularly cared about the royals and didn't show their respect to them, but the only one they gave their respect to was the empress.

"You should get ready, sweetheart," Simeon softly informed Niven. "We're almost there."

Niven looked at Simeon, but then turned around and hugged Agustine's arm tighter, ignoring what the male said. Simeon and Agustine shared a look with each other briefly until the demon gently kept nudging Niven awake.

Suddenly, Niven jolted when he felt someone kick his leg. He snapped his attention over to Noah, snorting at the student.

"Rise and shine, my dude."

Niven glanced outside of the window and noticed the view of the imperial palace getting closer until the car fully stopped.

Groggily, he got out with the help of Agustine and stared up at the palace with a blank look.

As much as he loved the family, he couldn't get used to the grandeur of the place and found everything nearly tacky. Though he supposed Noah was getting a kick out of it, watching the male whistle low at the sight.

Niven pointed at the main palace and said, "Look, Noah. That's where your throne is-"

"I'm so close to clapping my hands and making you go deaf."

Niven and the others chuckled at Noah's angry retort. He wanted to apologize, but he heard the other car pull up and looked over his shoulder to see the rest of his classmates exit out.

Along with an extra person.

Noah's irritation died out immediately once he saw the other man accompanying them.

He inched closer to Niven and whispered, "Is this a good idea? Won't he like... I don't know, turn this place upside down and kill someone? I didn't even think he could go out."

The two of them were startled when they felt someone's presence looming behind them.

There was a mirthful giggle and a familiar hum.

"Hehe! Why, Mirren's old man was gracious enough to let me roam outside of the academy! Why shouldn't I have taken his offer? Oh, look! Isn't that your future throne, my boy? Hahaha, I can't wait to check the whole place and turn people into teacups!"

Everyone had been shocked to see Vasili coming along with them.

The Royals and Wolves were incredibly wary as to how the pink haired man was even allowed to step foot outside of the academy since Vasili already had trouble leaving his classroom. The man practically couldn't keep his abilities in check and wreaked havoc inside, so the student council's classes were temporarily closed since the staff had to remodeled that part of the building.

If one looked at it another way, this was Vasili's vacation away from the school. He was absolutely exuberant in knowing he could leave and didn't hesitant to create tension in the car. He loved it when the others grew annoyed and even angry at him, it made everything funnier.

Niven hurriedly grasped his professor's shoulders and fixed his crooked tie.

"Please be mindful of your words. This is the imperial palace. There are many high-tiered ability users who protect the royal family, especially the empress and his daughter."

"Sure, dearest! Whatever you say!"

Niven doubted the man actually listened to what he said, but he stepped away for a brief moment to check Vasili out. He had to admit he was a little surprised to see just how well the man cleaned up, other than the time they went on their little date.

Vasili wore a blood red three piece suit and didn't have any strange ornaments or obscene colors sticking onto him this time. His hair was appropriately done, but the only thing he kept by his side was his cane.

His professor wasn't the only one who dressed up nicely though. Even Niven and the others wore formal attires, though Levi and Simeon's outfits were just a little more flamboyant. Simeon mostly preened for the attention whilst Levi simply followed whatever his brother ordered just as usual.

His pack mates walked over to the others with deep frowns. They hadn't exactly enjoyed their time with Vasili and would've preferred to shove the man out of the moving vehicle, but they supposed there was also a next time.

Arien and the others gathered close to Niven, but Grim merely stood at the back, scrunching his nose and staring keenly at the whole place.

Mirren hurriedly draped his arms around the boy, almost making Niven bend forward and fall. He quickly caught his balance and looked up at the jaguar beastman.

He faintly smelled something sweet emanating from Mirren and Niven knew it was because of the male's oncoming heat.

He was honestly shocked to learn Mirren was still adamant on coming with them even though he was preparing himself for his heat. Mirren stated that everything would be fine as long as he was by Niven, so the boy reluctantly allowed the beastman to come with them.

He was just even more clingy than before.

"Baby," Mirren whined. "I wanted to sit by you during the car ride! Not with this loser!"

He pointed out to Vasili, who only shrugged and gave out a vicious grin.

Silas scoffed at the side. "I lose all energy when I'm with you. I'm even tired just by looking at your face."

"You're too young to be tired!"

"And you're too old to be alive, but here we are, Professor." The angel didn't hesitate to quip back at the man, though Vasili didn't take any offense and actually pondered on what Silas said.

"That's true..." Vasili murmured. "I'm quite old compared to humans..."

Noah looked baffled. "The hell? What did you just say?"

"I said I'm quite old compared to you humans."

"I don't know what you've been smoking, my guy, but you need to hurry up and pass it to me. God knows I need it. Right, Silas?"

"Shut your trap, Noah."

Levi and Arien spared each other a small glance before the Royal stepped up to prevent an argument from happening.

"We need to hurry inside. The royal family is expecting us, especially Noah," Levi said, pointing his gaze at the exasperated student.

Noah suddenly felt extremely exhausted even though they haven't stepped inside. He only gave a small sigh in the end and nodded.

He might as well get this over with so he won't have to see Alessio and the others again.

Mirren still clung onto Niven as Levi lead the group inside. They were silent as Simeon took over, murmuring out once in a while to take about the royal family and some of the people who've gathered. They had to watch themselves more, but Simeon also told them in the end that the group shouldn't be too bothered about the strict rules in the imperial palace.

He and Levi never cared so the rest shouldn't, but Niven immediately scolded Simeon and warned the rest to behave. Especially Vasili, who still kept on grinning and nodding.

They stopped at the large entrance of the ball room where a man stood, quickly scanning the group over once. His eyes widened at the sight of the twins and Niven, recognizing them immediately but not the rest of the party.

"There's no need to announce us," Simeon cut in quickly. "We'll just slip right inside."

"Yes, my lord."

The group went inside of the ball room without being announced. Niven preferred it this way. It was always uncomfortable for the blond whenever he had to be announced since many eyes would be pinned on his every movement, but he didn't have to worry about that this time.

The royal family didn't send out many invitations since Roselia wanted to choose specific people so there wasn't many crowding the ball room. There were only small groups mingling with each other, laughing about before their talks became whispers once they noticed Niven's group step closer to the center.

Quickly, Niven stuck his hand out over and tugged the angel a little closer to him, surprising Silas.

"What is it?"

"You should stay close to me," Niven said. "I don't want you bumping into them."

Silas' heart warmed up. Silas had a feeling Niven worried about how much he detested the thought of being close to someone. He found his cheeks grow a little red, not expecting Niven would care this much to remember especially since he now had a ring to prevent his death touch from hurting others.

Mirren released a small hiss and stuck his hand out, pushing Silas away from them.

"You're a little too close."

The angel glared. "You're literally all over him. Can't you stand still just for once? We're in the imperial palace."

Niven sighed at the sight of them bickering. Nothing really changed between the Royals and Wolves since they now knew Niven was giving all of them a chance, but he worried things would worsen between the two groups. So far, nothing happened and they continued to act how they always did... just with some hidden animosity, but Niven was sure he could fix that.

"Puppy."

Niven hurriedly slipped away from Mirren and Silas, walking over to his alpha and Grim.

Arien wrapped his arms around the boy's waist once he drew near and gave him a tender smile. Niven did the same.

"I'm not sure where my father is or if he even arrived yet, but I wanted to know if you're okay with me introducing you guys as my partners."

Arien stilled for a moment. "I thought we were taking things slow. We don't have a label on our relationship."

"No, we don't. But I like you a lot. The reason why I brought you all here was to make our relationship public... a-and it's not like we're getting married. We're only dating so I don't see the problem of showing you all as my boyfriends."

Niven's face flushed a little red which caused Arien to grin widely, showing his sharp canines.

He was extremely happy to know Niven was willing to make their relationship official. Arien figured there was still a long way to go before the boy could even think about being with them permanently, but he underestimated how much Niven came to like them. Even now, he could see the blond affectionately gazing up at him with adoration.

Not only to him, but he spared the same look to Grim, who seemed to be taken aback and felt his heart race.

While the Arien and Niven pleasantly conversed, the twins and the rest of the Wolves listened in closely to their discussion.

Mirren and Silas stopped fighting and were ecstatic to know Niven was confident enough about their relationship to tell his father. And while Agustine was slightly nervous since he didn't want Grand Duke Uriel's to pick out his faults, Simeon noticed the demon's worries and nonchalantly eased him up.

The only ones who should be worried were Levi and Simeon.

Grand Duke Uriel was incredibly uptight to those who wanted to find an opportunity to get close to his son and hardly allowed anyone to speak to Niven, but they had a gut feeling the man would rather allow the Wolves to be Niven's partners than let the twins have a chance.

And as the twins sulked, Vasili giggled quietly amongst the two groups and looked back at Niven, finding his grin to curl up even further.

"Yo," Noah cut in the conversation. "I just saw some dude holding up trays of food. You think I can bribe him to hand me over a whole tray or what?"

"Noah... please behave," Niven lightly pleaded. "You can't eat whatever you want in this place."

"Yeah, right. I do what I want."

"Noah, I'm serious."

"Shit, I'm serious as well. Those snacks are looking fine for no reason," Noah exclaimed.

Before Niven could persuade the male to stay with them, everyone's attention was immediately caught by a girl wearing a light blue gown with a tiara sitting on top of her head.

Roselia came over to the group with male attendants following her silently. Her mate was nowhere to be found, yet that didn't stop a smile from forming on her lips.

"You came!" Roselia rushed over to Niven, giving him a hug.

"Your Highness," Niven greeted. "I didn't even know you were hosting this event until a few days ago."

She pulled away and sighed, "I planned on sending you a invitation, but I've been really busy these days and forgot so I only managed to send one to Noah. Actually, where is that guy? I could've sworn I just saw him."

The two of them looked around until they found Noah holding up a tray full of food which were intended for the guests.

The male was busy stuffing his face in with the food to even notice the princess of the imperial palace blatantly staring at him. Though it didn't take long for Levi to hurriedly nudge Noah, grabbing his attention.

Noah looked up. "The hell? If you wanted one then just grab one off the tray."

"Noah," Niven immediately said. "This is Her Highness Roselia, the crown princess of the empire."

Everyone waited for Noah to turned around and pay respects, yet the male slowly chewed on his food and looked the girl up and down. He then swallowed, only to stuff his mouth in with more snacks.

"What's up, girl? These snacks are hella good. Want some?"

Arien and his pack mates were stunned by Noah's comment while Niven and Roselia's attendants were mortified. The twins, however, they couldn't hold in their chuckles along with Vasili.

"So like, you're the princess, yeah? Cool, very cool... that's nice and all, but I'm not very good with etiquette so you're gonna have to excuse my rudeness. I barely pay attention to any of my classes back at the academy. Whoops... but anyways, I'm Noah Delgado. I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you, I didn't really wanna be here in the first place."

Roselia blinked slowly a few times, even staring at a piece of food that Noah offered with an unknown look in her eyes.

Suddenly, she grasped onto Noah's wrist which startled everyone.

"I cannot allow you to marry my first brother," she declared.

Vasili giggled a little loudly and whispered to the twins, "I guess he missed his chance at snatching the throne. Imagine all that power he could've had. Such a shame-"

"Alessio would totally ruin your life!" Roselia exclaimed, almost tearing up and surprising Noah. "Why didn't I meet you before my brother? I could've saved you from him earlier."

Noah almost choked. "What?"

"Don't worry, I have other siblings! You'll like my third and fifth brother! I can introduce them to you later once we go see my mother. He's been waiting forever to see you!"

"Oh, fuck no." Noah tried pulled his hand away, but was scared to find out the girl had a death grip on him. "Dude, you gotta let go of me. I can't stay here any longer-"

"Well, of course you can't! We need to go see Mother! Niven, I'm gonna take your friend real quick, okay? Alright, see you!"

Niven wasn't given the chance to say anything before the groups witnessed Noah being dragged off pitifully by the crown princess. The blond could clearly see Noah sending distressed signals while cursing out loud. The princess wasn't fazed one bit and only mistook his behavior as nerves to which she tried comforting him, telling Noah how her other brothers will like him.

Niven could've sworn there was a tear sliding down Noah's face before he and Roselia completely vanished.

"Sucks for him I guess," Mirren said just as Vasili bursted into a fit of giggles, accidentally attracting some people.

To the guests who had already been curious, they were even more interested in the grand duke's son now that they personally witnessed how much Roselia favored him. Everyone in the capital and the imperial palace already heard about the crown princess' engagement with Niven broken off and wondered if there was any hostility between the two, but that wasn't the case.

Roselia was content with having Niven here with her and they were slightly shocked to see the boy with a group who were too close for comfort.

They must be his new partners.

"Young Master Niven, it's a pleasure to see you again."

The Wolves and Royals instantly turned their attention to the male who spoke up, coming close to greet Niven.

Niven gazed at him for a while, needing to remember who he was before he politely sent a smile.

"Lord Charles," the boy greeted. "It's been a while."

The male before them was the son of a prominent figure of the imperial palace's inner court. Charles was someone Niven met up once in a while since he was also in the royal faction, but the two of them weren't close enough to be on first name basis.

Charles held two glasses of wine and offered one to Niven. Not wanting to be rude, the boy accepted and gave the male a questioning glimpse. He took a large sip, already knowing this was going to be a headache.

Charles looked at the group for a second, staring a little too closely at Vasili before he grinned at the boy.

"I heard your engagement with Her Highness was broken."

Niven's smile tightened. "Yes, it has."

"I figured you would've fought to keep your position as prince consort, but everyone in the faction was quite... stunned to see you letting the matter go so easily."

"Theoden is now distinguished figure in the empire. How could I possibly compare to him? After all, my health isn't as good as some others so this was bound to happen at some point."

Vasili's amusement instantly died down once he detected a strange atmosphere looming between the two males. Even Levi and Simeon noticed and found themselves growing a little impatient with how they conversed while the Wolves simply stood back, already knowing they had no place to interfere.

But Agustine and Silas became more concerned when they found a few more people gathering to speak to the boy, obviously wanting to talk to him about his engagement with Roselia.

"Lord Niven, surely you don't think this is acceptable, yes?"

"Theoden is Roselia's mate. I think they're perfectly fine with each other-"

"Don't you care about the imperial family's bloodline being tainted with someone like Theoden?"

"That's right," another hurriedly spoke out his grievances. "As someone who's been leading our faction, you should know better than anyone just how precious the imperial princess is. She's the only female who's been born after centuries. Theoden isn't suitable."

"Theoden is of low birth. We may consider him to be one of her consorts, but not the main husband."

Charles grew a little exasperated with how many people were talking over the boy and finally stepped in to take over.

"Lord Niven," he began. "We put all of our resources in you. We made you prince consort. Please reconsider breaking the engagement off."

"Why should I? I think you're forgetting who you're speaking to. Who gave you the right to command me as you please?" Niven abruptly sneered at them, alarming the nobles and his group.

Charles still insisted, "We spent many years with you fighting the other faction. Theoden might have received the people's favor, but it's not enough to strengthen the royal family power. The other princes have yet to find a suitable spouse, especially Crown Prince Alessio. If you don't wish to marry Her Highness then at least consider the first prince."

Niven was taken aback by the suggestion and immediately heard a small growl coming from Arien and Grim, realizing how pissed off the others were. Even Vasili wore a glare, finding the nobles to be an eyesore.

"I don't plan on marrying into the royal family. I already have my partners here with me," Niven declared, gesturing over to his pack mates and the twins.

Charles and the others were stunned to see him pointing at the twins. They found the whole situation a little confusing since the three of them were siblings... but then again, it wouldn't really matter since they don't share the same blood. Still, they were growing a little more desperate and immediately looked at the others with hostility.

"The Lanphere family has already fallen so low. You consider them your future partners?" Someone from Charles' group spoke up with a scoff. "You're quick to abandon the imperial family."

"Watch your mouth," Simeon spat out, startling them. "You can talk shit to Levi and I, but if I hear you say that crap to Niven then I'll fucking kill you."

"Simeon, wait." Niven pushed him further back, not wanting anyone to get involved.

Niven was only here to get his father's blessing, but he also knew he couldn't avoid the royal faction forever. The royal family might have been okay with him leaving them behind to pursue his own partners since Theoden had proven himself capable of backing the family up, but the imperialists held grudges to the boy.

It was true that they spent a lot of their time and effort to make Niven Roselia's prince consort in order to protect the royal family. Now that Theoden has taken his spot, they were extremely reluctant to let Niven after supporting him for years.

And... Niven felt incredible guilt crashing down on him. He had deceived them only to protect Theoden, but he was too entangled with the faction to leave.

This was a fucking disaster.

"We spent so much time on making you prince consort."

"Exactly, how could you leave us with such a mess?"

"Roselia cannot just have one husband. The princess has her own duties to fulfill so if you cannot choose Crown Prince Alessio, then become the princess' main husband."

Niven nervously backed away. "I don't want to-"

"Even if you left, how can there be anyone else suitable for you other than the imperial family?" Someone took a jab toward his partners, but their hostility was aimed toward Arien. "Surely, you cannot be serious about accepting a dog as your spouse-"

Everyone suddenly felt a chill run down their spines while others couldn't find themselves to breathe. The majority of Charles' group began to choke a little, reaching up to grasp their necks as their eyes turned a little red. Some even had blood dripping down their noses.

Niven stood in front of the group with a nasty expression, glaring down at the aristocrats. He took another sip of his drink before he held his other hand up, forming a fist which caused the others to wheeze for air and nearly stumbled over.

"You just had to piss me off, didn't you?" Niven coldly said, putting even more pressure on their lungs as their blood boiled.

He gestured a hand forward, making one man immediately follow suit and stood right in front of Niven. The one who make a snide remark toward Arien.

Niven clasped his hand around his neck, squeezing it tightly and crushing his esophagus. He looked at the male's eyes and ignored the pleading look he had.

"I don't have to explains my actions to anyone. If you had any other complaints then take it out on me, but you chose to offend me by taking your anger out on my partner. I should just let you bleed out really, but we're inside the central palace... Roselia wouldn't like blood on the ground. She might reprimand me," Niven murmured out before reluctantly releasing the man's throat.

He snapped his fingers and released the others as well, stopping them from choking on their own blood.

The imperial faction immediately bowed their heads in submission, fear taking control of them. They've forgotten just how strong Niven was considering he was Grand Duke Uriel's son. They were so used to him being timid and sick that they hadn't even thought about what abilities he had other than Luck.

They could easily die as soon as Niven takes control of their blood. Niven probably wouldn't even bat an eye at their deaths.

Seeing them so compliant now, Arien and the others couldn't help but smile a little. The alpha was especially happy to know just how protective the boy was and had to admit that he was a little alarmed at how vicious Niven could be, but he was mostly concerned that he used his third ability.

He seemed perfectly fine and in sync with it, so Arien decided not to say a word about it and secretly felt a little prideful that Niven's gotten better at handling his abilities.

Charles stepped forward, not being affected at all by what Niven had done and sighed, "If that's what you really want then there's really nothing else we can do to persuade you. I can only hope you'll still help the imperialists in the future once Roselia marries Theoden."

"That's what I had planned," Niven icily retorted.

Vasili abruptly interrupted by appearing right behind the boy, looking a little enthralled by the company.

He stuck out his hand and greeted, "You're funny little thing, aren't you? Quite pissy as well... hehe."

Charles was taken aback. He looked down at Vasili's outstretched hand and slowly grabbed it, not wanting to be rude. But then he felt something shock him and recoiled back.

Vasili laughed and showed the buzzer on his hand. "The old hand buzzer never fails to make me laugh!"

"Who... are you?"

"Me? Oh, where are my manners! My name is... well, I don't think humans nowadays can pronounce it, but you can just call me Vasili! I'm Niven's professor from the academy."

For some reason, Charles felt intimidated by the man. Never mind that he was a high-tiered ability user, he almost felt his hand tremble just from having contact with Vasili. There was something about his eyes that made him instantly want to submit, and he could tell the professor was a lot stronger than anyone else here in the imperial palace.

Maybe even more than the royal family.

Vasili noticed that look in his eyes and giggled quietly, finding himself completely amused and liked having that fear on Charles' face.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Lord Charles. You don't want to end up on Vasili's bad side."

The groups instantly turned their heads it see Niven's father sauntering over with the crown princess.

"Father," Niven hurriedly spoke up. "I just-"

"It's alright. I know what you're here for. Roselia came to tell me."

The princess held a glare over to the imperialists. "Is there a problem here, gentlemen?"

"No... not at all, Your Highness."

Roselia highly doubted it. She could tell Niven had some trouble with them and figured they were bringing up their previous engagement. It annoyed her to no end.

"Then you must be here to congratulate Niven, right?" She quickly changed the topic and plastered a fake smile. "It's nice to think you're here to welcome his partners with the grand duke!"

Grand Duke Uriel glanced at the girl, not really understanding her intentions before he looked at his son, finding him a little relieved.

The aristocrats found themselves unable to correct the princess due to Niven's father being right there in front of them. If he had really come here to approve of Niven's partners then there's really no chance the boy would become part of the royal family.

"Father, you've met Arien and Silas before. These are..."

"Mirren, son of Remiah. Silas' older brother, Agustine. And Grimmwolf, your alpha's friend."

Grand Duke Uriel already knew who each of them were which made Niven's anxiety worsen.

Niven was nervous as hell whenever his father scanned through each of them. Even his group stood alarmed, waiting for Grand Duke Uriel to show his disapproval.

Shockingly, he showed a small smile. "You should bring them over to the grand duchy sometimes. Your mother will be excited."

"Y-Yes... yes, of course, Father."

He didn't expect his father to give his blessings so easily. Even the others were quite surprised, though Roselia beamed.

But when Grand Duke Uriel's gaze swept over to the twins, his smile vanished and the Royals felt their heart drop immediately.

"I have a meeting with the emperor so I most get going. I'll speak to you and your partners soon."

"Yes, Father."

Niven happily sent his father off, not realizing just how crushed the twins seemed. The imperial faction also began to disperse, though one stayed behind to talk to Niven a while longer.

Seeing as how they couldn't persuade him to marry anymore, Niven figured it'd be alright and separated the group for a bit. He even took another glass from the male while Roselia stayed behind to congratulate the group.

"I'm glad you all received his blessing. I honestly thought it'd take longer."

Mirren was ecstatic and nodded. "I thought so too, but I guess this is considered as happy news."

"Don't let those old geezers get to you as well. They always speak their minds out without knowing when to shut up," Roselia scoffed. "They spent so much on Niven so it's hard for them to let him go, you know?"

"Was that why you and Alessio were so harsh to us at the academy?" Silas asked.

The girl looked nervous now. "You... well, you know..."

"You wanted us to be prepared for what others were going to say, so that's why you two had such a nasty attitude," Arien stated firmly.

"I-It's just that Niven is Uriel's only son. It's not only the imperial faction who wants him, nearly every aristocrat as well so there was a lot of competition on who'll receive Uriel's blessing before we've gotten engaged. Everyone's eyes were going to be on you... they probably wonder why you guys managed to get him and not them."

Roselia didn't want to admit this was why she and Alessio were so rude before since she didn't want them to stress about this. But now, almost every noble will try to pick out at their faults and persuade Niven to change his mind, wanting him to have better options like their own children so they can be tethered to a powerful family.

Arien and the others understood this very well, especially Silas since he was born of an old aristocratic family.

"Anyways, I have to get going. I must meet with my mate and get Noah. He's... with my brothers right now," Roselia laughed nervously at the mention of Noah.

"Thank you, Your Highness," Arien said.

"You shouldn't thank me for things like that. I was pretty awful to you back then, even if we did have our reasons." She waved it off and began to walk away. "I'll see you all later."

Before she completely walked away, she found Levi and Simeon to be in a depressive mood. Roselia thought about to the grand duke and recalled how awful their relationship with each other was. She could only hope he'll be able to accept them as well.

Just as the princess left, Niven came stumbling back with a red face, looking extremely pissed off and bothered. He seemed to be sweating a little.

Grimmwolf caught him, but he found a sweet scent coming off from the boy. It was similar to Mirren's.

Before he could ask what was wrong, Niven gripped onto his collar and nearly begged the albino beastman.

"D-Drink... help—something was i-in there."

He grew completely limp not too long after, panting heavily and groaning as Grimmwolf rushed to get him somewhere else with the help of Levi and Simeon. He faintly heard his pack mates speaking to each other, almost snarling.

Niven really hated coming to the palace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 5.9K 52
L U C I F E R' S L O V E Lucifer has never known love. He's been beaten all his life. Told that he's worthless, but one day he escapes his abuse. He...
250K 10.3K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
113K 6.2K 19
↳ ❝ LET'S MAKE A BET. ❞ ⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯ yandere!student council x male!reader 「 When you enroll into a prestigious all-boys academy based on a scholarship...
257K 15.2K 69
Everyone has heard of the exquisite tales from Greek mythologies and whether they tell of legendary heroes or wicked villains. Sometimes, passing dow...