The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Sequal to 'The Past Is In The Past.' If you haven't read that it may be hard to read this story without cont... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Note
We're forever
Now, what?
It's the end.
Last words
New book!!

Chapter 34

833 14 386
By hsmtmts_endgame

-October 2020-

Josh's POV:

I got out of my car with my guitar and my speaker for the first time in about 6 months. I missed the feeling of rushing to set because my lazy alarms wouldn't ring loud enough for me to wake up.

"Josh!" Matt came up to me and hugged me.

"Guys, although we all quarantined, we need to keep our distance." Tim informed us. We nodded and took a couple of steps away from each other. I looked at everyone, but Olivia was missing. I was going to see her sooner or later. I had to keep in mind that we were actors, just like the Anyone Else music video meant nothing to me, this shouldn't either. I was getting paid to do act, I had to be professional.

I saluted everyone; They were acting differently towards me, except Matt and Larry, of course. I felt like I didn't belonged there, but the thought was interrupted when a car pulled up and a small brunette came out of the drivers seat. She had her license, she didn't need rides from me anymore. 

She walked out ever so confidently, wearing a sweater and a skirt. It was October and she was wearing a skirt. Good to know.

"Liv!" Sofia exclaimed. Just keep it cool, keep it cool, KEEP IT COOL. 

She walked around and saluted everyone. I was the last one, since I was in the corner. I pulled my phone out as a sense of distraction.

"Good morning." She walked a little closer to me. I couldn't quite tell how long it had been without breaking eye contact. Everyone was discretely looking at us, waiting for the next move. "Are you going to talk, or run away like last time?" She joked sharply.

Damn.

"Hey." I answered back, looking apathetic to her comment. I turned my attention back to my phone and lost myself in my thoughts.

It's a professional environment, our past should not interfere it. Just keep telling yourself that, Joshua

Olivia's POV:

Was I expecting him to freak out? Of course, but he didn't. I shouldn't care about that... I don't care about that or him.

Tim guided us to a room installed in the second floor, where only the main cast could be at. I found myself trying to catch Josh's eye a lot, but I quickly stopped that when I noticed it.

Josh's POV:

Did I feel her eyes on me? Yes. It didn't bother me though, whatever it was, I had to be professional.

"I'll leave you guys to talk a little bit, here you don't need social distance, by the way." Tim smiled before he closed the door and walked out.

"I missed you guys so much!" Frankie pulled all of us into a hug, unconsciously, pushing Liv and I wayyyyyy to close to each other. Liv pulled away when her phone started ringing, walking to a corner. I didn't miss the way her eyes went thinner, just the way they did when she smiled.

Larry, Matt and I were on a mission. Find out if Olivia was dating Cameron.

Olivia's POV:

"Hey, Liv." Cameron beamed, showing Iris doing some TikTok dance. I laughed as she noticed she was appearing on the camera and hid herself on the couch. "What are you doing?" He asked me.

"I just reunited with the cast." I answered.

"How did it go? with, you know." He questioned. I shrugged and looked back to where everyone else was. 

"Good. We're just ignoring each other." I replied. He smiled and told me about his day.

"I booked a ticket to Salt Lake for Halloween because I miss you and so does everyone else." He chuckled.

"You do realize it's barely been 2 weeks." I laughed. I actually wanted Cameron to come, so I could introduce him to the cast. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"Because I can't wait for you to fly here." I smiled.

"That doesn't seem completely true." He chuckled.

"Okay, I just want to prove Josh that I moved on." I shrugged. He laughed at the way I answered and told Iris.

Josh's POV:

Someone is not aware of how loud they're talking. We were all having a conversation about spicy food. Well, they were talking, I was listening because I felt that if I said something, everyone would come at me. I had an ear on Olivia's conversation as well. Call it eavesdropping, or not, I don't really care. 

So, she wants to prove to me she moved on. Two can play that game. But other than that, if she feels the need to do that... Has she really moved on? I didn't catch anything about them dating, but the way they talked to each other made it pretty obvious. Right then, Sabrina called me. I was actually glad she did. I can prove to Olivia I moved on too.

I smirked to myself and walked to another corner, leaving everyone else to talk. They seemed shocked that I walked out of the conversation, and started lowering their voices, either to hear Liv and I in our conversations, or to not be so loud while we were on phone calls.

"Hey, babe." I smiled.

Olivia's POV:

Babe? No, it's fine, I'm not bothered by that at all.

"Baby, I miss you." Cameron spoke louder, listening to what Josh had said. Haha, touché. I smirked and thanked him with my eyes.

Josh's POV:

Baby. Okay, I can do better than that.

"I wrote a song for you, sweetheart." I bubbled. I smiled when I saw Sabrina blush.

Cameron's POV:

He said sweetheart? I can take it up a notch.

"I have a present for you but you have to wait until I visit, sunshine." I smirked at Liv. Iris was suddenly interested in the conversation and sat behind me.

Matt's POV:

"Larry, please tell me this is not actually happening." I whispered.

"I can't. But, it's really entertaining." He chuckled.

"Josh is one stupid human being." I mumbled, slapping my forhead with my hand.

Josh's POV:

"I have to go, but I'll talk to you later, lover." I blew a kiss to Sabrina. She seemed a little surprised by the term but didn't hesitate to say, 

"I love you, talk to you later."

"I love you too." I grinned and hung up. Checkmate.

I didn't look at Olivia, as much as my whole body and soul begged me to. I didn't, although I knew her eyes were fixed on me. I walked back and sat in between Matt and Larry, who both slapped my arms. 

"Ouch!" I groaned. They pulled me up the round couch and to the side.

"Let's play a game called How Slow Can Bassett Be? !" Matt whispered harshly.

Julia's POV:

"I wasn't the only one who saw all that, right?" I whispered to the rest. They all shook their heads, but we quickly changed the subject when Liv walked to us.

Josh's POV:

"You are the most brainless person ever." Larry murmured. I laughed and asked why.

"Your moronic-self who wants Liv back had to confess your quote-on-quote, love, with another girl in front of her?!" He asked, still whispering. Oops-

"But, she said she wanted to prove she was over me, and I was like 'I'll do it too'. Now that you mention it, it was pretty impulsive of me to do and totally won't help." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Next time you think of doing something, anything, just ask us beforehand." Larry sighed. I nodded and we walked back to the group, where Liv had already joined.

I guess I was very senseless for that because now Sabrina thinks I actually love her.

- · · · -

Olivia's POV:

"I just thought- I don't know, he wouldn't be such a dog?" I sighed, wrapping my legs with my arms.

"Liv, I don't think you're fully over him." Madi answered.

"I am." I responded quickly.

"Why would you feel something if you didn't care anymore?" She asked me.

"Because we still have memories." I answered. "But, I guess my heart is not detached from those yet." I shrugged. We talked some more after that, but I couldn't quite get those words out of my head. 'I guess my heart is not detached from those yet'

I grabbed my guitar and started playing a common chord progression. Before I knew it, I was writing the lyrics to the rhythm and melody of Happier.

"And I thought my heart was attached
For all the sunlight of our past
But she's so sweet, she's so pretty
Does she mean you forgot about me?

Oh, I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

And do you tell her she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?

An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean
Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?
And now I'm pickin' her apart
Like cuttin' her down make you miss my wretched heart
But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies

I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me

I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really
Say you love her, baby, just not like you loved me
And think of me fondly when your hands are on her
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
I hope you're happy, just not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, can't let you go
So find someone great, don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier.
" I ended.

I listened to the recording, and immediately called Dan. "What are the odds I wrote a song as good as the others?" I asked. I sent him the video, and we instantly started working on it.

N/A

everyone say, 'Happier' supremacy😌✋.  

jk, what was the last song off of SOUR u guys listened to???

mines was 'hope ur ok'💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.3K 27
In which two ex lovers find there way loving each other once again.
34.8K 935 39
Nini and Ricky are in an awkward situation but the show must go on! Read please! I do not own High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. All chara...
22K 433 23
~~A man comes on the speaker and says, "this is your captain speaking. we have run into a thunderstorm and its's not safe for us to be up in the air...
64.4K 2.4K 46
❝ boy i, boy i, boy i know, i know you get the feels ❞ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 he falls for his sister's best friend, but she doesn't want to ruin her friend...